“Perfect hotel for what we needed!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cambria Suites Ft. Lauderdale, Airport South & Cruise Port

You added Cambria Suites Ft. Lauderdale, Airport South & Cruise Port to your Saves list
Cambria Suites Ft. Lauderdale, Airport South & Cruise Port
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   141 South West 19th Court, Dania Beach, FL 33004   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #4 of 18 Hotels in Dania Beach
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Perfect hotel for what we needed!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

We searched all over looking for a hotel that fit all of our needs for our pre-cruise stay. Our party of four included one person flying in that needed a shuttle from the airport. The rest were driving in and we needed to be able to park for a week while we were gone. We also needed a shuttle to the cruise port. Cambria Suites not only provided that, but went above and beyond our expectations.
I was the one who flew in to Florida and needed a shuttle from the airport. After collecting my luggage I called the hotel and they told me the shuttle would be there in twenty minutes. When the shuttle didn't arrive forty minutes later, I called them and they told me I could take a yellow cab and they would pay the fare when I arrived. The cab driver was horrible, but that's no fault of the hotel. They promptly paid him as promised. I had gotten in early and the room wasn't ready yet, but the lobby was large and comfortable. They offered to hold my luggage for me if I wanted to leave the hotel. I got lunch from the cooler (pricey but decent) and hung around since I was exhausted. The lobby has free wifi, a tv, computers as well as sofas and chairs. I plugged my phone in to charge and utilized the free wifi as I waited for my room. The kind woman at the front desk let me know as soon as my room was ready.

Let me tell you, I was so impressed with the room! Not only was it clean and stylish, but the bed was so comfortable! I was able to take a much needed nap before the rest of my party arrived. Parking the car for the week was easy and we felt the car would be safe.

The shuttle to the cruise port was great. The driver was very friendly and let us know that when we got back to call for
The shuttle and he'd come back to get them to pick up the car. He also said he would take me back with them and then I'd be able to use the shuttle to get to the airport closer to my flight time and again utilize the lobby while I waited.

Friendly staff. Great rooms. Nice features. We will absolutely be staying here again when we go on a cruise.

Yes, breakfast was $10 for the buffet, but it was good and convenient.

• Stayed July 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
Baltimore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

Top notch, free, well organized shuttle to the cruise ships. Very, very nice and helpful front desk staff. Good location for the airport and cruise port but a bit far from Ft Lauderdale beach. The little informal bistro in the hotel had surprisingly great food. Overall a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed July 2014
Laurel Fork, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

We have stayed at the Cambria Suites 3 times as we cruise a lot out of Ft. Lauderdale. Nice, clean hotel. Everyone is friendly. Has a small restaurant, coffee bar, beverage bar, pool and lots of parking-both short term and long term for those who cruise.

Stayed January 2014
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights when we came over to visit the Hard Rock and were very pleasantly surprised. Nice property, upscale and modern decor in our suite, pool and hot tub were nice and clean and the rates were just right for our budget. The only thing I wasn't crazy about was them wanting $10 for a "breakfast bar" that was little more than a continental breakfast you would find for free and any lower end motels. We went out to breakfast instead. I mean if you're gonna pay the money you should at least get more than toast, fruit and cold eggs... The hotel itself is tucked away off the main road and was a little hard to find when we first arrived. But we will definitely stay here again next time we visit.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
upstate NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

Apparently this hotel is big with the cruise ship crowd. Less than 10 minutes from the Fort Lauderdale international airport, it is handy for layover that I had here. Free Shuttle, and handy to the highway. I didn't know that I would get this on Priceline and was refreshingly surprised to find that it was ranked number three of the hotels in the area on trip advisor. A deserving rank. I arrived at 1 PM and desk clerk/sales manager was very accommodating. He found me a room that was available and accommodated my request for something higher up and facing the pool and not the highway. The lobby area it means well appointed and very pleasant. There are two computers available with the printer for boarding passes. There is a restaurant and also bar with drinks; I saw people enjoying these but I did not partake. Although when I came into the hotel around 8 PM there was a heavy smell of hamburger grease.

My room was clean, quiet, and well appointed (very comfortable bed with an assortment of pillows of different softness and hardness like, large screen TV for the sleeping area and large screen TV for the living suite area, very nice work area with lots of outlets, decent coffee in the room and other nice amenities, nice large shower) Air-conditioner The room very cool, actually too cool and I had difficulty with control so I just unplugged for the night and everything was fine. The pool and hot tub area looked nice from my room, although I did not partake, I saw a guy enjoying the area smoking a cigarette drinking his coffee out there both at dusk and dawn.

My one suggestion would be that would be nice if there were outlets easily accessible at the bedside; a lot of hotels have lamps that have electrical outlets in them. This one didn't. I would definitely stay here again recommended.

Stayed July 2014
Nassau, New Providence Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

I recently stayed at this lovely hotel during the 4th of July weekend and was truly impressed. The front desk employees were very accommodating. Prior to arriving I spoke with Raphael and he was very courteous. Upon check out I was greeted by a lovely young lady (I cannot remember her name) but, I must say she was extremely pleasant.

The room was immaculate and very spacious. The cleanliness of a room is also a great concern I have when traveling. The room assigned exceeded my expectations. I did not dine at the hotel so unfortunately, I don't have any feedback in that regard. I am truly looking forward to returning and telling others of my stay at Cambria.

Regards,

The Lightbournes

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

We had a cruise out of Port of Miami, but we like Ft. Lauderdale airport so we stayed at Cambria Suites before and after our cruise. This hotel had a free shuttle to and from the airport. The shuttle was prompt and the drivers polite. The shuttle will also take you to the Ft. Lauderdale port, but we took SAS transport to the Port of Miami, only $15 per person, great ride. The hotel has a good restaurant, latte station, and bar-- all were reasonably priced. The staff was wonderful and the beds very comfortable. I look forward to staying here on our next cruise.

• Stayed June 2014

Been to Cambria Suites Ft. Lauderdale, Airport South & Cruise Port? Share your experiences!