“My wife and I really enjoyed our pre cruise stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Ft Lauderdale Airport Cruise Port!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Garden Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport-Cruise Port

Save Saved
You added Hilton Garden Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport-Cruise Port to your Saves list
Hilton Garden Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport-Cruise Port
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   180 SW 18th Avenue, Dania Beach, Dania Beach, FL 33004   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book now and save 25%
Ranked #4 of 17 hotels in Dania Beach
Jacksonville, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

This is a great pre and post cruise hotel!

The shuttle service to and from the cruise port were great.

The room was incredible. Very large with all the modern conveniences!

Very close to a Kmart so if you need last minute supplies for your cruise, this is the ticket!

I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

385 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

We stayed here on a pre-cruise visit. It is close to both the airport and Port Everglades. We did choose a taxi to the Port instead of the shuttle service that operates within the hotel because it was only a couple dollars more and it was a private ride directly to our ship instead of riding with a dozen other people and stopping at several ships along the way.

The hotel itself was pretty standard Hilton Garden Inn type stuff, which means it has nice clean rooms, a comfortable bed and a breakfast/dinner restaurant on property. The slight difference in the restaurant is that the hotel was completely full with pre-cruise guest, so we had to wait for a table, and service was unusually slow. Lastly while the hotel is in a great location for pre-cruise visits, there isn’t a lot of other attractions or restaurants in the area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Germantown, MD
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

We stayed here a 2nd time and find the location is convenient for flying in for a cruise and a 1 night stay. There are a couple of fast food restaurants next door and across the street. Both times we stayed we had to wait about 30 minutes for the complimentary airport shuttle to arrive at the airport. We could have easily grabbed a cab immediately, so that was a bit frustrating. When waiting for the shuttle you have to wait in a partially covered area outside that many buses come through and you inhale lots of exhaust. Upon arrival at the hotel, check in was quick/uneventful. But we went to our room and it reeked of cigarette smoke. We turned around and went back to the desk & asked for another room. The person who checked us in ignored me and another one came to my rescue and luckily found us another room. We were annoyed that they tried to give us a smoker's room to begin with. We were close to walking out to try a different hotel. Several Hyatts, a Comfort Inn, and a Hampton Inn are in close walking distance, so keep that in mind when shopping for the best price. We were able to purchase shuttle tickets to the cruise port from the hotel lobby. We also got tickets from the cruise port to the airport at the same time. So at least the hotel facilitates your ground transportation. The non-smoking room (which we booked in the first place) was clean and larger than expected. At one point we looked out our window which overlooked the pool, and saw a same sex teen couple making out on a lounge chair. I'm not sure if those exhibitionists were told to leave or whether they eventually left on their own. Our king bed sagged toward the middle and was uncomfortable. The best thing was the DirecTV - very large channel list unlike a typical hotel with 30 channels or so. But I heard a man ask a receptionist for a channel guide and she said there was none. What she should have told him is that the remote has a "Guide" button that brings up the channel listings - anyone familiar with cable/satellite/FIOS will know how to use it, but the receptionist certainly should know.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

We only stayed here because of an early morning flight, but it was fantastic. We were greated with kindness and patience even though it was very late. The same man (Tom?) checked us out at 4am with the same kindness. He was so eager to please!!! Thanks Hilton for another great stay! ~ This is why we're Gold Members.

• Stayed March 2013
Kissimmee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

This hotel like any Hilton family hotel is very nice. It was undergoing some renovations during my three week work stay, but wasn't TOO much of an issue. Normally I'd give the hotel 5 stars but i had several issues during my stay, which would normally not be a problem if I wasn't paying as much as I was... First of all I was bothered several times, by housekeeping (they needed to put a piece of paper in the book in my room, and I'm not sure why that couldn't be done during housekeeping) and then by a construction man who wanted to come in to make sure a photo on the wall was level. Second, several nights I was kept up by hammering in the hallway while they fixed things, this was happening around 10pm... I called the front desk, and they said they would deal with it but they never did, it continued for a few days. Third, several other nights there was a man standing in the hallway for hours talking on his phone, I could here it loudly as if there was no door between us at all. And finally, the thing that really really bothered me they most.... the restaurant. I ordered fish and chips. I paid $17. I got.... those VandeKamp triangle-ish shaped fish sticks you buy in the freezer at any grocery store. Really? I mean really?!?! If that's what you want to call fish and chips, fine, I guess it is technically but there is no need to charge so steeply for it... Other than those small issues, I had a nice stay. The hotel is beautiful and I would stay there again, I just won't eat at the restaurant. Oh! They adjustable beds that allow you change the firmness... after experiencing that I think ALL hotels should have them, what a great feature!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Hopkinton, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

I just returned from a stay at the Hilton Garden Inn, Dania Beach Fl. Last year at this time, I made a mistake and stayed at the Rodeway Inn and Suites which is nearby. What a diffetrence. The Hilton was clean and attractive. The surroundings were pleasant and the bed was comfortable. The staff was pleasant and seemed glad you were there. In contrast, the Rodeway Inn was a dump. The place was seedy, unkempt and the room had a musty smell. The bed was adequate but not the most comfortable I have slept on. The staff were not unpleasannt but were just there. The only suggestion I can make is do not Google for Ft Lauderdale but be sure to use Dania Beach or you will end up in a subdivision about two miles from your destination. The hotel is only about ten minutes from the Airport and they do not charge overnight parking for a rental car. Bob Furness.

Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel twice when going on cruises, and would love to visit again. The employees are friendly and attentive, as if they are welcoming you to their home. They seem genuinely happy to work there, and to help you with any need. The rooms are clean, comfortable, and bright. The grounds are truly gardens, beautiful in February, exquisitely lush in warmer months. The business center is complete, and the lobby restaurant and bar prepare tasty meals and snacks for breakfast and dinner, with a room service option. Complimentary coffee and waters are available in the lobby.There are shopping and dining options in walking distance, but the complimentary shuttle will take you where you want to go. They also provide complimentary airport transportation. If you are cruising, you can purchase transportation in the lobby to the cruise port, and from the port to the airport on your return at very reasonable rates. Our cruise returned early, but our flight home wasn't until late afternoon. We were brought back to the hotel where we enjoyed the hotel's public amenities and concierge service until time to check in for our flight! I would recommend this hotel with no reservation to anyone leave from the Ft. Lauderdale cruise port, as well as to anyone wanting to visit the area and stay in an off-beach location.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport-Cruise Port? Share your experiences!