Let's start with the weird: we arrived at the airport and called the hotel, twice, to send a shuttle to pick us up. we had to wait 45 minutes--that's right, 45 minutes! And then another Hyatt Place shuttle pulled up besides ours.
Airport traffic was excessive, and with stopping at other terminals, the two-mile trip took a half hour. (No one gave the shuttle bus driver a tip except us. In our opinion, hotel management and the traffic were the culprits, not the driver.)
The reception area of the hotel is tiny, shared by a Bakery Cafe and a bar. We checked in efficiently and put our luggage in our room. We went down for a late, light dinner, around 10 PM. The hotel has a 24-hour cafe. We're vegans and the menu had little to offer. We ordered a spinach salad and a mushroom burger for us to share. After waiting a very long time, our dinner was served. Unfortunately we did not read the menu carefully--the burger contained meat. We told hotel staff, and they served us a hummus plate instead.
We returned to our room, a wonderfully configured room. The configuration makes the room feel like it is several rooms: a bathroom, living room with a large flat-screen TV, a bedroom with a very comfortable king-size bed.
The complimentary hot breakfast has options for everyone. We enjoyed it.
The hotel's fitness center has all Life Fitness equipment (which we like): Two treadmills, one elliptical, one bike, and free-standing weights. We used all of the cardio equipment.
The hotel has a a pool and complimentary WI-FI, with a strong signal.
The Hyatt Place encourages people to stay at their hotel before a cruise by providing free transportation to the port, a few miles away. For only a tip, you and your luggage are transported directly to your cruise ship, a wonderful and efficient service, taking about 15 minutes.
The wonderful outweighed the weird so we recommend the Hyatt Place.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale Airport South Hotel
- Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale Airport South Hotel Dania Beach
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale Airport-South is located south of the Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood International Airport, Port Everglades Cruise Port and the Broward County Convention Center, each just an I-95 exit away. The hotel features spacious guestrooms with Hyatt Grand Bed™ and 42" flat panel HDTV. Additional amenities include complimentary Wi-Fi throughout hotel, complimentary breakfast buffet, indoor pool, fitness center, 24/7 Guest Kitchen serves snacks/entrees, Intimate Bakery Café, business center, complimentary parking and complimentary airport shuttle. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Amex, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Olotels, Cheap Tickets, EasyToBook, Hotels.com, Venere, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Hyatt Place Ft. Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.