“Hyatt Summerfield exceeded expectations - choose this hotel!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of HYATT house Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port

You added HYATT house Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port to your Saves list
HYATT house Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   90 SW 18th Avenue, Dania Beach, FL 33004 (Formerly Summerfield Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Port Everglades Shuttle
Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in Dania Beach
George Town, Grand Cayman
“Hyatt Summerfield exceeded expectations - choose this hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2010

While enroute from Ft. Lauderdale to Bimini, my boyfriend and I chose to stay at the Hyatt Summerfield resort after finding it on Priceline. To say we received great value for our money would be a vast understatement. From the moment we walked in, the service was outstanding, the agents were very helpful in suggesting local restaurants and amenities. The location was incredibly convenient for getting to the airport in the morning, the rooms were both stylish and very functional - complete with a kitchenette! I would highly recommend this hotel to anybody traveling through Ft. Lauderdale.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2010

If you have the need to stay in Fort Lauderdale area...this is an awesome hotel...I booked a 4 night stay here..Fast..friendly and efficient check in...and cheerfully honored my high floor room request...Room is spacious..with full size stainlees steel fridge/freezer...dishwasher..microwave..dishes..glasses silverware..and misc. kitchen things..Very nice if you are staying for an extended time...Nice couch area and desk..King bed was very comfy with great pillows...Room had nice 32 inch flat panel..that spins 180 degrees to face couch or bed...it is on a big built in with drawers and lots of shelf space for storage...
Bathroom is nice sized with a huge walk in shower..(love that..who takes baths in hotels??)..nice size sink..Your closet is accessed in bathroom...it has sliding glass mirror..and is bigger than most hotels..
My only issues with hotel were the TV remote was painfully slow!!..Seemed like 5 or 6 seconds to get next channel tuned in..not good for the men with the "lightening fast surf tendencies'...I could not live with that for a month.....Also..room doors can be very loud ..slamming shut ..Not good when it wakes you at 3 a.m...they need a better design so they do not slam easily..
Oh..breakfast which is included is excellent..especially the fresh grapefruit wedges which all the Hyatts Places seem to get..love them...Mon-Thurs they have a nice complimentary evening social as well...nice Mondavi wine and Yuengling beer..as well as fresh veggies..crackers some great dips and a varying hot item..nice dinner alternative..Pool is small but nice...and lots of chairs for sunning..BBQ grill by pool I assume guests can use..Gym was nice...had great new cardio equipment..towels..water and headphones for individual screen machines..
The Hyatt Place adjacent to this hotel provides a buffer to I-95....I believe there shuttle service is complimentary to airport..not sure about cruiseport..Book a FLL stay here..you will enjoy it..

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2010

Great place to stay for night before cruise! We were picked up at the airport and promptly taken to hotel! We utilized the transportation service that evening to take us to dinner, several great choices around hotel. Great rooms and beds, everything immaculate, which is important to me! One thing that would have made it perfect: offering a shuttle service to the Port for cruisers! They contract out with a third party group (which the driver was extremely rude but the hotel did not have anything to do with that) and the cost is $8 per person. That would be a great thing to add! But there other perks outweighed that! It was nice to walk down and have breakfast included but keep in mind, it is from a breakfast bar - in other words, don't expect a lot! I would definitely stay here again before a cruise. Did not book for the nightlife of Ft. Lauderdale but just a nice, clean place to stay before our ship sailed. It exceeded our needs for that...what a great suprise!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Madison AL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2010

This hotel was perfect for our large family on a stop over from a flight that would require an overnight stay. It's very close to the airport, offers a shuttle to and from the airport (which we called after we landed and scheduled to leave with the following day) and even dropped us off and picked us up at the Ft Lauderdale Ale house nearby.

We had a two bedroom suite with a pull out sofa. A king bed in one room, two queens in the other and the pullout sofa located in the main living area along with 2 bathroom and a kitchen. This place was clean, quiet, and very comfortable. The complimentary breakfast the next a.m. worked out wonderful as we had to be at the airport around 8:00a.m.

