You added Hilton Garden Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport-Cruise Port to your Saves list
Hilton Garden Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport-Cruise Port
Ranked #4 of 18 Hotels in Dania Beach
Riverview, Florida
“Just Okay!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

There were 5 of us, with 2 rooms. The rooms were roomy and clean. The hotel itself was clean and well maintained. HOWEVER the food for breakfast was WAY overpriced. We have been to many hotels and many different chains and I can honestly say I have stayed in cheaper hotels with breakfast included for a better price. The price of the hotel was obviously due to location and proximaty to the port. If it were anywhere else it would be much cheaper. The breakfast was basic eggs, bacon, cereal and pastries all for a whopping $15.99 . . . have they lost their minds???!!! We will definitely be staying somewhere else upon our return. I would rather stay a little further and getting a better price for a hotel than stay here. To be honest it wasnt that close to the port to begin with. It was still a 5-10 minute drive.
Tips:
1)Go out for breakfast. . . theirs a IHOP down the street
2)Do some price comparison, I'm sure there are better choices out there for a lesser price

Room Tip: Do some price comparison, I'm sure there are better choices out there for a lesser price
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
HGIFLLFH, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport-Cruise Port, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Thank you for choosing to stay with us prior to your cruise. We appreciate your feedback and are pleased you enjoyed our rooms. However, we are taking your comments about the additional prices to members of our team. As a Hilton Garden Inn feature, the fresh, cooked-to-order breakfast is offered daily, including our signature waffles at $12.95 per person. We value your feedback and always look to offer a great guest experience while keeping costs in mind. We appreciate your comments and hope to see you again soon.

Guest Care Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Charlotte, NC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We stayed one night pre-cruise. Hotel was booked solid, so 30 minute wait for shuttle at FLL was not unexpected. On check-in the front desk clerk made a few strange comments (great card, AMEX doesn't offer this product anymore, things like that) about my Optima AMEX card. I didn't think anything about it until the card was compromised with European charges while we were in the Caribbean. It had never previously been out of my desk drawer and spent the cruise in the safe. So don't know what happened here...... Very strange coincidence.

6 of us had dinner (pizza, salad and drinks) in the hotel lobby. WAY overpriced!

When we asked about a taxi the next day to the cruise port we were told it was cheaper to take the shuttle transportation that was sold in the lobby. This proved to be a mistake. Huge hassle waiting outside for a bus that was 45 minutes late. One taxi ferried folks over to the cruise port 3 times while we waited - so I don't think the fare could have been very high. Live and learn....

Room was okay. Not the cleanest we have ever been in, but acceptable. Noisy air conditioner and room remained humid, which again is not unusual for Florida hotels. Pool area was very nice, but also where smokers hung out.

All in all, it was about what I expected. Next time I will probably stay elsewhere.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
HGIFLLFH, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport-Cruise Port, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
We are sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of services you deserve. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. We again apologize for the inconveniences that you endured while you were here. At your convenience, please provide us a number where we can call you to further discuss your stay from February 2012. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider staying with us again.

Daniel Lam
daniel.lam@hilton.com
Houston
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

I am a loyal Hilton traveler and travel often. However, I will never stay at this property again. I landed at the FLL airport at 6:45. Called the hotel and they assured me the shuttle was on the way. I called again at 7:10 to see where it was at...the woman who answered the phone was snarky and said "It is on the way". At 7:30, after waiting in the dark with mosquitos for 45 minutes, and starving because I'd been flying all afternoon, the man at the desk said the shuttle was nowhere near me. I told him I was going to hail a cab and they would reimburse me, which they did. However, I watched six other hotel shuttles arrive at the airport while I was waiting for the Garden's shuttle - and will be staying at one of those properties when I travel to the Fort Lauderdale area again. On top of it all, the lobby was under construction and I had to wait for my colleague to pick me up in the morning among all the smokers in the back. It was disgusting.

Room Tip: Don't stay here would be my first tip.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
HGIFLLFH, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport-Cruise Port, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
I am sorry about your experience with our shuttle driver and with the front desk staff. I can assure you that it is not standard to find someone at our hotel who isn’t helpful. We strive to ensure our front desk agents and other team members know how much we value your business. I apologize for all of the issues you had. We will work with our staff directly to ensure that our guests are receiving the level of service they deserve. Again, I apologize and if you’re in the area again we would love another opportunity to provide a great hotel stay.

Daniel Lam
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Very close to the airport and the parking is convenient. The shuttle only goes on the hour and half hour so you have to plan. The pool is very nice and the food was really pretty good even though the main restaurant was closed during our visit. The rooms were standard. Nothing special but no problems either. The value for the price is very good. I think we paid $89 before tax and parking. The staff was all very friendly. Overall, a good experience.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
HGIFLLFH, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport-Cruise Port, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us and thank you for choosing our hotel in Dania Beach, Florida. Our restaurant was recently renovated but has reopened and resumed standard hours. We understand that as a guest you have numerous options to where you can stay while you are away from home and truly value your relationship with us.

Danville, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

Overall we enjoyed our stay at this hotel. They were doing renovations and the elevators were horrible. The staff was very nice; check-in was very smooth. The breakfast was delicious. The dining room personnel went above and beyond to make sure you were taken care of. Close to the airport, but that was not a problem. Would stay here again.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your generous feedback as we strive to do our very best to continuously give our guests the best quality of service possible in our genre. I would like to apologize for the discomfort our renovations may have caused during your stay. We are happy to welcome you to our newly renovated hotel as our renovations are complete and we are confident that you will enjoy your next stay with us.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for a few days before cruising. Mainly, we chose it for location. They were remodeling while we were there, and the elevators were 80 degrees. Overall, the hotel is extremely average.

• Stayed July 2012
HGIFLLFH, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport-Cruise Port, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Please accept our apologies that your stay with us did not meet your expectations. Please know that we do value your feedback and will use it to improve on our service going forward. Our renovations are complete and we will address the elevator temperature issues with our engineering team. If your travels call for another cruise out of Fort Lauderdale we kindly ask you to give our property another try and let us show you how good Hilton Garden Inn Service can really be. Please again accept our apologies and we hope that you enjoyed your cruise.

Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012 via mobile

Due to my own mistake I arrived at the hotel at 1 am with a reservation for the following month. Tom immediately assisted in canceling the mistaken reservation and searched for options nearby at te price I'd booked as well as offering an upgraded room at this site. We stayed in a newly renovated room and found everything just right. Thanks Tom- we really appreciated not having to schlep around the city anymore to correct our mistake.

• Stayed July 2012
We’re happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were impressed with our hotel and service. We will be sure to pass along your positive comments about our commitment to service and commend Tom on assisting you during your stay. Thank you for taking time to share your feedback with us and look forward to seeing you again soon.

genevieve.kelley@hilton.com

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport-Cruise Port? Share your experiences!