We stayed at this hotel before and after our cruise, and found the staff to be absolutely fantastic. Things can be pretty chaotic in the lobby on Sundays as there are lots of people returning from cruises as well as those waiting to leave, but we found the staff to be very friendly and willing to help navigate the process.
It's a free call from one of the courtesy phones at baggage claim at FLL to request the free shuttle. Our driver was very courteous. Check in was a breeze, and they pointed out the sign up for the shuttle to the cruise port the next morning. They also were helpful with recommendations for dinner delivery options, as well as stores within walking distance to pick up last minute supplies. Prices at their cafe are a little steep, but it is well staffed by friendly folks who make a mean egg white breakfast sandwich. We found this to be an excellent hotel with top notch staff who helped make our first cruise experience all the better.
Two location-based concerns about this hotel that I will point out:
1. There are not a lot of shopping/dining options within walking distance, so if you're not driving yourself your options are limited. The convenience store we walked two was about a 15 minute walk away, including navigating a very busy intersection of two four lane highways. There are literally no dining options within walking distance, save for the restaurant at the Bass Pro Shops.
2. If you're using a cab from the cruise port back to the hotel after your cruise (the shuttle doesn't provide cruise port to hotel service) be abundantly clear to the point of ridiculousness to your driver that you're going to the Courtyard in Dania Beach, not the one in Ft. Lauderdale. Apparently cab drivers in FLL aren't aware that there isn't just one Courtyard in the greater Ft. Lauderdale area. There is a transport service in the lobby on cruise days that you can sign up with for pickup upon returning from your cruise. If we cruise again, we'll definitely use that service instead of a cab.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port Hotel Dania Beach
- Courtyard By Marriott Fort Lauderdale Airport And Cruise Port
- Courtyard Dania Beach
- Courtyard Hotel Dania Beach
- Dania Courtyard
- Dania Marriott