“The front desk people were rude, didn't want to do as we...” 2 of 5 stars

You added Super 8 Fort Lauderdale Airport to your Saves list
Super 8 Fort Lauderdale Airport
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   333 South Federal Highway, Dania Beach, FL 33304   |
Ranked #13 of 18 Hotels in Dania Beach

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Universal City, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Airport pick-up was timely, the room was clean and quiet, there are a number of eating places near-by and the area is well lit. Check in and out were fast and easy. I'll be staying there again next year.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Putnam, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

We landed at FLL on Sunday around 11:30 a.m., got our baggage, went to the hotel van pickup area and called; pickup was 15 minutes later. Room was already ready for us. Room was large and clean, but a little musty odor when you first walk in. Shower had good pressure and hot water. Wi-fi worked without a hitch. TV had lots of channels, but if you are unfamiliar with DirecTV as I am, it is a little frustrating to figure it out. Air conditioning worked fine, maybe a little on the loud side. Ten minute walk to Grandpa's Restaurant (I can recommend), with Walgreens (including liquor) on the way; 5 minute walk in the other direction to Dunkin Donuts. Neighborhood not luxurious but it felt safe. Modest breakfast in the tiny lobby. Free shuttle to the cruise port in the morning. Rate was about $90 including tax. All in all, a functional and convenient place to use pre- or post-cruise.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Caloundra, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Hotel was clean. Receptionist (Manager's wife) was very friendly however the manager was not friendly or helpful. I didn't know that the rates increased for Friday and Saturday nights. If I had known, I would have stayed at a cheaper place as I didn't think that this increased rate was value for money. The room air conditioner was noisy.

Room Tip: Check out the A/C noise.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Management-10564, Manager at Super 8 Fort Lauderdale Airport, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
We regret to discover that you weren't thoroughly impressed with us during your most recent stay. We hold our staff to a high standard of hospitality and we strive to give you the best service at the best value. Please know that we take your concerns seriously as we value you as our guest. You can be assured that our maintenance team will be implementing improvements with our air conditioning units. Also, we will be accelerating your feedback on our rates and trust that our management will look into this matter carefully. On behalf of our entire staff at Super 8 Fort Lauderdale Airport, we thank you for choosing to stay with us and we hope you give us a chance to serve you again and experience the improvements we have made for you and other guests. Thank you.
San Jose
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

When I made the reservation, the rate was $100+. I though the place would be more like a 3+ star hotel, but it wasn't the case when I arrived. The room I received was roomy with a small refrigerator and microwave, but the carpet and bathroom were filthy. The bathtub needed updating months ago, but I guess the owner wanted to save the money. I had a very early flight, so I didn't eat breakfast, but I can tell it was just a small breakfast bar in the lobby with typical breads and yogurt. The only good about this place is it's only a few minutes from the airport, which helps if you have a very early flight. I won't stay here again if the rate is north of $100.

Room Tip: If the rate is $100+, go somewhere else.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Management-10564, Manager at Super 8 Fort Lauderdale Airport, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
We are glad that you found our location to be convenient. It is our ultimate goal to give each guest the best value and most comfortable and convenient experience at the most affordable rate. For this reason, our rates are competitive within the area, and I sincerely apologize if you did not receive your money's worth in accommodations. It is disheartening to learn that you did not enjoy your stay and that the room was not properly and thoroughly cleaned as you have encountered filthy carpet as well as bathroom and maintained according to the high standards of our housekeeping and maintenance staff. We take your suggestions to heart and we use them to continuously improve upon our guest experience. I do thank you for bringing this matter to our attention and I assure you that we are correcting this issue for improved convenience in future visits.

Been to Super 8 Fort Lauderdale Airport? Share your experiences!