“Nice place while away for business meetings” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Place Ft. Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port

You added Hyatt Place Ft. Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port to your Saves list
Hyatt Place Ft. Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   91 Southwest 18th Avenue, Dania Beach, FL 33004 (Formerly Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale Airport South)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Port Everglades Transport
Ranked #2 of 18 Hotels in Dania Beach
Orlando, Florida
“Nice place while away for business meetings”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

Stayed at the Hyatt Place in Dania Beach (2nd Hyatt Place I've stayed at) for a week while in South Florida for a weeklong business meeting with a client. This place felt like home for the week...nice friendly staff and they throw in breakfast too (which was decent!).

Convenient location just off of I-95 between Ft. Lauderdale and Miami.

There were times when the lobby was very crowded and it made traversing the area hard, but overall it was a nice place that I would stay at again!

Room Tip: Ask to stay on the side away from I-95!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

Stayed the evening of 1-6/7-2013, prior to our carribean cruise, booked three rooms for the family, (ten of us traveling together). Hotel was clean and more than adequate. Staff were busy arranging transportation to and from the Ft. Lauderdale Airport and the cruise port in Port Everglades mid-AM, but they tried to be helpful. At other periods they were very helpful, regarding shopping and dinning nearby. Hotel provided a nice breakfast. I would stay here again if traveling through Fort Lauderdale. Booked with the Hyatt Place because they offered both airport and cruise port transfers, the issue regarding transfer to the cruise port was not the hotel's fault, but rather poor organizaton at Port Everglades and the cruise lines.

Room Tip: Rooms on the upper floors are quieter, its a four story facility.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
HyattDaniaBeach, Front Office Manager at Hyatt Place Ft. Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port, responded to this review, January 19, 2013
daDA144,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your stay with us at the Hyatt Place. We are glad to hear that your stay was enjoyed by you and your family. It's always great to hear that the staff was helpful. We hope to welcome you back for your next trip to Fort Lauderdale.

Your Hyatt Place Team
dekalb il
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

Our family stayed here for the Orange Bowl over the New Year holiday. Great Choice! Very nice hotel. The staff was courteous, helpful and very friendly. The rooms are nicely sized, clean and stylish. Very very comfortable beds. The pool was clean and warm. Breakfast was very good with many choices. Lots of food choices close to the hotel. We will stay here again!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013 via mobile

I recently had the pleasure of staying at the Hyatt Place (Ft Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port) with my mother. We stayed at the hotel for four days prior to leaving on a cruise. And Mom came back after her cruise to stay another night prior to returning home, she actually referred to the hotel as ‘our favourite place to stay in Florida’.

The lobby is warm and inviting, with several areas to sit quietly or join in on the hustle and social atmosphere that this busy hotel offers.  And man, was this hotel busy. We were staying there between Christmas and New Year. The hotel was fully booked and the place was hopping most of the time.
The rooms are clean, spacious and well kept. There were only three drawers in the room and a very small closet (it could have been just the room we were staying in) so we didn't really unpack during our stay. That was really the only less-than-positive item against a long list of truly positive attributes for this hotel.

Breakfast (which is included) was when the lobby was at its busiest. It seemed that every single guest was in the breakfast / lobby area during that time. Not a problem as there is plenty of seating. The food was great, plenty of choice between the hot and cold breakfast items, fresh fruit and juices, breads, pastries, eggs, etc. The staff was constantly refilling and replenishing all items and helping people with their requests.

The General Manager, Nick, was just great. Helpful, friendly, engaged and organized. I saw him chatting with guests, clearing dishes, helping with breakfast service, helping with luggage or at the front desk or at the shuttles, even refilling the apples at the reception area, no job was too small for him.
He is (rightfully so) very proud of his hotel and his staff and you can tell that he is dedicated to this hotel.

I have to mention the front desk staff. They work in teams; each team was professional and extremely helpful. With the number of guests that they were constantly serving, their warm smiles never faded, and the level of patience and dedication to customer service never slipped. They not only made it a priority to see to all of their guests requirements, but made it very obvious that they love their job and take enormous pride in doing that job well.

I had the opportunity to just sit and observe the staff, and what I saw was that no matter who, no matter what the request, no matter which team the request was made to, each and every employee went above and beyond to see that each request was met…with a smile. These teams work like well oiled machines.

