“A must-stop for anyone with kids and anyone who loves ice cream and old-fashioned candy!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Jaxson's Ice Cream Parlor

Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Dessert
Georgetown, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

Jaxson's was recommended to our family on our last day while vacationing in Ft. Lauderdale. What a treasure! This old-fashioned ice cream parlor/ restaurant has an extensive list of gourmet and classic ice cream flavors, all home-made. The portions are very generous. In fact, you can ask for a kid-size serving for the young ones, which is good to know, since it's not advertised on the menu this way. The front of the shop is stocked with numerous nostalgic candy such as rope licorice, Razzles, Pop Rocks, Necco wafers, wax soda bottles, Good & Plenty, candy cigarettes, Zots, Big League Gum, Dots, salt water taffy & more. We spent as much time in the front of the store deciding what to buy as we did at our table ordering and eating our ice cream. Fun for all ages!

Orlando, Florida, United States
“delicious new ice cream flavor”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

While standing in line I asked people around me what flavors they had tried at Jaxson's. One person mentioned blueberry ice cream. Blueberry is something I associate with pancakes and muffins. I tried a blueberry ice cream cone. Delicious!! We went on a Sunday and there was a wait in line. We ate outside.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“Brings you back to your childhood”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

I had an enjoyable lunch visit to Jaxson's with my 3 children (17,15,11), niece & her boyfriend. The menu was extensive and everything looked so good that it was very difficult to decide what to have. I had the hot dog which was delicious. My son enjoyed the Philly cheese steak very much. Excellent service! The popcorn upon seating is wonderful. We enjoyed the Arnold Palmer's which you don't usually see on menus. The ice cream for dessert was all good. It's a very happy place. We all also enjoyed the old fashioned candy upon entering the story, it reminded me of my childhood. I would definitely return when in the area.

Miami, Florida
“Great Ice Cream but long wait”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

We waited over an hour to be seated. The food was not worth the wait but the Ice Cream is some of the best I have had. The restaurant is a bit cramped and seats are not too comfortable. I did not care for all the merchandise on display; thought it was a bit overdone.

Would return but to order Ice Cream outside and not wait so long to be seated.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Dandridge, Tennessee
“Unique Experience - Delicious Ice Cream”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

I went to Jaxson's upon a recommendation by my instructor at a local maritime school. He said that you couldn't eat dinner and dessert there, so I took my fiance and we decided to split a meal and dessert. We didn't have to wait at all for a table, but we did get seated next to a large group that was extremely extremely loud, which did make the atmosphere less enjoyable. The decor is very unique, with lots of antiques and some neat pictures.

We ordered one of the hot dogs and an ice cream dish, and told our server she could bring everything out as soon as it was ready. The hot dog was huge! It had to have been 18" long, with a bunch of different toppings. It was an all-beef dog, which isn't usually my favorite, but this one was pretty good. But the real star was the ice cream. We ordered a Sundae that was half vanilla and half caramel, with hot fudge and butterscotch sauces. OH MY GOODNESS. That ice cream was to die for, the sauce was to die for...it was just wonderfully sinfully good.

Jaxson's was loud, energetic, and fun. I would probably just go for the ice cream next time, and probably not even sit inside. But I would still go for the ice cream.

• Visited July 2013