“Good place to stay...” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Place Ft. Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port

Save Saved
You added Hyatt Place Ft. Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port to your Saves list
Hyatt Place Ft. Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   91 Southwest 18th Avenue, Dania Beach, FL 33004 (Formerly Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale Airport South)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Port Everglades Transport
Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Dania Beach
Providenciales
“Good place to stay...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

Stayed here for 5 nights, and did not have any major problems or disappointments. It is conveniently located close to the airport and cruise port. It is also within walking distance of a couple fast food joints. Room was refreshed on a daily basis, pool and gym is quite nice, breakfast is average, staff is helpful. All in all a good stay.

Room Tip: Room on the east side away from highway is ideal.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Bethlehem, New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

We have stayed at other Hyatt Place properties and this one wasn't quite as nice.

Very convenient to airport. The neighborhood setting isn't the best, however, it was clean & quiet. The staff wasn't as outstanding as some...but, they got the job done.

Hyatt Place makes sure you have a good breakfast--but I think we were comparing this one to others and it wasn't as exceptional.

All & all, not bad--just not worthy of "rave" reviews.

• Stayed October 2013
Shanghai, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights. The first impression of great staff started from the check in. I was always greeted warmly every time I come back from outside. The room is very clean and very spacious for superior room. The hotel amenities is Hyatt standard. The hotel breakfast selection may limited but the food quality is very good. Everytime I sit in a lobby, the staff always proactively came and asked me whether I am waiting for the shuttle bus to airport. (the shuttle bus departs every hour from morning to evening)
Ps:
1. Burger King just 3 minutes walk from this hotel
2. You can get newspaper and fruit (banana, apple) for free in the check in desk
I will recommend this hotel to everyone and definitely will come back again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
blacksburg va
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

We just returned for what was our 2nd stay here.
once again everything was great.
I will add the only con at the end but overall the staff are very friendly,the rooms very very clean, the hot breakfast is very good.
location. close to shopping, the highway and has easy access in and out.
pretty good amount of parking also.
We arrived very late (1am) and our only glitch was the on duty mgr was wearing a few hats and was busy helping a customer with some food from the kitchen I believe,so we did have to wait a few to check in. But I can understand considering th elate hour we arrived.

they offer shuttle service to the airport starting at 5am( well atleast on Monday that was the 1st one out) I would suggest you check with the front desk and tell them how many in your party so they can make sure there is room for you on the shuttle.
our 5am van was full and just prior to leaving a family with tons of luggage showed up but there was no chance they could get on with us. but I know they called for another shuttle for this family.

If I can see 1 con to staying here it would only be in regards to the bathroom........ It is very very small, with the sink outside the toilet/shower area. I am not sure if some rooms offer a bigger bathroom but being our 2nd stay I found the same set up on both trips.
I am not the kind of guy who thinks a small bathroom matters,but just offering this as a tip if you happen to find this important.

We were there to attend my sons wedding, and with our other son staying with us,when it came time to get ready it did make it hard for my wife to find some privacy while getting ready.
Like I said its a minor detail but if a reader just happens to be staying there for an event where extra room to get dressed ect ect you may want to check if any rooms have abigger bathroom.

We haven't stayed at any other hotels in this area but based on 2 stays I have to say I agree with why its rated so high.

Room Tip: only 2 elevators,and can sometimes be a short wait,so if you smoke and go outside often ask for a 1...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Sheffield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

This was a 1 night pre-cruise stay at the Hyatt Place and the hotel is directly opposite Hyatt House.

I was greeted very warmly at check-in and was offered the choice of floors and location of the room. We elected to go for a high floor and was assigned to a room on the 6th floor. The hotel offers complimentary wifi but I'm not too sure if it was due to the high floor location that the wifi coverage in the room was sketchy and you actually lose wifi signal in the bathroom.

There is a big bed, 42 inch TV, refrigerator, coffee maker, desk, office chair, sofa, iron, ironing board and air conditioning. Note that the wash basin is located outside the bathroom but complimentary toiletries are available. There is no in-room safe available.

The only issue I had with the room was the very noisy air-conditioning unit.

There is a small swimming pool, fitness centre and self laundry available at the hotel and ample free parking on site.

Complimentary hot breakfast buffet is available and the restaurant is located in the lobby with limited seating.

Complimentary shuttle to the airport is provided and there is also a complimentary shuttle to Hard Rock Casino in the evening.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Spartanburg, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

Upon entering the Hyatt Place my first impression was wow this place is really nice and clean. Check in was very quick and smooth and our king suite was even ready early. Stephanie R. greeted me with such a warm welcome and all the answers to my questions about parking the bus in the parking lot. She was very informative about the shuttle service to the airport and back so my husband could pick up our car rental for the week and just giving me all kind of information about the area where we were and the things that are available for us at the Hyatt. Kudos to all of the front desk multi hat wearers you do your jobs very well and are all very pleasant. Kim N., Stephanie D., and Nick S. and the first floor HK staff thank you so much for making George and I feel very welcome the entire week of our stay, phone calls everyday asking us do we need anything from HK before they leave for the day, to letting us know when the big chocolate cookies were nice and warm at the front desk. You guys were all awesome. thanks for making our stay so nice and comfy. The nice hot breakfast was great everyday especially the French toast. It was nice to stay in an hotel where it was clean, safe, comfy, good food, great location and a pleasant helpful staff. We will be back again on our next trip to Miami.

Room Tip: The King rooms are like a mini suite.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
HyattDaniaBeach, Manager at Hyatt Place Ft. Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Hi Smoochez,

We are so happy that your experience at our property was fantastic. The whole team always goes the extra mile to try to please each and every guest and it truly makes a difference. We greatly appreciate you taking time to acknowledge our team and look forward to welcoming you back for your next trip to South Florida.

Sincerely

Your Hyatt Place Team
Alajuela, Costa Rica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

Great hotel! The fist that receive you is a delicious smell, such as aromatherapy. Kind staff, new building, very clean, nice, and comfortable room. Delicious bed :-), beautiful bathroom, Big TV with excellent cable channels, good amenities, perfect A/C, very quiet room. Good and free wifi, big, secure and free parking lot. Yummy food service 24/7 and nice bar at reasonable prices.
If i have to criticize something, the only thing that i have to say is, the breakfast is delicious and hot, but is always the same.
This is an excellent hotel, highly recommended, with good location!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Hi Gingerardo,

Thank you for the kind words and taking time to share your feedback on your recent stay with us at the Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port. Hyatt Place and the team are here to serve the guests offering the great amenities you listed along with superb service. We thank you for the recommendation to the TripAdvisor Community and look forward to welcoming you back for your next trip.

Your Hyatt Place Team

Been to Hyatt Place Ft. Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port? Share your experiences!