“Return Visit and This is Definitely the Best Hotel in South Florida!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cambria Suites Ft. Lauderdale, Airport South & Cruise Port

You added Cambria Suites Ft. Lauderdale, Airport South & Cruise Port to your Saves list
Cambria Suites Ft. Lauderdale, Airport South & Cruise Port
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   141 South West 19th Court, Dania Beach, FL 33004   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #4 of 18 Hotels in Dania Beach
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Beaverton, Oregon
“Return Visit and This is Definitely the Best Hotel in South Florida!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2011

I reviewed this property in Feb. 2010 not longer after it opened and gave a detailed review (see that post if you want a lot of great details about this Cambria) and returned on a business trip that took me to appointments from Miami to Boca Raton. Based on my last stay, I chose to base myself here and was not disappointed.

This Cambria is absolutely outstanding in every way and epitomizes to me everything a small mid-range all-suite hotel should be. The staff is so professional, friendly and polite across the board. And you just cannot beat the price for everything you get - it's really a hidden secret I think, considering how much (and overpriced) most hotels are in the Miami-Ft Laud area.

If only they had a sign - of any kind - as you exit off I-95 at Stirling Road. It's so easy to drive right by the small, hard-to-see driveway and then end up having to do two u-turns across the busy road. They have a small sign with the address - but not any logo or anything that is named Cambria. Be very watchful for this or you'll easily miss it.

Other than that the place is wonderful and even secluded, a hidden gem that I think is the best hotel in south Florida and will always get my business!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
theresagio, Manager at Cambria Suites Ft. Lauderdale, Airport South & Cruise Port, responded to this review, May 19, 2011
Dear Valued Guest,
I cannot thank you enough for taking the time to post another glowing review of the Cambria Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport and Cruise Port hotel.
We are delighted to hear that our fabulous hotel is well suited to your business travel needs.
I appreciate your kind words regarding our friendly staff as it is our goal to provide excellent service so it is rewarding to see their efforts recognized in your review.
Regarding the lack of signage/lighting at our entrance, this has been an ongoing issue with the town, not a reflection on behalf of the hotel.
We have communicated to the town on numerous occasions (regarding our guests concerns) and we will continue to do so until we reach a solution.
I am so pleased that we continue to exceed your expectations and I look forward to meeting you the next time you travel to the Fort Lauderdale area.

954-889-2600

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
Grove City, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2011

We stayed at the Cambria Suites before our cruise in February. The complimentary shuttle picked us up at the airport within a few minutes of our call. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful. Our room was spotless, spacious and modern. We signed up for the complimenatry shuttle to take us to the cruise port the next morning. We enjoyed the pool & hot tub. The area was very clean. The bar staff was friendly as well. The shuttle was on time and got us to the cruise port at the time we requested. We will definetly be staying here the next time we are in Fort Lauderdale.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your review of the Cambria Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport and Cruise Port Hotel.
We are so glad that you stayed with us prior to your cruise vacation in February.
Thank you for your kind words regarding our wonderful accommodations, prompt shuttle service, and friendly staff.
We love to hear that our fabulous accommodations were well suited to your travel needs.
Our goal is to provide excellent service to all guests so it was nice to see that we exceeded your expectations during your stay.
Again, thank you for taking the time to post your review and we look forward to your next stay with us when your travel needs bring you back to the area.

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2011

I just wanted to write to tell u that i had a very pleasant experience while staying at your hotel.My room was clean and I felt very comfortable in it. The people at the front desk were very helpful as well as friendly. They were familiar with the area and was able to provide information and directions.The location was perfect for my business and i will definately stay at the Cammbria Suites again.
I ate at your resturant for some meals and I was suprised at how good the food was as well as found the service to be excellent.
Overall, I would certainly recommend this hotel to my friends and business partners. My business was sucessful as well as I had some time for recreation.
Thank you and I will definately see you next time I come to Florida.

Room Tip: the beds were comfy and i slept well
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,
On behalf of the Cambria Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport and Cruise Port Hotel, I would like say thank you for taking the time to post your review.
We love to hear that our fabulous hotel was very well suited to your travel needs.
I appreciate your kind words regarding the cleanliness of our accommodations as it is great to see the hard work of our Housekeeping staff recognized so nicely in your review.
Thank you again for taking the time to share your review and I look forward to meeting you during your next visit to the area.

