“Always for work, never for pleasure” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Fort Lauderdale Airport South Inn & Suites

Save Saved
You added BEST WESTERN PLUS Fort Lauderdale Airport South Inn & Suites to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS Fort Lauderdale Airport South Inn & Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1900 Stirling Rd, Dania Beach, FL 33004   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #11 of 17 Hotels in Dania Beach
Land O Lakes, Florida
“Always for work, never for pleasure”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel several times. I like staying here. Good employees, especially Carolyn at the front desk. The bed is always comfortable, the room is always clean. There is a pool and work out room, if I am so inclined. It's close to where I need to go and always a good price. Good work space with plenty of outlets and an adjustable chair. Enough coffee for me to make in the morning in my room and always a good selection for breakfast. It's better if you go down early before it fills up. Free internet. I LIKE THIS HOTEL, the employees hear me say it every time. Maybe one day my stay will be for pleasure and not for work.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Naisha B, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Fort Lauderdale Airport South Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 28, 2013
Dear RochelleP692:

Thank you for your kind review. Our location always wins the hearts of our guests. We are happy to hear you were able to enjoy our service, rooms, amenities and facilities. We look forward to seeing you again for your next area visit.

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Harlem, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at this hotel. It was great for the price we received. Clean and great service. It had everything we wanted in a hotel stay: close to everything, mostly interstate. Free internet and breakfast. It had a work out room and pool, both to which I had planned to use but we made more stops on the way down and ran out of relaxing time to do. We were in an updated room which was nice. It was a bit older than I had thought but was very nice. We would use this hotel again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Naisha B, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Fort Lauderdale Airport South Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 22, 2013
Dear TeresaCallahan:

It is refreshing to hear how much you enjoyed our friendly, smiling team and our attention to detail. The team works hard to keep the property clean and inviting. We are glad you were able to enjoy our hot and cold deluxe breakfast buffet. Thank you for your recommendation and taking your time to review our property. We look forward to your return.

Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

First let me say that our stay at this Best Western was very nice. We stayed there on the 08/30/13 & 09/14/13. Both times the staff was friendly and very helpful and the rooms clean and comfortable. However, on 09/14/13, at the end of our vacation, when we checked in, I asked the Office Manager Naisha Becerra, who was working the desk along with two other personnel, if we could store our fish, that we had caught on our Fish On Charter, in their freezer. I showed her our small hand carried cooler( 10in w x 7in h x 4in w ) with 3 frozen fillets each wrapped in separate freezer bags and two frozen ice packs.. Ms. Becerra said she wasn't sure but that she "was afraid it might contaminate the other food in the freezer". I assured her that it would not and also that in over 7 years of staying at Best Western hotels we were never denied freezer space for our frozen fish which we always return home with. She said that our room would have a refrigerator with a freezer and that she was sure the fish would fit in. I mentioned that those freezers are all open at both ends and that the freeze level is not low enough to keep the fish frozen for a 12 hour trip back to Reno, Nv. The BW company freezer is set at a lower freezing level and would be much better. Ms. Becerra was not moved, so we headed to our room and was able to cram our fish in the small freezer space of our small room refrigerator. The two essential ice packs would not fit. The answer to our problem was Ms Becerra had a worker bring up another refrigerator for the 2 ice packs. When we left, our fish was frozen, however when we boarded our flight in Salt Lake City for Reno, the fish were half thawed as I predicted. Thanks to a super Flight Attendant, who gave us enough ice for our cooler, we were able to make it to Reno where our Airport Plaza Best Western folks were glad to put our fish in their personal break room freezer.
I believe that additional training is necessary for Ms. Becerra so that she might understand better the chances of something being contaminated from frozen fish in a closed cooler.

Dear NevadaBrew:

Thank you for sharing your comments about our property. It is nice to hear that you enjoyed your stay and our staff. I do apologize about the challenges with the freezer arrangement. Again, thank you for sharing your comments and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for one night & wish I could have stayed longer! My room was huge, it felt like 2 rooms in 1. My King sized bed was soooo comfortable, I wish I could have slept in it more! The entire room was clean, the staff was friendly and it was a quick 10 minute drive to the airport. I wasn't able to try the free breakfast in the morning but wow - eggs, bacon, sausage, oatmeal, waffles...you name it, they had it available. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the area, you will not be disappointed!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Naisha B, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Fort Lauderdale Airport South Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Dear depechegirl02:

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and comfortableness on our property. It is great to hear that you enjoyed our service and location. Wish you would have tried out hot and cold deluxe breakfast. We strive to create a home away from home experience for all of our guests and it is great to hear that you enjoyed it. We look forward to your return.

cooperstown
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

The pool is awful but the hotel and rooms are excellent and it is close to restuants and shopping. Not a vacation destination hotel but a great hotel to stop over at on your way to a vacation. I would stay here again. The price was very fair and breakfest room lovely.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Dear LuckyDuckFarm:

Thank you for taking time to review our property. We are glad you enjoyed our service, our rooms, our hot and cold deluxe breakfast buffet and our great location for shopping. We appreciate your high recommendation and look forward to your return.

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

This is an excellent value for a pre or post-cruise stay. Free shuttle to the cruise ships and free breakfast. Very clean and comfortable rooms. Restaurants within easy walking distance and decent pool and exercise room.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Naisha B, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Fort Lauderdale Airport South Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Dear A Trip Advisor Member:

Thank you for taking your time to write 5 star review of our property. We are glad you were able to enjoy our hot and cold deluxe complimentary breakfast, our shuttle services, room and our location. We look forward to your return.

hialeah, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

I would like to thank you for a awesome experience. You guys offered a great staff, facility & location. I loved the accessibility to the highway and multiple points of interests. I definitely will be recommending this Hotel to my friends & colleagues for the future hotel needs.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Naisha B, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Fort Lauderdale Airport South Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Dear John K O:

Thank you so much for your kind words. Next time you are in town, please stop by the front desk and they can offer you some other suggestions on restaurants as we do have some local ones that are off the normal beat and path.We are glad you enjoyed your experience and look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Front Office Manager

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Fort Lauderdale Airport South Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!