“Ownership mgt problem” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 18 Hotels in Dania Beach
Las Vegas
“Ownership mgt problem”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

This hotel left much to be deserved. Product was not well kept up, mgt response to my problems were dismissive and information given to a call direct to hotel re shuttle service was 100% incorrect causing me difficulty in making my flight out. Overall an experience that should be avoided by others, find another nearby location , pay $20 more per night and get a much more desirable experience. Don't put yourself or family through this , fair warning! Beware.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

1. I booked this motel at the last minute due to a flight cancellation. There were a lot of flights cancelled that day and motel/hotel were in short supply. My only complaint was that they took advantage of the situation and charged an inflated rate. I was there for 2 nights and charged at least $50 - $60 dollars a night more than their usual advance booking rate. It should be noted that most other hotels around FLL were doing the same thing too.
2. It was a typical mom and pop owned and operated motel. They had only 37 units (or so). The couple that ran the place lived on the property; they lived in some rooms just off the office and were always on the property. If nobody was at the front desk, you could just call them, their residence door was always cracked open, and they would come right out. If you had a problem they were there to correct it. In addition, when I called the wife quoted me the rate and when I showed up she was the one at the counter to check me in. There was no lost reservation and/or misunderstanding. I believe that they have been the owner/managers of this motel for 7 years now. The two nights I stayed there only the couple worked the desk. You are always dealing with the owners/managers, etc.
3. They had a real nice shuttle van. The shuttle to/from FLL was complimentary. The first shuttle back to the airport states at 6 AM. I had an early flight and it left promptly at 6 AM. The husband drives the shuttle van. They will shuttle you the cruise port too; however, I'm not sure whether it is complimentary or not.
4. I had no problems with the room (217). The room was clean, the bed was comfortable, the shower had hot water, the toilet flushed, and the air conditioner worked. The amenities in the room included a microwave, refrigerator, iron, hair dryer, safe, alarm clock, coffee pot, and a real nice Samsung HD flat panel TV (with over 100 satellite dish channels). The furniture in the room (i.e. desk, couch, and coffee table, etc.) was "dated", They could have used a couple more outlets by the desk, and I would have liked to have had some higher wattage bulbs in the lamps. There were a couple holes in the bathroom wall where the towel rack had been remounted and the shower curtain rod was very lose and ready to fall off. In addition, the safety lock on the door was coming lose.
5. It is a 2 story motel and there was a working (but slow) elevator. They also had an ice machine, coke machine ($1 per can), and candy machine close to the office.
6. Their complimentary continental breakfast was pretty decent for a motel that size. They had food that included microwaveable maple waffles and cinnamon rolls, packaged bowls of Frosted Flakes and Raisin Bran, packaged cups of peaches, bagels and cream cheese, toast and jelly, and coffee/milk/orange/juice. The breakfast doesn't open until 7 AM. Since I was leaving early the 2nd morning at 6 AM I took some peaches and microwaveable rolls to my room the first morning to eat the 2nd morning. I figured I had paid for it (see note #1). There were only a couple tables in the office to eat at and some people were taking the food to their room to eat anyway.
7. The motel is within easy walking distance to some stores/restaurant. You could get food at a "convenient store", Walgreens, or Family Dollar. The restaurants included IHOP, Subway, Churches Chicken, Jaxson's Ice Cream Parlour & Restaurant, a hole in wall Chinese place, and a hole in the wall pizza place. There were lights/crosswalks to safely cross the streets. Also, the motel is on the public bus line; and with free shuttle service to/from the airport it would be no problem to get there to get a rental car.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Salmon Arm, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

We stayed 2 separate nights recently. 2 different rooms. Both were clean no issues. good 5 minute walk to 2 good restaurants. Quiet. breakfast not good nowhere near the choices there should be and not good quality. Staff need to learn customer service not rude or anything just not friendly or helpful. Rates are good for the area. No problem with shuttle used 4 times - 2 each stay. Maintenance issue in bathroom nothing bad but should be better maintained. we would stay again.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple

A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

good and easygoing hotel
fast free wifi/Free parking lot
cleanliness like every motel in the US but OK
quiet rooms, street isn't very busy in the nights
breakfast a little bit more quantity like other motels in this class
i would recommend it!!

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business

Saint Louis, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Our flight was cancelled and after shopping around, this was the most afordable, but still expensive none the less. Most I have ever paid for a budget hotel. When we bathed, it caused a leak in the lobby. They called us to tell us not to fill the tub so much- serioulsy, use some of the high charge to fix your plumbing. Shuttle was on time and accomodating, room was clean but really dated, and breakfast was acdeptable. I wouldnt walk about at night.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
Management-10564, Manager at Super 8 Fort Lauderdale Airport, responded to this review, 1 week ago
It is good to hear from you, though I'm sorry to learn that you did not fully enjoy the service, accommodations and hospitality that we hold to such a high degree of importance in our hotel. Please accept our sincerest apologies for any services or amenities that did not live up to your expectations. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and to bring these matters to our attention.
San Antonio, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This room had been booked for several months prior to a cruise. As advertised, there was a free shuttle from FT Laud. airport but the wait after calling was almost an hour. We checked in and, frankly, had not expected too much, but the room had a stench---as if no one had every hit the toilet when using. I tried 2-3 times to notify the desk but they were never present and when I finally did get them, they acted as if they were surprised but were full and could not offer anything else. We thought the price was very high for the quality but I guess you have to take what you can get in that area. Restaurants were at least 4 long blocks away and very few choices except fast food. The breakfast was what was expected at a Super 8 but very little choice. Coffee was good---only positive. We needed a shuttle to the airport to catch a cruise shuttle and there on only one time. You chose that one or not at all!!! Over all, I would not stay here again.

Room Tip: Only saw our room and it was super smelly!!! Obnoxiously smelly!!!
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
I am terribly sorry to learn that you experienced so much inconvenience during your stay. I hope you will accept our sincerest apologies for the service that you did not receive regarding the necessity of correcting such issues as quickly as possible. I do thank you for bringing this matter to our attention and I assure you that we are correcting this issue for improved convenience in future visits.

Been to Super 8 Fort Lauderdale Airport? Share your experiences!