“A nice stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Homewood Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port

Save Saved
You added Homewood Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port to your Saves list
Homewood Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port
Ranked #6 of 17 Hotels in Dania Beach
Haines Alaska
“A nice stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

I really enjoyed this hotel. The rooms were clean and comfortable (even the fold out couch) and the breakfasts were good. The best feature was the shuttle. They drivers were all nice and patient and would take you to places other than the airport and the cruise port. The shuttle was on time for rides to the cruise port. You must allow extra time for the ride though because they stop at the cruise boats in order of their location. There is a small charge for this but the local rides are free. My only complaint was that the computer room downstairs with the printer and fax wasn't working when I was there, even though the staff was fast and eager to help (to no avail), and the hotel was frequently off line. I really enjoyed my stay and I recommend this place. There is no walking distance place to shop, but the shuttle can take you. A good place to eat nearby is a crab restaurant whose name escapes me; nice variety but not cheap. I got a good vegetarian meal and my friend loved her seafood. The front desk can point you in the right direction.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Allen Park, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

Homewood Suites have not been dissapointing - Our family traveled from Michigan to Dania Beach two days before our Caribbean cruise. We checked in about 7pm Friday Night.

Check in was smooth - the front desk CSR's were expecting us, the rooms are clean - area is nice. We havent ventured out much because our cruise leaves Sunday Morning, overall its a good experience and a Nice hotel with alot of Amenities.

The Morning Breakfast was really good.

I know all major cites have their flaws with Traffic - but Florida has to be on my top five for WTH? I cant beleive the traffic here - and it is no falt to any hotel - so my advice is do what you need to do EARLY or LATE.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Midland, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

As a frequent Hilton customer, the hotel met our expections for a Homewood property. The rooms were slightly smaller than other Homewood Suites. THe two-room set-up worked well as we had two couples staying in the room. We used the hotel shuttle from FLL--we simply called the hotel and they dispatched the driver. It was very easy. The hotel staff was very courteous and the evening reception/breakfast were sufficient. There is a Publix supermarket ~1.5 miles away. We opted to take a taxi to the port instead of the hotel-sponsored shuttle (it cost ~$22).

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

The Homewood Suites near the Fort Lauderdale airport was perfectly fine. You got two room and a kitchenette plus morning breakfast. It was clean, the bathroom looked practically new and there were a lot of touches that I appreciated (electric outlets in the night table lamps, for example).
That said, we probably won't be staying there again.

Why?
First, my sister and I were sharing a room. We needed two singles but they could only give us a king. AWKWARD!. We dealt with it.

The real problem was the lack of a convenient restaurant and/or grocery.
There was a shop in the lobby with chips and sodas and a small selection of frozen dinners.
My parents didn't want to eat Lean Cuisine for lunch and dinner.
There were no restaurants nearby, nothing closer than the nearby mall, about three miles away. We were relying on the hotel shuttles to get us to the airport and cruise port and so didn't have a car.
Mistake.
The parents didn't want to wait for taxis or shuttles. They wanted food *now*. Sound familiar?
We were surrounded by similar suites hotels, none of which had full-service restaurants, so there was nothing within walking distance - even if the parents could / would walk across the highway. Other suites hotels that I've stayed at had a Denny's / IHOP / diner nearby. Not here.

So this was a bust.
My father wanted to stay here because it had the name 'Hilton' as in Homewood Suites by Hilton, as if "Hilton" was a magic word.
It didn't work this time.

Room Tip: Given that all rooms are suites, rooms are farther apart than at standard hotels. So be prepared fo...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
marife l, Front Office Manager at Homewood Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us and we appreciate your loyalty as a rewards member. I regret to hear that you were disappointed with the shuttle service times and we're reevaluating our current transportation operations to ensure we're doing all we can to accommodate our guests. We hope you'll give us another chance to see our improvements.

Kind regards,
indianapolis, in
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Clean and what we expected from the chain. Our daughters had thier own room and ended up sick for the 2 days we were there. The staff was great. Check in was a bit bumpy with someone else being assigned our room but that was corrected quickly and without any hassles. Evening was Mexican Style. Pretty good. Breakfast was average. Would stay here again.

Baltimore, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Tried to get a room with two beds, but only had king size suites available - I took it because i could use my Hilton points. However, I won't return because we thought the shuttle service would take care of our needs. Be warned - the airport shuttle only runs once an hour and if you take the shuttle to nearby restaurants, that can take an hour or more each way. The shuttle to the cruise ship was the one exception - that worked well.

If you have your own car - that would be fine - the restaurants and shopping centers are only 10 minutes away. The pool looked inviting - just didn't have the time. The internet connection worked well.

St. Augustine, FL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

In advance of an MSC cruise (a very good cruise line, indeed!) I booked (and paid) 12 room nights for my family. We have 10 grandkids!

Rooms were clean and ready, a big plus, but a little bit spartan for $175 plus plus rooms. Desk staff was cordial and exceptionally helpful.

Even though the acommodations are called "suites" they are VERY small, two little interconnected rooms. A family with 3 children needs two suites (4 small rooms) interconnected, which jacks up the cost by double. Nonetheless, a comfortable acommodation two suites combined. They did not offer larger suites, a single one which would have handled a whole family at a lower total cost. I am guessing they were maximizing profits as they did have larger ones available according to Hilton online reservation system. But, OK, we were all comfortable and that's the main thing.

Big surprice is that even though I am a Hilton Diamond member, they astonished me at the end, because they classified us as a "group" I was therefore classified not as a Hitlto Diamond guest but as an "event planner" and therefore only entitled to minimal credit of points and stays. For 12 room nights they awarded about the same points I would get staying in a Hilton by myself (one room) for three nights!

Have communicated several times and they evidently do not read it. OUGH LUCK, that's what we do is the message.

The breakfast is uninspired, even the eggs are not fresh cooked (egg like shapes, maybe a food product). Kids liked the waffle maker.

If you are bringing family along, there are better choices as close to the airport and cruise port.

Room Tip: Do not accept one of the micro sized "suites." They have larger ones that are less confini...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
marife l, Guest Relations Manager at Homewood Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
I appreciate your review of our hotel and loyalty as a rewards member. I understand that you were unhappy with some of the billing charges and I apologize for any miscommunication. We strive to create a wonderful and affordable guest experience and I ask that you contact me directly so I can help rectify the situation and make things right. We value your business and hope to have the opportunity to serve you again.

Been to Homewood Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port? Share your experiences!