“May have some issues here.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Garden Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport-Cruise Port

You added Hilton Garden Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport-Cruise Port to your Saves list
Hilton Garden Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport-Cruise Port
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   180 SW 18th Avenue, Dania Beach, Dania Beach, FL 33004   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book now and save 25%!
Ranked #6 of 19 Hotels in Dania Beach
Charlotte, NC
“May have some issues here.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We stayed one night pre-cruise. Hotel was booked solid, so 30 minute wait for shuttle at FLL was not unexpected. On check-in the front desk clerk made a few strange comments (great card, AMEX doesn't offer this product anymore, things like that) about my Optima AMEX card. I didn't think anything about it until the card was compromised with European charges while we were in the Caribbean. It had never previously been out of my desk drawer and spent the cruise in the safe. So don't know what happened here...... Very strange coincidence.

6 of us had dinner (pizza, salad and drinks) in the hotel lobby. WAY overpriced!

When we asked about a taxi the next day to the cruise port we were told it was cheaper to take the shuttle transportation that was sold in the lobby. This proved to be a mistake. Huge hassle waiting outside for a bus that was 45 minutes late. One taxi ferried folks over to the cruise port 3 times while we waited - so I don't think the fare could have been very high. Live and learn....

Room was okay. Not the cleanest we have ever been in, but acceptable. Noisy air conditioner and room remained humid, which again is not unusual for Florida hotels. Pool area was very nice, but also where smokers hung out.

All in all, it was about what I expected. Next time I will probably stay elsewhere.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
HGIFLLFH, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport-Cruise Port, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
We are sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of services you deserve. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. We again apologize for the inconveniences that you endured while you were here. At your convenience, please provide us a number where we can call you to further discuss your stay from February 2012. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider staying with us again.

Daniel Lam
daniel.lam@hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Houston
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

I am a loyal Hilton traveler and travel often. However, I will never stay at this property again. I landed at the FLL airport at 6:45. Called the hotel and they assured me the shuttle was on the way. I called again at 7:10 to see where it was at...the woman who answered the phone was snarky and said "It is on the way". At 7:30, after waiting in the dark with mosquitos for 45 minutes, and starving because I'd been flying all afternoon, the man at the desk said the shuttle was nowhere near me. I told him I was going to hail a cab and they would reimburse me, which they did. However, I watched six other hotel shuttles arrive at the airport while I was waiting for the Garden's shuttle - and will be staying at one of those properties when I travel to the Fort Lauderdale area again. On top of it all, the lobby was under construction and I had to wait for my colleague to pick me up in the morning among all the smokers in the back. It was disgusting.

Room Tip: Don't stay here would be my first tip.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
HGIFLLFH, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport-Cruise Port, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
I am sorry about your experience with our shuttle driver and with the front desk staff. I can assure you that it is not standard to find someone at our hotel who isn’t helpful. We strive to ensure our front desk agents and other team members know how much we value your business. I apologize for all of the issues you had. We will work with our staff directly to ensure that our guests are receiving the level of service they deserve. Again, I apologize and if you’re in the area again we would love another opportunity to provide a great hotel stay.

Daniel Lam
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Very close to the airport and the parking is convenient. The shuttle only goes on the hour and half hour so you have to plan. The pool is very nice and the food was really pretty good even though the main restaurant was closed during our visit. The rooms were standard. Nothing special but no problems either. The value for the price is very good. I think we paid $89 before tax and parking. The staff was all very friendly. Overall, a good experience.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
HGIFLLFH, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport-Cruise Port, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us and thank you for choosing our hotel in Dania Beach, Florida. Our restaurant was recently renovated but has reopened and resumed standard hours. We understand that as a guest you have numerous options to where you can stay while you are away from home and truly value your relationship with us.

Danville, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

Overall we enjoyed our stay at this hotel. They were doing renovations and the elevators were horrible. The staff was very nice; check-in was very smooth. The breakfast was delicious. The dining room personnel went above and beyond to make sure you were taken care of. Close to the airport, but that was not a problem. Would stay here again.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your generous feedback as we strive to do our very best to continuously give our guests the best quality of service possible in our genre. I would like to apologize for the discomfort our renovations may have caused during your stay. We are happy to welcome you to our newly renovated hotel as our renovations are complete and we are confident that you will enjoy your next stay with us.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for a few days before cruising. Mainly, we chose it for location. They were remodeling while we were there, and the elevators were 80 degrees. Overall, the hotel is extremely average.

• Stayed July 2012
HGIFLLFH, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport-Cruise Port, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Please accept our apologies that your stay with us did not meet your expectations. Please know that we do value your feedback and will use it to improve on our service going forward. Our renovations are complete and we will address the elevator temperature issues with our engineering team. If your travels call for another cruise out of Fort Lauderdale we kindly ask you to give our property another try and let us show you how good Hilton Garden Inn Service can really be. Please again accept our apologies and we hope that you enjoyed your cruise.

Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

Due to my own mistake I arrived at the hotel at 1 am with a reservation for the following month. Tom immediately assisted in canceling the mistaken reservation and searched for options nearby at te price I'd booked as well as offering an upgraded room at this site. We stayed in a newly renovated room and found everything just right. Thanks Tom- we really appreciated not having to schlep around the city anymore to correct our mistake.

• Stayed July 2012
We’re happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were impressed with our hotel and service. We will be sure to pass along your positive comments about our commitment to service and commend Tom on assisting you during your stay. Thank you for taking time to share your feedback with us and look forward to seeing you again soon.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

Good Hotel by the airport. They are currently doing renovations. I got one of the renovated rooms on the sixth floor. Not much changed from my stay a year ago. New carpet and paint from what I could tell. The flat mauve paint is cheap looking and not appealing. Always clean and a great staff. Rooms have a frig and and are very comfortable. Never any kids sports teams to wreck havoc. Relaxing with good pool. Compare rates and if you can get close to the Hyatt House next door, then go there. Rooms are nice with a kitchen. Breakfast is free along with beer each afternoon except weekends. Even though I am a Gold member with Hilton, breakfast cost me over $13 with tax. The hotel is within walking distance of some chain restaurants and a Kmart for getting supplies on the road. Recommended.

• Stayed July 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are happy to hear Hilton Garden Inn is one of your top choices when visiting our area. Our hotel and rooms are fully renovated now with additions to the room including new artwork, drapery, carpeting, wall treatments and much more. For future stays, our Hilton Garden Inn MyWay program does offer a selection of full breakfast or 750 bonus points for our Gold and Diamond members. We look forward to the possibility to welcoming you back in the future and hope you will continue to choose Hilton and Hilton Garden Inn for your future travels.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Dania Beach
HYATT house Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port
Hyatt Place Ft. Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port
Cambria Suites Ft. Lauderdale, Airport South & Cruise Port
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport South
BEST WESTERN PLUS Fort Lauderdale Airport South Inn & Suites
Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port
Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airp...
#18 of 136 in Fort Lauderdale
4.5 of 5 stars 1,166 reviews

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport-Cruise Port? Share your experiences!