“What a dream come true!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Garden Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport-Cruise Port

Save Saved
You added Hilton Garden Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport-Cruise Port to your Saves list
Hilton Garden Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport-Cruise Port
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   180 SW 18th Avenue, Dania Beach, Dania Beach, FL 33004   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book now and save 25%
Ranked #4 of 17 hotels in Dania Beach
Saint Cloud, United States
“What a dream come true!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

From the moment we arrived to the time we checked out, we were treated like royalty! We were give respect and consideration, and we were very comfortable with our stay in every way! We were close to the race for the next day...we were given free bottles of water at our arrival, and we were asked if we wanted breakfast, even after they had started putting the food away, just in case we were hungry! We loved our stay!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

475 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Temple Terrace, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

When booking a Hilton Garden Inn you know what you should get and this hotel did not let us down. The property and our individual room were clean and inviting. The staff was friendly and we liked the secured parking (although the lot did get very crowded on Saturday night and people left their cars next to every available curb). The hotel was very convenient to all areas of Dania. We were very happy that there was no airport noise, even though the airport is only minutes away.

Las Vegas, Nevada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

I was very undecided on what rating to give the property. The hotel and most staff was extremely welcoming, however, the manager and some staff were very unhelpful.

My family and I flew into FLL airport to go on a cruise out of Miami. I called the hotel on August 30th around 12:00pm PST and asked what their shuttle fee was to take us to the Port of Miami. The person I spoke to at the hotel advised me it was $18pp round trip. I immediately called my husband to share the information. He asked if I was sure of the price, as it sounded very reasonable. He advised me to call again and confirm. I called once more and the same female who I spoke with confirmed the price and the port. I called my husband again and told him to cancel the reservation we previously made with Easy Express for $100. We thought it would be less hassle to have the hotel pick us up in their shuttle and take us to the port. So I made reservations to stay 2 nights after our cruise, since we wanted to explore Florida. We didn't know what time we would arrive into Fort Lauderdale so I didn't make hotel reservations for our arrival. We arrived at the airport on Saturday 1am, the same day of the cruise departure, the hotel shuttle picks us up. We arrive at the hotel, unload our luggage, tip the driver and check in. We then proceed to make reservations for the port. To our surprise, the total was $150 round trip for 4. I show my notes to person at check in. He says there is nothing he can do since the manager is not available. We have to pay the $150. I immediately ask him to cancel our check in and take us back to the airport. By this time it was probably around 4am. We were dragging our 2 girls (10 and 11) back and forth at that time with all our luggage. We arrived back at the airport, wait until 6am and call our previous driver. Luckily they were able to transfer us round trip at the original quote of $100.
I left Terrance, the manager, a message regarding my problem. He never called back. I called him again during our cruise. I explained to him how the hotel had given us wrong information and what we had to go through with our kids. He said, "All my staff has been here over 90 days. Is there anything else I can help you?" I asked him what he meant. He proceeded to tell me that his staff wasn't new and they wouldn't make that mistake. I advised him sometimes they are busy and don't pay attention to the customer so they could have made that mistake. He asked me again if there was anything else he can help me with. I was so upset at his attitude and I did not want to ruin my vacation that I just said no and hung up.
I would like to credit the other staff. They were extremely nice upon arrival and departure. No complaints there but shame on the Terrance.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
HGIFLLFH, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport-Cruise Port, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Dear. mfloresu,

We're sorry to hear about the unfortunate experience you had. It's always our goal to provide accurate information to our guests and regret the misunderstanding. We are also very sorry if you felt in any way undervalued or disrespected when addressing your concerns. We will be in contact with you shortly to follow up.

Kind regards,

Daniel Lam
Liverpool, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

We had flown into Ft Laurderdale to go on a cruise with friends for their 20 year anniversary. we told the staff about the surprise and they helped us set it all up. They treated us like royality. On the staff alone I would stay here again. The hotel was in a great location and very nice.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

HGIFLLFH, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport-Cruise Port, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Adam P,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We strive hard to exceed our guest expectations and I'm pleased to hear that my staff did just that. We look forward to having you again!

Regards,

Daniel Lam/General Manager
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

We stayed at this hotel because of it's pre-cruise package that lets you park while you're on your cruise and shuttles you back and forth to the cruise port. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful, even giving us suggestions for area restaurants and offering a free shuttle to some loacations if we didn't want to drive. Great experience, and we would definitely stay again.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

outstanding services by Hilton Garden Inn going on Cruise minutes from port! Great place to take the family close to a mall and fast food if that is what you like or you can stay a eat at the hotel. Airport pick-up and drop off, able to set up transportation to and from cruise port if needed.

manama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

very pleaseant stay on buisness quiet just what i needed location a little walk from some major hotels but no problem excellant breakfast and good wi fi older hotel but very freindly staff and clean i would stay again at this hotel as i get my hh points also

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport-Cruise Port? Share your experiences!