“Attractive hotel in an attractive location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Garden Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport-Cruise Port

You added Hilton Garden Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport-Cruise Port to your Saves list
Hilton Garden Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport-Cruise Port
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   180 SW 18th Avenue, Dania Beach, Dania Beach, FL 33004   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save!
Ranked #6 of 19 Hotels in Dania Beach
Kissimmee
“Attractive hotel in an attractive location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

This hotel like any Hilton family hotel is very nice. It was undergoing some renovations during my three week work stay, but wasn't TOO much of an issue. Normally I'd give the hotel 5 stars but i had several issues during my stay, which would normally not be a problem if I wasn't paying as much as I was... First of all I was bothered several times, by housekeeping (they needed to put a piece of paper in the book in my room, and I'm not sure why that couldn't be done during housekeeping) and then by a construction man who wanted to come in to make sure a photo on the wall was level. Second, several nights I was kept up by hammering in the hallway while they fixed things, this was happening around 10pm... I called the front desk, and they said they would deal with it but they never did, it continued for a few days. Third, several other nights there was a man standing in the hallway for hours talking on his phone, I could here it loudly as if there was no door between us at all. And finally, the thing that really really bothered me they most.... the restaurant. I ordered fish and chips. I paid $17. I got.... those VandeKamp triangle-ish shaped fish sticks you buy in the freezer at any grocery store. Really? I mean really?!?! If that's what you want to call fish and chips, fine, I guess it is technically but there is no need to charge so steeply for it... Other than those small issues, I had a nice stay. The hotel is beautiful and I would stay there again, I just won't eat at the restaurant. Oh! They adjustable beds that allow you change the firmness... after experiencing that I think ALL hotels should have them, what a great feature!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Hopkinton, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

I just returned from a stay at the Hilton Garden Inn, Dania Beach Fl. Last year at this time, I made a mistake and stayed at the Rodeway Inn and Suites which is nearby. What a diffetrence. The Hilton was clean and attractive. The surroundings were pleasant and the bed was comfortable. The staff was pleasant and seemed glad you were there. In contrast, the Rodeway Inn was a dump. The place was seedy, unkempt and the room had a musty smell. The bed was adequate but not the most comfortable I have slept on. The staff were not unpleasannt but were just there. The only suggestion I can make is do not Google for Ft Lauderdale but be sure to use Dania Beach or you will end up in a subdivision about two miles from your destination. The hotel is only about ten minutes from the Airport and they do not charge overnight parking for a rental car. Bob Furness.

Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel twice when going on cruises, and would love to visit again. The employees are friendly and attentive, as if they are welcoming you to their home. They seem genuinely happy to work there, and to help you with any need. The rooms are clean, comfortable, and bright. The grounds are truly gardens, beautiful in February, exquisitely lush in warmer months. The business center is complete, and the lobby restaurant and bar prepare tasty meals and snacks for breakfast and dinner, with a room service option. Complimentary coffee and waters are available in the lobby.There are shopping and dining options in walking distance, but the complimentary shuttle will take you where you want to go. They also provide complimentary airport transportation. If you are cruising, you can purchase transportation in the lobby to the cruise port, and from the port to the airport on your return at very reasonable rates. Our cruise returned early, but our flight home wasn't until late afternoon. We were brought back to the hotel where we enjoyed the hotel's public amenities and concierge service until time to check in for our flight! I would recommend this hotel with no reservation to anyone leave from the Ft. Lauderdale cruise port, as well as to anyone wanting to visit the area and stay in an off-beach location.

Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

I have stayed here several times. Hotel was recently repainted and rooms refreshed. A very comfortable hotel in a busy Fort Lauderdale area.

I was welcomed as a return guest and for my Diamond Club loyalty. Breakfast was good, although I saw one morning the kitchen got backed up. I had plenty to choose from.

What I like best about HGI is the fact if you have been working all day you can get a drink and dinner off the lobby.

Great location for business or cruisers.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Edgewater, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

We only stayed one night but I would most certainly return. They had a nice bar in connected to lobby area. Very friendly bartender and they had late night food. Very nice room, comfy bed and linens. Would recommend!

Pittsburgh, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

The hotel was great. ...service was phenomenal....we had a problem getting a shuttle from the airport because we were told to stand in the wrong place....when we got there we explained to the desk clerk...we were immediately comped with free dessert for our troubles. We stayed here before going on a cruise. They have a very nice shuttle service...took us to restaurant for dinner.
T"he breakfast was wonderful....we ended up using our comp tickets for breakfast instead of dessert the night before.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Little Rock, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

We've stayed at Hilton Hotels since 2009, from Hawaii to New York City and everywhere in between. We have yet to have a bad room, for us Hilton is the only place to stay. The only thing
I don't like is the pillows! I like a firm pillow and the ones offered are just to soft. I also would like a bigger coffee pot and more coffee. It would also be nice if every room had an in room safe and refrig. Just a few small items that would make the stay even more enjoyable.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Dania Beach
HYATT house Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port
Cambria Suites Ft. Lauderdale, Airport South & Cruise Port
Hyatt Place Ft. Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport South
BEST WESTERN PLUS Fort Lauderdale Airport South Inn & Suites
Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port
Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airp...
#17 of 136 in Fort Lauderdale
4.5 of 5 stars 1,188 reviews

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport-Cruise Port? Share your experiences!