“Rude manager” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Homewood Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port

Save Saved
You added Homewood Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port to your Saves list
Homewood Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2061 Griffin Road, Dania Beach, FL 33312   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book now and save 15%!
Ranked #6 of 17 Hotels in Dania Beach
“Rude manager”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012 via mobile

The hotel is lovely and most of the staff too. However Marvy was very rude. She treated me like I was an unwanted guest in her hotel. It's a very negative vibe. I hated running into her in the hall.
Anyway I will not be back. (I'm a diamond member so they lost quite a bit of business).

• Stayed September 2012
marife l, Guest Relations Manager at Homewood Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
We are so glad you chose to stay with us and appreciate your loyalty as a rewards member. I always value hearing from our guests and apologize if any of our staff made you feel uncomfortable or unwelcome. We always want our guests to feel valued and welcome at our hotel. I have taken your comments to our team to correct the issue and improve our services. The next time you have the opportunity to travel to the area, I do hope that you will be our guest again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Mira Loma, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

Came into Ft. Lauderdale by cruise ship. The taxi fare from the Port Everglades Cruise Terminal was leass than $20.00. We arrive at the Homewood Suites by Hilton way before to the 3:00pm check in time, but they had a room ready and immediatly place us in the room. The room was a two room suite with plenty of amenities and plenty of space for a small family. Plenty of hot water in the shower.

The hotel provided complimentry bus service starting at 4:00 pm to the local shopping center, several resteraunts, and other local facilities. In addition, for a fee the hotel provided tours to various tourist attractions, the cruise port, and the Miami airport. The hotel provided complimentry shuttle service to and from the Ft. lauderdale airport.

The breakfast was great with a wide variety of foods. The ckeck out experience was fast friendly and a good experience. The was a very enjoyable place to stay in Ft. Lauderdale that was close to everything.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

This is the second time that my family of 3 stayed here. This time we stayed for 9 days. We stayed in a King 1 bedroom. It was cosy and clean. The hotel staff were friendly and helpful. The food provided for breakfast and evening (free wine and beer in the evening) was good and was replenished on a regular basis. Also, a couple of times we arrived at breakfast at closing time and the breakfast staff was kind enough to let us get our breakfast without rushing us :-)

The hotel had a warm & homey feel to it, particularly the dining/lobby area with the big screen TV and couches. The exercise room is small and set up for cardio not weights. I was still able to get my cardio, abs and pushes done. Our room was quiet and we didn't hear any noise. Being close to the airport, we didn't here any airplanes at night or in the evening when in our room. The mattress in our room was soft and I did wake up with some back pain (and I'm not overweight).

The beach is only 15 minutes away by car!! You should have a car if you aren't staying for a fewnights since there isn't anything (restaurants, shopping, entertainment) in walking distance. The shuttle service is very good.

Last year I said I would definitely stay here again and we did. This time we stayed 9 days. We went to boomers and my child and enjoyed it. We also went to Jungle Island (private zoo) in Miami and it was better than I thought it would be. I would recommend going to Hollywood Beach. I saw lots of family's there and there's lot's of parking. The Ft lauderdale beach has less room on the beach and parking can be challenging.

Note: There are several restaurants 1 exit south on the 95 near the other hotels. The Chipotle Grill is great and busy.

Room Tip: Rent a car if you are staying for a few days. There nothing in walking distance.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Wilmington, DE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

Stayed here for one night. I was impressed most by the service. The guy at the desk knew the area and wasn't annoyed by all of my questions. I travel to fort lauderdale a couple times a year and this guy was the most impressive. Highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2012
Allentown, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

This was our first experience at a Homewood Suite, and overall, it was a good experience. Our reservation was for over a week, and it was a perfect location since it included a kitchen giving us flexibility in our meal choices. The room was a good size and arranged efficiently for 3 adults. We even had room for my grandson’s play-yard. Liliana and Audriana were superstars during the breakfast hours. The food was hot and tasty, and the area was very clean. Liliana even took time to play with my grandson a few times. They made us feel like we were staying with friends- not at a hotel. Quentin, at the front desk, was very personable. It is definitely appreciated! Angela R., another front desk rep, was very helpful during our stay. We experienced problems with our room three days due to housekeeping, or lack of housekeeping, and she rectified the problems best she could. She was understanding and sympathetic. The housekeeping staff assigned to our room, 307, didn’t replace towels, didn’t clean the bathroom, didn’t refresh the sheets when asked, didn’t replenish the shampoo/conditioner, toilet paper, paper towels, etc as provided, and didn’t take out the full can of garbage. Angela sent up our missing supplies right away, and we thank her for that. The front desk manager- no name tag, slender female with a dark haired bob hairstyle- could take a page from Angela’s book. This manager was rude and didn’t act professional. It is not appropriate to me, or to my husband, to refer to him as “papi.” It is slang, and its reserved really for people you know. She didn’t know us in the slightest. She also was dismissive when my husband overheard her talking about break-ins to 2 vehicles during our stay. She talked about this incident freely in English and in Spanish so naturally, he asked about it. We had our personal vehicle parked out front with my grandson’s presents. It was important to know what we could. She told him that nothing of the sort had happened, but once he repeated the details she had previously stated, she couldn’t deny it, and said “uh…yeah….” and left him standing at the front desk. Like I said, overall it was good. I’d go back to this location, but I’d hope to have a better experience with housekeeping and see a more professional manager.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Fonthill, Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

We recently booked this hotel pre cruise and had a wonderful stay. Shuttle pickup from airport was quick and comfortable (large bus with trailer for baggage) and driver very friendly. Although we arrived at 1030 am our room was ready and waiting for us. We booked a 2 queen, one bedroom suite for our family of 4. Enjoyed having the extra space with separate "living room" and appreciated having 2 TV's especially when travelling with teens :) Room smelled fresh and was spotless. Used the shuttle again to airport and back for car rental and each time was quick and effortless. We opted to take a taxi to Port Everglades as it was cheaper for 4 of us rather than book through the shuttle company. I think we paid $23 including tip. Would not hesitate to book this hotel again in the future.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012 via mobile

I was pleasantly surprised how nice this hotel was. My room had a comfortable bed, full size fridge, and microwave. The complimentary breakfasts were not what you might expect, eggs, hash browns, biscuits and gravy. I don't know if they had chefs or southern grandmas cooking, but the food had flavor. I would definately recommend this place to stay. The staff were all really nice, they even let us check in early when we got back from our cruise. I will stay there again if I am in the Ft. Lauderdale area again.

• Stayed August 2012

Been to Homewood Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port? Share your experiences!