“warm pool” 5 of 5 stars
Review of HYATT house Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port

Save Saved
You added HYATT house Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port to your Saves list
HYATT house Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   90 SW 18th Avenue, Dania Beach, FL 33004 (Formerly Summerfield Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Port Everglades Shuttle
Ranked #1 of 17 hotels in Dania Beach
Portland, Oregon
“warm pool”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

We really enjoyed the warm pool with towels provided outside. The room was nicely decorated and comfortable. We arrived a bit early and our room was ready to check-in. Breakfast was included. Staff was friendly and professional. The area was close to cruise, airport, rental car area, which was convenient. The down pillows were extremely comfortable, but probably not best for my allergies. I will ask for alternatives next time. Overall, nice stay.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Alan K, General Manager at HYATT house Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Dear AnonUS,

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to complete a Tripadvisor Guest survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We certainly appreciate the kind words regarding the hotel & our staff. We're glad you were able to enjoy the relaxing amenties like our outdoor pool.

Again, thank you for completing our survey and if I can be of assistance to you, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 954-922-0271.

396 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
alberta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

Three of us recently stayed in a 2-bedroom, 2-bathroom unit at the Hyatt House. I could not have been more pleased.

This was a pre-cruise stay and our flight was scheduled to arrive at FLL at 6:45 a.m. I called the hotel a couple of days prior to our arrival to see if they rented day rooms and they told me that they did not. However, they checked the date I was coming and said that it looked like they had plenty of rooms available. They suggested that when we arrive, if there was space, they would give us a room early.

By the time we arrived, got our rental car and got to the Hyatt House, it was about 8:00 a.m.. I really wasn't expecting a room to be available at that time but I hoped that one would be because we were really tired. As it turned out, there was no room available. We told them that we had been travelling all night and were exhausted and would appreciate anything they could do so that we could get an early a check-in as possible. The front desk took my phone number and promised to call me as soon as a room was available. I never received a call until after 3:00 p.m., by which time I was so exhausted I couldn't see straight.

I was really disappointed that the hotel didn't make more of an effort to accomodate us. Knowing our situation, it would have been nice if they had made an effort to have a room ready a little earlier for us. I haven't factored that into my rating, since I don't think it's fair to penalize the hotel for not delivering a service to which I'm not entitled. I'm just saying that it would have been nice if they had tried to go a bit above and beyond. However, when we arrived that morning, even though our room wasn't ready, they did tell us to please go and enjoy a nice complimentary breakfast. We weren't really entitled to breakfast that morning since we hadn't yet checked in, so I thought that was nice.

The room itself was absolutely spotless. I am very, very demanding with cleanliness of hotel rooms and this one did not disappoint. It looked brand new, as though no-one had ever stayed there yet. The beds were extremely comfortable, the bathrooms were spacious and clean, the kitchenette was great. The room could not have been better.

There is a complimentary breakfast included with stays at Hyatt House. It's not an enormous buffet, but is definitely adequate. There are hot foods, cereals and breads. We enjoyed our two breakfasts there. The food was hot and fresh both times.

The hotel is only a few minutes drive from both the airport and the cruise port. It can be a little tricky to find, as it's tucked behind other hotels - you can't see if from the street. It would be helpful if some signage were added on Stirling Rd.

I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Alan K, General Manager at HYATT house Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port, responded to this review, May 4, 2013
Hi Luvjasperdog,

We certainly appreciate the kind words regarding the hotel & our staff. I do apologize that we couldn't get your room ready earlier than when you checked in, however, we try very hard to accommodate ealry checki-ins whenever possible.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

Great way to top off the cruise. Wish we would have stayed here before the cruise as well. Plenty of things within walking distance. Staff nice. Rooms spacious and appreciated so we could repackage for the flight home. Shuttles were appreciated.

• Stayed March 2013
Hi Phatpkts,

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to complete a Tripadvisor Guest survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We really appreciate the kind words regarding the hotel & our staff. We hope to have you back as our guests in the future.

new jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this Hyatt because they gave us transportation to the Miami Seaport It was $75 one-way And they have a shuttle bus That will take you around to various places the beach and a plaza across the street Very convenient since we did not rent a car The room was nicely accommodating for a family of five. The manager Nick was very nice the continental breakfast was very good and had lots of choices I will definitely stay at this Hyatt again on my next trip.!

• Stayed April 2013
Alan K, General Manager at HYATT house Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port, responded to this review, April 25, 2013

Clearwater, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

We always stay at this hotel the day before a cruise out of Ft Lauderdale. Cruise port parking is a nightmare due to the number of ships that enter and leave on the weekends, so we stay at this hotel, leave the vehicle here, and take the available shuttle (for $7.00 pp one way) to the cruise port. You call when you get back at the end of the cruise and you are picked up to go back to the hotel. What a great service!! The suite hotel is like an apartment and has large showers instead of nasty bathtubs. Both the service and the free breakfast are great. Can't say enough about this hotel!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Alan K, General Manager at HYATT house Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port, responded to this review, April 21, 2013

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

I really don't know what more you can ask for in a hotel! My stay was for business and what a great place to post up for the week.

The studio suites are compact, but honestly just the right size. Rooms are clean, comfortable, and I was quite impressed with the kitchen and how they stock it with a fair amount of cookware and spotlessly clean dishes. Staff was friendly, beaches nearby, great restaurants and stores also nearby, and this hotel looks pretty new so everything is nice and updated.

That being said, my one complaint was with the internet. In the year 2013, I for the life of me can't understand how a hotel in Ft. Lauderdale can have such slow internet. Averaged about .5 MBPS which is a joke, if there was one thing the hotel could do to help business travelers would be to get this on par with today's bandwidth requirements, it's not 1998 anymore guys!

Overall this place feels like your little apartment for the week, and overall I would recommend to anyone looking for a great deal in the area.

Room Tip: If you get a Room on the 6th floor facing south you can see the Miami skyline which is kinda nice.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Alan K, General Manager at HYATT house Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port, responded to this review, April 20, 2013

tinton falls nj
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

We had left West Palm Beach the previous day and we needed a place close to the airport for an early morning flight the next day. There were five of us and they accommodated us with a two bedroom suite. It was very spacious and clean. we also had an opportunity to use the outside pool which was also clean and very warm. Clean towels were left there for guests to use. The next morning there was a buffet breakfast with hot and cold foods available even at 6 am on a monday morning.The only complaint that I had was that the air conditioner in the second bedroom shut off at 11pm. That made sleeping for the kids diffivult.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Alan K, General Manager at HYATT house Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port, responded to this review, April 18, 2013

Hyatt House Fort Lauderdale Airport

Been to HYATT house Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port? Share your experiences!