As it turned out, we ended up meeting some other families, who were also staying for several days prior to leaving on their cruises. We all ended up becoming friendly and spent our evenings in the public spaces of the hotel, mostly at the host bar area, where you can order snacks/meals, drinks, coffees, desserts, etc.  It was where we all discussed our adventures and/or purchases of the day, current events, where we should go for dinner, and just generally a great hang-out area.

Just by virtue of the shift they worked,  the evening shift team ended up becoming a ‘part of the group’. These girls (Elizabeth, Steph, Megan, Kisha and Anet) were simply awesome. Their attentiveness to each and every request (from our group, or anyone who came to the front desk) and their engaging personalities, really gave the evenings a feeling of a group of old friends hanging out and enjoying the company. They are a great group; fun, friendly and professional.

I also have to mention the shuttle (to & from the airport & cruise port and the nearby shopping center and restaurants) and the shuttle staff. These guys were just great!  We all had several opportunities to use the shuttles and not only were the drivers efficient, but they were friendly and very helpful. Like I said above, the hotel was completely booked, with most of the people staying there prior to leaving on cruises. Cruises typically leave on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays...those mornings were crazy! The shuttle staff organized, scheduled, and basically made sure everyone got where they needed to be, at the right time. Beautifully orchestrated!

From the moment we arrived to the moment we left, our stay was just fantastic. A hotel is often just a hotel. It’s the staff that can make or break your stay…this hotel and the great staff, will make your stay a great one. Guaranteed!"

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Regina, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

We stayed here pre-cruise, and it was a great location with free shuttle service from the airport and also included a full breakfast. There also was a shuttle service to the port that was $10/person. in hindsite a taxi would have been cheaper and quicker for us, as there were four of us, and we were the last ones dropped off as the bus went to all the other ships before it got to ours. Even so it only took about 20-30 minutes. The front desk staff were very helpful and gave good directions as to where to find restaraunts and shopping within walking distance. We would stay at this hotel again, and would make it for a bit longer.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

We booked this hotel for a great rate pre-cruise december 2012. We stayed 4 nights. Very nice hotel, near the interstate so easy on easy off. Wonderfull breakfast area, crowded, but normal because it was the Holidays!
The outside pool was clean and hot, my kids loved it!
Nice persons at the front desk!
Would stay here again anytime!!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Manon24,

Thank you for going out of your way to write this review about your stay at the Hyatt Place. It's always great to hear that our guests enjoyed their stay. We hope to welcome you back for your next vacation.

Your Hyatt Place Team
Savannah, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

We are members of the Hyatt Gold Club and usually find the Hyatt Brand to be of quality, and this hotel fits the bill. The staff was always courteous and professional overall, and the room was what we expected. The rooms are nice in size and clean, which is what is important to us. The morning Breakfast was very good overall.

On the down side we had booked ourselves a cuise deal where we leave the car for the week and got transportation to and from the cruise port. When I checked in I asked the young lady at the desk about where to park the car and she said anyplace on the property was fine, and asked nothing about the car, etc. This just did not seem right to us so when we returned to the hotel from dinner we asked again and there were two young ladies at the desk who said we needed to fill lout the car info form, and then park the car in the secure area behind the hotel. This seemed much more the right answer to us...so that is what we did.

The other problem we had was in the transportation to and from the cruise port. When I booked the room online I followed it up with a call to ensure they could provide transportation for wheelchairs and scooters, and was it included in the price. I was told yes and that they would make special arrangements for me and all I needed to do was let the front desk know I needed wheelchair transport. I called again just before we headed down to Ft. Lauderdale to ensure the info was as told, and they once again said the same as before. On the day of the cruise they did have Yellow Cab come to get us and on the way to the cruise port I noticed the cab driver was running the meter. I asked about having to pay and he acted like I was an idiot, but yes I had to pay. This concerned me as I was told not once, but two or three times that the transportation was included in the hotel rate I paid. I paid the driver and once checked into the cruise I called the hotel and got several different stories from the desk manager, but in the end was told to contact the desk when I returned and I would get one way fare paid back to me. I found this answer to be ok, but still not what we had been told about all transportation being included. When we returned we got our own cab back and had decided to check in with the manager and if anything was wrong with us after that we would just call into Hyatt after the trip to complain. The good part is the manager on duty when we got back had remembered hearing about us and without any problem had our credit card refunded the monies we paid for transportation to and from the cruise.

We will stay here again without second thought.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hyatt Place Ft. Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port? Share your experiences!