“Gone Downhill” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Dania Beach

You added Motel 6 Dania Beach to your Saves list
Motel 6 Dania Beach
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   825 E Dania Beach Boulevard, I-95 at Stirling Road, Exit #25, Dania Beach, FL 33004   |
Ranked #15 of 18 Hotels in Dania Beach
Altamonte Springs, Florida
“Gone Downhill”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

I have stayed here many times, both before and after I got married. This was the last time I will be staying here; it was always just a basic motel in a great location near FLL, but I was very concerned about safety last time we stayed. The room was just around the corner from the office and was quiet, but when we left early in the morning to catch a flight back home there was a car loitering in the parking lot, very close to the office. We did not see any bugs as described in the other reviews, but the safety issue will have me going somewhere else next time.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
NY
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

The front desk staff was very polite and accomodating( I checked in to a room with a HORRIBLE odor) They changed my room as soon as I returned to it after being out all day.(housekeeping was not able to remove the odor)
The area they are in did not feel very safe to me...I should have checked on Trip Advisor in advance for alternatives. When I came back the second night and saw a security guard (kind off) walking the front parking lot I barricaded myself inside the room that night and listened to the noise outside...loud , drunk voices... and checked out the next day! It is the first time I ever felt unsafe while traveling alone. Even the grocery store down the road had a "seedy" feel.
I love to save money and get a good deal; and Motel 6 is usually a good way to go, but maybe not on the east coast!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Reading, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2012

The place is quite basic. Front desk staff were friendly at checkin but thereafter indifferent. There seemed to be several businesses running outside at the premises. Outside our room was a dog grooming business that operated until late evening. Did not find the place threatening but nor was it comfortable. Cleanliness in room was mostly reasonable but carpet was very dirty.
Price was cheap but after staying there, you knew why.
Nearby was a nice Italian restaurant and a lovely diner - Grampas - where we had breakfast. If I was ever in the area again, there must be somewhere nicer.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Newport. Me 04953
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2012

The location was the best part of this motel. The front desk help was efficient, but curt. The bathroom was clean, but needed new toilet seat, and tub makeover. There were two different sightings of bugs that made my family uneasy.Seem to be a working mans motel.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Afton, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2012

Of course, after 5 stars at the Accor Sofitel at Heathrow the night before, it was going to be a bit different Accor experience.

Started off badly though when arrival at 2100 found police cars in front of the lobby with flashing lights and police with hands on their weapons. Inside reception, which is how I envision admission in a prison, were 5 bus drivers whose reservations were lost - incredibly the hotel was sold out.

Room 121 smelled dirty and mouldy and if you like a bed so soft that you almost touch the floor, this one's for you. I could hear the occupants walking in the room above.

Reception staff ranged from friendly to hostile.

The toilet always flushed, but flushed completely only after 5 tries.

Tiny bugs marched with impunity across the sink.

The atmosphere after dark - and sometimes in broad daylight - is threatening, so you probably will never forget to set the safety latch. If you don't have a car you don't want to walk.

WiFi was good.

Physically the place is totally worn out.

Room Tip: Find another hotel
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Bonn, Germany
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2012

Motel 6 is not what it used to be ! Carpet in the room was dirty, bathroom is old and the worst thing bed bugs ! The internet was ok but we would prefer to pay a bit more and have a better bed. Location was ok near Fort Lauderdale and the beach ! Next time we will stay somewhere else ... hope this helps.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Seriate, Italy
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2012

Well, i've been here three times in my life and i could say it loud: the worst motel 6 in universe.
I fight 3 times with reception staff.Very unhelpfull, very lazy. Once I've seen one of this guy litteraly yawn on a customer face.Another time they gave me a wrong night fee and never seen my money back, only 10 bucks , but hey, i've to work to earn 10 bucks.Sure i've never been able to talk with the manager, always busy.
Pool didn't work on my last stay for 5 days.
Room are standard motel 6 room,maybe a bit old,but the problem is once i havent seen the housekeeping for 3 days.Oh yeah, i find also a bug, but only one, i've asked him to move on room nearby.
Now the best part of the experience: strange people come over on this motel, prostitute, drunken milf and so on.I've met also a guy, comin from nearby hood, that offered me 5 dollars to smoke "don't know what" in my room.
On my first stay there was a nightguard rolling around,but maybe he find a better job.

Why i spent so many nights here?
If you are a student, or a guy that don't care too much about safety you could also find this place an human experience (like an hostel on ex USSR 10 yrs ago:)and sure, is cheap and I love dania beach.Hey, I'm still here loughing while i'm writing this review.

Room Tip: sleep in your car.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Motel 6 Dania Beach? Share your experiences!