You added Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport South to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport South
Ranked #5 of 18 Hotels in Dania Beach
Atlanta
“Nice New Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

Pick up from the airport was very smooth. we were the only ones on the van and were pretty happy about that when we saw how many people were jockeying for other hotel vans. Check in was fairly slow - especially for a pre-paid reservation. As others have said, everyone is very friendly and the rooms were quite quiet and comfortable. Breakfast was adequate. I think they were some kind of scrambled egg product rather than real eggs. The texture was weird. When it was time to leave, we had the front desk call us a cab, and they were there in 5 minutes. Would not hesitate to stay again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
TAManagement, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport South, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Thank you for writing about your experience at our hotel. Your feedback is very important to the continued successful delivery of exceptional guest service. We thank you for your patronage and look forward to your future return. Warm regards.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Rabat, Morocco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

we booked a room kind of last minute because of our flight schedule. They were wonderful. The shuttle drivers were sweet and welcoming (and right on time). After a very brief mix-up with the room, we were upgraded to a suite that was clean and very nice. We got in very late and had to leave early, so we weren't really able to enjoy it as much as we otherwise would have. Folks were very nice at breakfast, and even though the breakfast area was overrun with airlines employees, they had plenty of food for all. They really worked hard to make our brief stay pleasant, and I really appreciate it.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
TAManagement, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport South, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Bakersfield
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

Booked a stay at this Holiday Inn Epxress for 1 night stay before a cruise. Booked because it was a newer hotel and the pricing was good. Also on the website it indicated the hotel had an airport shuttle. I called the day before leaving to confirm the airport shuttle and they assured me they had one and that all I need do was call when we got in from our flight. We arrived and I called the hotel at 10:23 and she said wait outside at the shuttle pickup and the shuttle should be there in 20 minutes. We took our luggage an waited outside in the uncovered area in the light rain and waited and waited. We saw several Holiday Inn shuttles come by but when questioned they were for other Holiday Inns in the area. I called again at 10:50 pm and they assured me that the shuttle was coming. Still no shuttle. I called again at 11:07 and she advised the shuttle was there but could not find us. I told her we had been waiting between terminal 2 and 3 in the designated area and had never seen the shuttle. She advised she would call him and have him come get us. at 11:28 I called again as still no shuttle. Calling again at 11:36 the hotel front desk advised me to give her my cell phone and she would have the shuttle driver call me immediately. I do so but did not hear from the shuttle driver. We then got a taxi at about 11:50 and when in the taxi on the way to the hotel, the shuttle bus driver called. I told him we had already gotten a taxi because didn't think he was going to show. He said he was at the airport. When we got to the hotel, the shuttle bus and driver was sitting outside the hotel. He was not at the airport as he claimed on the phone. I asked the front desk if there was a manger on duty but one was not available until the next day. I discussed this with the manager and advised that they had poor customer service. Granted I should not have waited so long to get a taxi but the front desk kept assuring me that the shuttle would be there in minutes. The manager advised they only had 1 shuttle and had a large group coming in from Spirit Airlines and that was their priority. I said that was fine but someone should have communicated that to me when I called so I could get the taxi earlier. I felt the communication from his staff was very poor. He agreed to reimburse me the $20.00 for the taxi taking it off me bill. However, this was never done. Of course, this left a very bad impression of the hotel. The room was clean and efficient. It was a typical express hotel room but for the price I was happy with the room and the complimentary breakfast the next day. However, the staff including the manager need much help in communicating to their customers if there is a problem. It was handled very unprofessionally from the manager down to his front desk staff.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for visiting with us and sharing this feedback. We sincerely apologize that our hotel failed to meet your transportation expectations. We apologize for the inconveniences that you encountered as a guest of our hotel and are truly sorry. We hope that you will provide us with another opportunity in the future to restore your faith and confidence in our hotel. Thank you again for your comments and we wish you safe travels.
demaileron
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

This property opened in October 2013. It's in a residential area and a quick, five minute shuttle ride to the FLL terminals. The rooms, of course, a really nice. After all, the property is brand new!

Really friendly, prompt staff. A stand-out is the breakfast bar attendant. She is excellent, truly one-of-a-kind! IHG and this HIX is blessed to have her. I look forward to my return!

The surrounding area is not at all scary (I'm sure that comment comes from someone whom is very sheltered, not used to travel). Pool is under construction as the website CLEARLY states.

