First let me say that our stay at this Best Western was very nice. We stayed there on the 08/30/13 & 09/14/13. Both times the staff was friendly and very helpful and the rooms clean and comfortable. However, on 09/14/13, at the end of our vacation, when we checked in, I asked the Office Manager Naisha Becerra, who was working the desk along with two other personnel, if we could store our fish, that we had caught on our Fish On Charter, in their freezer. I showed her our small hand carried cooler( 10in w x 7in h x 4in w ) with 3 frozen fillets each wrapped in separate freezer bags and two frozen ice packs.. Ms. Becerra said she wasn't sure but that she "was afraid it might contaminate the other food in the freezer". I assured her that it would not and also that in over 7 years of staying at Best Western hotels we were never denied freezer space for our frozen fish which we always return home with. She said that our room would have a refrigerator with a freezer and that she was sure the fish would fit in. I mentioned that those freezers are all open at both ends and that the freeze level is not low enough to keep the fish frozen for a 12 hour trip back to Reno, Nv. The BW company freezer is set at a lower freezing level and would be much better. Ms. Becerra was not moved, so we headed to our room and was able to cram our fish in the small freezer space of our small room refrigerator. The two essential ice packs would not fit. The answer to our problem was Ms Becerra had a worker bring up another refrigerator for the 2 ice packs. When we left, our fish was frozen, however when we boarded our flight in Salt Lake City for Reno, the fish were half thawed as I predicted. Thanks to a super Flight Attendant, who gave us enough ice for our cooler, we were able to make it to Reno where our Airport Plaza Best Western folks were glad to put our fish in their personal break room freezer.
I believe that additional training is necessary for Ms. Becerra so that she might understand better the chances of something being contaminated from frozen fish in a closed cooler.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay at the brand new Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood Airport hotel with easy access to the Port Everglades Cruise Port and Broward Convention Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA, BookIt.com, getaroom.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Expedia, Odigeo, Venere, Otel and EasyToBook so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS Fort Lauderdale Airport South Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Fort Lauderdale Airport South Inn And Suites
- Best Western Plus Fort Lauderdale Airport South Hotel Dania Beach