I didn't notice any slamming doors or rowdy pool goers. The elevator didn't make any vulgar comments so I didn't mind it talking(going up/going down was the extent of the vocabulary) and it didn't appear to slow. Since I don't have any beef with Hyatt hotels, I will have to say it was a wonderful experience and was a great price for our large family ($150). We will definitely stay there again on our next trip headed to the Bahamas.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Sevierville, TN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2010

I know the reviews on this property are wonderful but I have to take it down a few notches. Having recently stayed at Hawthorne Suites in West Palm Beach recently, it was a hard act to follow. I fell in love with that hotel...this one not so much.
The hotel here is attractive and the staff is super friendly. The cleanliness alone is fabulous, the breakfast was wonderful and evening reception was nice enough with beer and wine and a few food items, all complimentary. I saw the wine but they must have been out of beer. I'm not a drinker but it's nice if you may be. The pool was nice but we were unable to use it on our two night stay. There were just too many kids and sometimes adults that were a little too loud and boisterous. Some swimmers were pulling out life preservers and carrying on too much. We actually requested to go across the street to their Hyatt Place property as their pool was always quiet. (we could see both pools at ground level) That pool was calm and nice.
The business center with free computer use was nice but they really should post rules or monitor the area. Several times, I had to wait it out while unsupervised children were playing there on websites. If you have something to research, it can be frustrating. Front desk staff was nice but they are overworked. Hyatt should learn to stop cutting corners like that. One person cannot do everything.
"Suites" were not really suites. We were in a "1 bedroom suite.) At Hawthorne, they were seperated by doors with 2 bigger TVs, one in each room. (a plus when you have children/a child) This Hyatt 1 BR was not seperated and quite frankly, it was claustrophobic. There is no room to move around the beds or sofa, no way to get privacy away from anyone in your party. Closing the bathroom door can only be done with the doors they designed because if they opened out, they could never clear the bed near the door. The whole room was REALLY tight. The bathroom was awesome but I cannot understand why at 109 a night, there is NOT a bathtub. The shower is beautiful but I sure missed a tub. Toiletries were minimal so bring your own. Lobby snacks/food prices are scary high so shop before you arrive. There are stores nearby but not a grocery close. Bring it from home. The beds are super comfortable, linens are attractive and soft, housekeeping impeccable.
My issue here is the same one that plagues all Hyatt properties and will finally be enough to keep me away from them, no matter how much lower their rates. They ABSOLUTELY must do something about the locking mechanisms on their room doors. They SLAM, SLAM, SLAM and it's unavoidable. You HAVE to make alot of noise when it shuts behind you. That means that all day and night, those same LOUD slams interrupt your sleep or peace. If you are not so lucky, as we were, housekeeping will be operating in the room directly across from yours, as a homebase(433) . All morning and afternoon, it was one slam after another from staff. That was a complete deal breaker for me. The Hyatt properties are fabulous looking so I cannot understand how their designers listened to that and decided it would be a great addition to their business. It is awful! Sometimes you have neighors that like to open and shut alot, especially if they have little kids. It is terrible. This hotel also had the slowest elevators I have ever witnessed, bar none. No wonder they have chairs near them. You have a long wait. They also "talk" so, be prepared for that.
Oh, and with all hotels of the calibre, please try to remenber that women often make the choices on where we stay. We don't want so few TV channels to choose from and loaded with seemingly nothing but sports and news. If you only offer 25 or so channels, how about making them proportionate? About 1/5 or more are dedicated to sports alone. And often, when our children are having to stay in the room, they would like more than one channel for them. I have never been in ANY middle to higher end hotel that offered even ONE channel geared toward females. If you can have 5 versions of ESPN, surely you can give us an HGTV or Oxygen. I would settle for "E" or "VH1."
So, overall, I'd give this place a 7. The claustrophobic feeling and the doors slamming were too much for me to opt into Hyatt again. I would rather pay nearly the same price and go over to Hawthorne Suites. To me, that's the one that's too good to compare. This place isn't bad but it's not worthy of it's prior glowing reviews, either.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Tallahassee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2010

Awesome hotel!! Great breakfast- brand new hotel- rooms upgraded - best stay I had in years. Going back for fathers day weekend

• Stayed June 2010
salem, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2010

The suites are spacious and extremely clean. We stayed in the Trio suite with 2 bedrooms, 2 baths and full kitchen. There was one king bed and two queen beds. Plenty of room for 5 people. Also, had a pullout sofa bed if needed. Breakfast was offered and we were pleased. Other hotel areas, including outdoor pool and fitness center, were very nice and very clean. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family

Been to HYATT house Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port? Share your experiences!