“Comfortable and clean” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 18 Hotels in Dania Beach
Caloundra, Australia
“Comfortable and clean”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Hotel was clean. Receptionist (Manager's wife) was very friendly however the manager was not friendly or helpful. I didn't know that the rates increased for Friday and Saturday nights. If I had known, I would have stayed at a cheaper place as I didn't think that this increased rate was value for money. The room air conditioner was noisy.

Room Tip: Check out the A/C noise.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Management-10564, Manager at Super 8 Fort Lauderdale Airport, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
We regret to discover that you weren't thoroughly impressed with us during your most recent stay. We hold our staff to a high standard of hospitality and we strive to give you the best service at the best value. Please know that we take your concerns seriously as we value you as our guest. You can be assured that our maintenance team will be implementing improvements with our air conditioning units. Also, we will be accelerating your feedback on our rates and trust that our management will look into this matter carefully. On behalf of our entire staff at Super 8 Fort Lauderdale Airport, we thank you for choosing to stay with us and we hope you give us a chance to serve you again and experience the improvements we have made for you and other guests. Thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
San Jose
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

When I made the reservation, the rate was $100+. I though the place would be more like a 3+ star hotel, but it wasn't the case when I arrived. The room I received was roomy with a small refrigerator and microwave, but the carpet and bathroom were filthy. The bathtub needed updating months ago, but I guess the owner wanted to save the money. I had a very early flight, so I didn't eat breakfast, but I can tell it was just a small breakfast bar in the lobby with typical breads and yogurt. The only good about this place is it's only a few minutes from the airport, which helps if you have a very early flight. I won't stay here again if the rate is north of $100.

Room Tip: If the rate is $100+, go somewhere else.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
We are glad that you found our location to be convenient. It is our ultimate goal to give each guest the best value and most comfortable and convenient experience at the most affordable rate. For this reason, our rates are competitive within the area, and I sincerely apologize if you did not receive your money's worth in accommodations. It is disheartening to learn that you did not enjoy your stay and that the room was not properly and thoroughly cleaned as you have encountered filthy carpet as well as bathroom and maintained according to the high standards of our housekeeping and maintenance staff. We take your suggestions to heart and we use them to continuously improve upon our guest experience. I do thank you for bringing this matter to our attention and I assure you that we are correcting this issue for improved convenience in future visits.
Milladore, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We actually stayed here October 31, the night before flying out of FLL and then November 8 & 9 when we came back. The staff was friendly and easy to work with. Our room was set up with a small couch that made it comfortable. Wifi was great! My husband wanted to catch a certain football game. Tv reception was good so he was able to. We would stay here again.

Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Management-10564, Manager at Super 8 Fort Lauderdale Airport, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and to acknowledge the efforts of our hardworking staff to be as friendly and helpful. It is so rewarding to hear that we were able to provide a comfortable experience. It is wonderful to hear of the great impression we made with our amenities and services. We look forward to seeing you again!
Reno, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2014

Property was showing signs of age & deterioration especially in the bath where the tub was rusted away in places. Cosmetically did not affect the functionality.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Management-10564, Manager at Super 8 Fort Lauderdale Airport, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
I regret to discover that you weren't thoroughly impressed with us during your most recent stay. We will address the maintenance task right away for the benefit of our future guests, which hopefully will include yourself.
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2014

Needed a place at night. After being told other places were full we desperately took their available room. Needs updating inside and out I've certainly seen better and gotten more sleep at others. Can honestly say I wouldn't do it again

• Stayed November 2014
Management-10564, Manager at Super 8 Fort Lauderdale Airport, responded to this review, November 14, 2014
I regret to discover that you weren't thoroughly impressed with us during your most recent stay. I hope you will change your mind about seeking out new accommodations in the area and that you'll give us another chance to change your perception of our hotel.
Mt. Pleasant, MI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed here the night before our cruise. Free airport shuttle was nice and very timely. Also got a free shuttle to the port the next morning which was unexpected as it was not advertised on their website. Property is getting a little old and could use some updates, but the room was very clean and the staff was very nice.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Management-10564, Manager at Super 8 Fort Lauderdale Airport, responded to this review, November 6, 2014
Thank you so much for your kind comments and review regarding our high standards of cleanliness and hospitality. It's rewarding to learn that we exceeded your expectations with the accommodations, hospitality and cleanliness of our guest rooms. Your comments and suggestions will help us to recognize our strengths and improve upon our weaknesses. Thank you for sharing this review.

Been to Super 8 Fort Lauderdale Airport? Share your experiences!