“Excellent-very nice per cruise stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of HYATT house Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port

You added HYATT house Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port to your Saves list
HYATT house Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   90 SW 18th Avenue, Dania Beach, FL 33004 (Formerly Summerfield Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Port Everglades Shuttle
Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in Dania Beach
chicago, IL
“Excellent-very nice per cruise stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights before a cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale.

The location of the hotel worked well as near the airport and cruise port- both within 15 minutes. For the day we went into Miami the freeway was close to the hotel and it was a short drive into Miaimi. A few restaurants and shopping areas where nearby as well. Fort Lauderdale main beach area was a short drive as well. The location worked well for our trip and short pre cruise stay.

Ou room was huge and included separate living/sleeping quarters and full kitchen and huge bath/shower area. Rooms were clean and all beds/furniture were comfortable. Great rooms. We did not use the pool or fitness area but they were present also.

We only had staff interaction with the front desk but they were friendly and fast so nothing more we could ask. The room came with free breakfast which was ok and nice to have but nothing outside of any other hotel breakfast.

Really the only issue we ever had was getting the security parking gate to accept the card they gave us. Always took more than 1 or several tries to get it to open.

I wouldn't suggest this hotel if you are looking for beach front views, but for anything else such as pre or post cruise stays, or just passing through for a few nights, I will easily return here.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Alan K, General Manager at HYATT house Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to complete a Tripadvisor Guest survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

Again, thank you for completing our survey and if I can be of assistance to you, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 954-922-0271.

Hyatt House Fort Lauderdale Airport

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Lerum, Sweden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

This is a nice hotel 10 minutes from Fort Lauderdale airport. Called the shuttle after we have gotten our bags and it arrived after about 20 minutes. Arrived around 10PM and it was very nice to go down to the reasonable priced Guest Market and pick up some snacks and some drinks (they have both beer and wine). Rooms in good condition but the sofa could you some cleaning. Really nice bathrooms with walk-in showers and fully equipped kitchen. Dishwasher makes a lot of noise so turn it on when you leave the room, refrigerator also a bit noisy but you can close the door to the bedrooms.

Nice breakfast with fresh fruit, yogurt, bagles, juice, coffee, scrambled eggs etc.

Evening social was OK, but a little limited.

Pool isn't that big but it was never crowded, sunshine from early morning until noon (late December) but nice and warm (one of the warmest pools).

Only real complain is that housekeeping was very late. We stayed at 5th floor and didn't get housekeeping until 4 or 5PM. We stayed for six nights and called at 4.30PM for housekeeping and were told that they were going to be there directly but it took another hour before they arrived. Being on European time this was very late...

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013 via mobile

I chose this hotel to stay at before a 5:30am flight due to location and low price. It's all suite, full kitchen, very modern, has a 360* swivel flat screen tv, and a full tile walk in shower. Very, very nice.

• Stayed January 2013

London UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

I wanted a large room with a king size bed for myself and my wife and separate beds for the kids and found it here

My wife even met a lady who had come with 8 kids for a sleepover which we thought was a great idea !!

Free breakfast saves me 50 plus dollars

Free parking and good wifi kept us happy

Pay 140 to 200 dollars and you will sleep happy.

I booked through hotels.com as they were cheaper than direct and the welcome rewards program gives me in effect a further 10percent off

Mario

• Stayed January 2013
Alan K, General Manager at HYATT house Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port, responded to this review, January 10, 2013

san francisco
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Stayed Oct for pre-cruise & Nov for post cruise. Hotel was pleasant....rooms were spacious & clean. Free pick up / drop off airport service was efficient. A small fee ( $8 ) to cruise port which was fine. All drivers were courteous & nice.
Breakfast was decent and 4pm happy hour was a plus. Great location....close to fast food & shopping.

My main complaint " front desk clerks ". For pre-cruise....I booked 6 rooms for a group of 14 ( 4 studios and 2 -2 bedrooms suites ). When check- in, the young lady insisted I booked 7, too tired to argue after long flight so my dad stayed by himself in studio suite instead staying with me. When check- out....8 rooms were charged. After 1/2 hr of arguing & showed her room keys & reservation papers, she finallly got the message. Since the whole bus was waiting for me to get on to the cruise, I had no chance to look at each bill. When I finally had time to check, she over-charged our stay by over $400.

Post cruise check in was a NIGHTMARE. Since some took off right after cruise, I reserved three 2 bedrooms suites only. Front desk staff by name of YOLANDA insisted I reserved SIX. I showed her all necessary papers for THREE only. Her only respond was " even you check in for 3 but you will be charged for 6 ". Then she said " check in or not " & repeated " even you check in 3 but you still have to pay 6 ". She was RUDE, COLD, HARSH and UNPLEASANT !!! She refused to see the reservation paper nor discuss options. She stood behind counter with no motion nor facial expression. I asked to see manager, she said he was gone for the day. I asked what if there was emergency. She said " call 911". My frustration and anxiety were beyond words could expressed. It was lots of money for 3 extra suites the way she insisted. Thje young man stood next to her looked on & the only thing he said was " our system showed 6 ".

I am a world traveler & stayed in lots of hotels. Yes...I have encountered some rough staffs but this lady beated all. She took the cake out of my stay. Did she ever get trained for her job!! Wonder if her parents taught her manner !! Isn't customer service part of her job??

Thanks to the hotel manager...he refunded the 3 un-reserved suites 2 hours after checking in.
Thanks to district manager ( met him on way out to airport ) for the refund of extra charge on pre-cruise stay. He was very nice & couldn't apologise enough on her behalf.

I promised to make her world known. I am sorry she mars the Hyatt Brand name.

Marina

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Canton, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

This was a very nice hotel. We were picked up at the airport in a timely fashion by the free shuttle. Arriving at the hotel we were given a warm welcome and a two bedroom suite. Very nice. Nice pool, great breakfast, walking distance to fast food and shopping. Staff was very attentive and they provide a free local shuttle. We opted not to pay for the shuttle to the cruise port because of all the cruise passengers in a hurry to get to the ship and the whole cattle car feeling. It has been our experience that a cab costs nearly the same (there were 3 of us and the shuttle would have been $24. but the cab was $22.) I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: The hotel is in a quiet location so any room should be good that would be away from an elevator or i...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Alan K, General Manager at HYATT house Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port, responded to this review, December 24, 2012

Durham, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

I chose a 2 bedroom suite for 3 adults and one child pre-cruise. The hotel was in great shape and customer service upon check-in was good. For some reason when I presented my AMEX to pay for the room, AMEX initiated a fraud alert that caused me some concern but in the end everything was OK. The suite had a kitchen and small dining area that we really did not use for just a one-night stay. My only complaint about this room was the floor in the kitchen was extremely slippery and we all almost fell multiple times regardless of our footware or bare feet. I reported this in an online survery I received. Other than that, we had no problem with our rooms and they were comfortable and quiet. The complimentary breakfast was excellent with many hot dishes and was probably the best free hotel buffet I have seen! The coffee was strong and good. There is a shopping center across the street within walking distance. We had a rental car so no comment on the hotel shuttle. I would stay here again if cruising from FLL!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Alan K, General Manager at HYATT house Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port, responded to this review, December 22, 2012

Been to HYATT house Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port? Share your experiences!