“Perfect for a Pre. or Post Cruise Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #10 of 18 Hotels in Dania Beach
Canada
“Perfect for a Pre. or Post Cruise Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

We stayed at this hotel prior to our cruise in February 2013. Fortunately, we booked our stay before the hotel instituted a charge, (quite reasonably priced I think), for transfer to the cruise port. Next door is a Walgreen pharmacy, and in the strip mall across the street are three restaurants and a grocery store. Since we flew to South Florida and did not have a vehicle, having stores and restaurants close to the hotel is very important. The hotel is clean and modern, although the room we had might be considered a little on the smallish side. O.K. for a short stay, but I would want something larger for a lengthy vacation. Breakfast was basic, but adequate. The only negative to report was the "frosty" demeanor of the man at the front desk on arrival.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Las Vegas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

I selected this hotel based on positive Trip Advisor ratings, the lowest price by far for a hgh rated hotel in the area, and proximity to the beach.

The good: Spacious rooms, 5 minute drive to the beach, plenty of parking, adjacent to a drug store and strip mall across the road with grocery store and dine-in and take-out restaurants, easy 10 minute drive to FLL airport, nice breakfast that included the usual pre-cooked eggs and sausage patties and make-your-own waffles, nice area, shuttle service (did not use), quiet rooms.

The bad: Pay attention to the check-in sheet you sign, otherwise they will charge you $1.50 a day for a safe, yet there they post multiple warnings that they are not responsible if the safe if broken into. Make sure you challenge the charge at check-in if you don't plan to use the safe.

The ugly: When I got off the elevator the first time, the hallway smelled like skunk. The smell did not penetrate into my room. When I left a half hour later, I told the clerk. When I returned 2 hours later, the smell was reduced substantially and they had blowers (purifiers?) running in the hall. I then left for 6 hours and returned around midnight and they had removed the blowers and the smell was back to its original obnoxious strength. Again, the room did not smell so I went to bed. By morning, the smell was beginning to seep into the room. Talked to a different clerk and he acted like this had just happened, that there was not a smell problem yesterday. Second problem is that the bedspread had many large dark stains so I took it off and threw it into a corner on the floor. The rest of the bedding and room appeared to be clean. I mentioned the bad smell and dirty bedspread to the clerk at check-out. Said he was sorry but did not offer any compensation.

It's doubtful I'd stay there again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

We stayed here like many others because of a cruise. The shuttle service worked out very well, from airport to hotel and from hotel to cruise port. It was nice to be able to walk to the beach, restaurants and a shopping center. There was also a Walgreen's next door for any last minute needs.
The hotel was clean as were the rooms and the pool area. My only complaint was - the hotel was fully occupied. Therefore, the breakfast was slim pickings. It didn't seemed to be replenished much. However, knowing we would have plenty to eat on the cruise, this wasn't a big problem.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

We stayed here pre-cruise for one night. Both the airport shuttle (free & came in about 10 minutes) and the shuttle to the port ($5 per person - cheaper than a cab even with 4 people) worked out great. Breakfast was decent (included the usual plus some hot items & self-service waffle making) and the staff was helpful and accommodating. Our flight got us in around 10:30am and although we could check in immediately, we were told when the nearby restaurants opened so we could get breakfast/lunch and come back (we were able to check in before 12:30). It is about 1.5 miles to the beach, easily walk-able (which we enjoyed).

The beds were great (we all slept VERY well although it might have been from our overnight flights) & the rooms are spacious.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

Stayed their for 2 nights, Jan 29 and 30th 2013. Left before i got to shuttle, but after a call came back and picked me up. Not on the main drag, but close enough. Nothing fancy but does the job. I would stay there again. There are better, but be prepared to pay more. Good for pre- or post cruise

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Ann Arbor, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

I couldn't have been happier with my selection of a pre-cruise hotel! I was looking for a place with an airport shuttle, affordable, and with a restaurant nearby so that I'd have a place to eat after arriving very late. I got all that and more. I wasn't sure what the free hot breakfast would be like, but I was thoroughly impressed. I also wasn't sure whether I'd opt to pay for their shuttle to the cruise port (Port Everglades) in the morning, as I've stayed in pre-cruise hotels where the morning shuttle service to the port was crazy. But when I asked the front desk about getting a taxi to the port, the front desk guy was very accommodating in arranging for an extra shuttle to leave right when I was interested in going. So I got a ride to the port for just $5! For my needs, I thought the location, service, and amenities were just great.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

A nice well-kept and well-managed motel in a quiet and safe location. The staff was friendly and responsive. Our room was clean and spacious, and good value for the money. Our one night stay following a cruise was a pleasant experience.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to Sleep Inn Ft. Lauderdale International Airport? Share your experiences!