The morning I left, the airport shuttle was not operating (they claim the shuttle driver called-in sick). I had to pay $$ for a taxi to the airport. Standard procedure in this situation is for property to pay cab fare to the airport. Clearly, an advertised amenity was not available -- their fault, not mine. It should not be my financial burden to cover taxi fare. I've had far lesser-scale hotels (Baymonts, Econos) pay taxi fare when their shuttle was unavailable. Something like this fails IHG brand-standards and sets a very poor precedent.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
TAManagement, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport South, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us. I sincerely apologize that your visit was negatively affected by the shuttle to the airport and how that was handled. . I appreciate you letting us know about this unsatisfactory circumstance as the feedback we receive from our guests like you is our best means of making sure that this incident does not happen again in the future.

Despite the shortcomings, I am delighted that you have recognized the service of our staff. It is always hugely motivating on our part to receive commendable feedback from our valued guests like you.
NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

My husband & I were at this hotel the weekend of the 22nd after coming off of a cruise that surprisingly let us off the boat super early. We went to the hotel and had to wait in the lobby for a couple of hours before getting a room because rooms were still being cleaned, but it was no prob with us Thanks to the young Lady pricilla at the
front desk who was so welcoming a kind. She continuously checked to see if we needed anything even after being swarmed with guest. One guest was extremely rude to her and the manager and she handled it so well never once blaming the guest. The room was simple but nice but sadly the pool was closed and there was nowhere for us to relax in the sun. Overall I was happy with our stay and service.

• Stayed November 2013
Thank you for writing about your experience at our hotel. We are sorry that you had to wait for your room.Your feedback is very important to the continued successful delivery of exceptional guest service. We thank you for your patronage and look forward to your future return. Warm regards.
Dania Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

I am staying here for a month and one of the most enjoyable parts of my stay here is breakfast. It can be the gloomiest day and Bridgett will come in a bring the sunshine! The group I'm staying with has a hectic schedule and it's the most encouraging experience to peel yourself out of bed and be greeted so pleasantly each morning. I can't say thank you enough for having such great service, patience, empathy and a sense of urgency.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
TAManagement, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport South, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Thanks for the great comments on our hotel and Bridgett. We will share your comments with her and our staff. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product. It's always a pleasure to know when we have exceeded our guests’ expectations and hope to continue doing so.Thank you again for your comments and we wish you safe travels.
Marion, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

I can't even imagine that Sasha R (see previous review) and I stayed at the same hotel. My wife and I stayed at this hotel this past weekend (November 8-10, 2013) and had a lovely experience. It was a holiday inn express, granted, but it was as nice or nicer than any HIE that we have ever stayed in. The room was exceptionally clean, well appointed and looked and smelled like new rooms look and smell. The hotel staff was polite - even kind - helpful and surprisingly responsive. (I asked for extra coffee packets at an inconvenient time, but the desk clerk - working alone before 9am saturday morning - managed to get them to me in about five minutes, and to do it with a "customer is always right" attitude. She was a real sweetie and seemed determined to help.) If you do stay here, you gotta try Jimmie's Chocolate and Cafe, kitty-cornered across the street. (Wonderful food and world-class chocolate). I am inclined to agree with the comment about the sketchie neighborhood, but with all due respect, Dania seems to be an 'uneven' community that way. I tended to see its unevenness more as the simple result of its cultural heritage than anything else. People have obviously been going to Dania Beach for many years seeking sun and sand, and the result is the quaint two story, beach-front, pink, blue and orange pastel-colored hotels with window air conditioners and neon appellations in their windows (reminiscent of Apalachicola, for me). I liked experiencing the cultural atmosphere of the area, but appreciated and preferred the relatively predictable clean, consistent and comfortable accomodations of this clearly new hotel in Dania, Florida, as the place to sleep at night. I will stay here again the next time I travel to Dania. (I am in my mid-fifties, have stayed many places over the decades, but this is the first review I have ever written, and I decided to write it largely because I could not imagine what in the heck Sasha R was talking about in her nasty review of this place.)

Room Tip: We stayed in the King suite, fourth floor and loved it.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
LM-Management, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport South, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Dear Jeff, Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product. It's always a pleasure to know when we have exceeded our guests’ expectations and hope to continue doing so. Just one side note, you mentioned that Sasha R gave us a negative review, but she also gave us a 5 star review, it was Malcolm W that did not appreciate our new hotel. Again, thank you very much and we hope to see you soon.

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport South? Share your experiences!