Ukiah, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2011

We booked this for one night pre-cruise. The airport van service pick-up was terrific, after calling from the baggage claim telephone directory. The room was very nicely appointed and the bed was soooo comfortable. We signed up, at check-in, for our morning van service to the cruise terminal. I was impressed with how organized and accomodating the staff was for the cruise passengers. There were luggage carts available, ample desk personel (all with smiles) and a representative that helped with tagging your luggage with your cruise ship tags, prior to loading the van for the terminal. This was a great value and we'll definitely stay here on any future trips out of FLL.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
theresagio, Manager at Cambria Suites Ft. Lauderdale, Airport South & Cruise Port, responded to this review, May 10, 2011
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review of the Cambria Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport and Cruise Port hotel.
I very much appreciate your comments regarding our wonderful hotel and our friendly staff.
Our goal is to provide excellent service to all guests so it was nice to see that we exceeded your expectations during your recent pre-cruise stay at our hotel.
Again, thank you for taking the time to post your review and we look forward to your next getaway with us when your travel back to the Fort Lauderdale area.

Orlando, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2011

This is the first time we have stayed at Cambria Suites and it definitely will not be our last! This is a great hotel for families with small children. My husband and I like to stay up a little later than the children and it was so nice have a nice spacious bedroom to sleep in. We absoultely loved our room and the bathroom was so large and spacious. Bath and Body works products was a nice little perk too! :O) The pool was wonderful to swim in as well. The only thing I wish is that they would accept pets, but besides that we will definitely be staying here again!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,
Wow! What a wonderful review of our hotel! Thank you so much for staying with us at the Cambria Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport and Cruise Port hotel.
We are delighted that you and your family enjoyed your recent stay and we love to hear that our fabulous accommodations were well suited to your travel needs.
Again, I appreciate you taking the time to post your review and we look forward to your next stay with us again soon!

Sun Valley, ID
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2011

We stayed here for one night in between flights, and found it to be great. It was very clean, modern, and the rooms are very large. In our room there was a small living room area with a couch, chair, desk, refrigerator, and TV. There was a small seperation and on the side was a king bed and TV. The bathroom was large as well-but there was no shower door, which was kind of funky. I think it was a design thing, not an over sight.
The hotel was BUSY. The lobby is filled with couches, chairs and TV's. There was a little bar to buy sandwiches and drinks.
We booked this hotel in part to take advantage of the free shuttle to and from the airport. We didn't wait for more than 5 minutes at the airport before the shuttle came.
The two negatives about the hotel were 1) the location. It's pretty much in the middle of nowhwere, although there was a small shopping area to walk to. And a Cuban restaurant (which was good) within walking distance, and 2) The shuttle back to the airport. They don't tell you that you have to sign up for the shuttle back when you check in, otherwise you aren't going to get the time you need. So remember to sign up for your shuttle back to the airport when you first check in!

Dear Valued Guest,
I appreciate your kind words regarding our prompt shuttle service and fabulous accommodations.
Our apologies that we did not inform you about reserving your seats for the following day on our airport shuttle.
This was an oversight on our part and we deeply apologize for any inconvenience.
Thank you again for this review and look forward to your next stay with us whenever you travel to Fort Lauderdale.

Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2011

I recently stayed at this hotel for one night before a cruise and it was a wonderful experience. The hotel is immaculate. My room was very clean and nicely furnished. I loved the modern walk-in shower and the bed was extremely comfortable! The fitness room was very clean and all of the equipment worked well. All of the employees were very helpful and friendly. The hotel's pre-cruise package is great! The shuttle took my wife and I to the port at our scheduled time and then picked us up after our cruise so that we could pick up our car. I would definitely return to this hotel in the future!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
theresagio, Manager at Cambria Suites Ft. Lauderdale, Airport South & Cruise Port, responded to this review, April 25, 2011
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review of the Cambria Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport South & Cruise Port hotel.
We are delighted that you thoroughly enjoyed your recent pre-cruise stay with us.
I very much appreciate your kind words regarding our wonderful hotel and our friendly staff.
Again, thank you for taking the time to post your review and we look forward to your next stay with us when your travel needs bring you back to Fort Lauderdale.

Cambria Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport South & Cruise Port

Been to Cambria Suites Ft. Lauderdale, Airport South & Cruise Port? Share your experiences!