“Good value for a short stay” 3 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Fort Lauderdale Airport South Inn & Suites

You added BEST WESTERN PLUS Fort Lauderdale Airport South Inn & Suites to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS Fort Lauderdale Airport South Inn & Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1900 Stirling Rd, Dania Beach, FL 33004   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
1,000 bonus reward points
Ranked #13 of 19 Hotels in Dania Beach
Upstate NY
“Good value for a short stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

While I certainly would not stay here for any length of time, for an overnight before my flight it was fine. As other reviewers have mentioned it does need some sprucing up, particularly in the hallways, where the carpet is a disaster. My room was actually pretty decent. Room was large and king size bed was pretty comfy. There was a couch as well. Bathroom is nothing to write home about but seemed clean. While I would agree that the shuttle to the airport isn't perfect as it only runs every hour, hey it was free! and my driver was very nice and a safe driver. Free breakfast was not one of the better ones I've seen; the only fruit available was apples. But it was nice that there were a couple of hot items which you don't always get. Also hotel is convenient if you are driving because it is right off the interstate. My room was very quiet but don't know if highway traffic is noticeable on the front side of the hotel.

Room Tip: Back of hotel is probably quieter.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Consider other options in the area. Although Best Western is generally a very good choice, and one which I am very familiar with, this particular property is lacking in several areas:
1). Shuttle service. There is a complimentary shuttle between the airport and this property but you need to book ahead. If arriving at terminal 3, The hotel is not listed in the airport services board on the arrivals level and you need to call directly or to the sister property and have your call transferred in order to request a shuttle pick up. Once ordered, expect to wait between 15-20 minutes in the outdoor "hotel off-site" area which is located at the very end of terminal 3. Complimentary return shuttles must be booked in advance through the front desk. If you want to arrange a shuttle to the cruise port, it must also be booked in advance and will incur a charge of $8.00 per person.
2). The business center has 2 computers but only one can print which causes long backups when trying to print airline boarding passes or other docs. Allow yourself time.
3). As noted by others, housekeeping needs to step up their game. The hallways and the room carpet were filled with stains. Room 506 also had garbage cans that had not been emptied, carpets that looked like they had not been vacuumed, windows and furniture that were full of fingerprints.
4). Rooms: are generous in size with the amenities noted on the website, but they are very noisy, and you can clearly hear people in other rooms and in the halls. Bed and pillows were comfortable. Be aware that there is NO in-room safe, but you can leave valuables at the front desk.
5) Complimentary breakfast was basic and well set out with a fair amount of seating, but it was very busy between 8 and 9 am and we had to wait for a seat. Some items such as yogurt ran out (not sure if it was replenished) and the garbage cans were overflowing.
6) Front desk was friendly and helpful. There are vending machines in the lobby for water, pop,snacks, etc.
7) Location: There is a small mall, a Cuban restaurant and a Subway sandwich shop within walking distance. It is close to major highways for easy access. Luggage carts are available by the elevators but are out of site and not in lobby, so ask.
Overview: until this hotel steps up its game, I would not recommend it.

Room Tip: An even number room will face away from the highway.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
hemaray, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Fort Lauderdale Airport South Inn & Suites, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
hello Gateway889,

Thank you so much for your business and your honest review. We work tirelessly to deliver an excellent guest experience to each of our guests and are very disappointed that we didn't deliver on this promise to you! We take your critiques as opportunities and have addressed them all below.
1) There is a lot of demand for our shuttle service and therefore arrangements to ride it must be scheduled.
2) We are working on getting 2 printers so you will not experience a line should you need to print boarding passes, etc..
3) We have retrained our housekeeping staff (everyone needs refreshers) and I am personally inspecting these rooms myself to make sure that they are overly clean. On the other hand, we have ordered new carpet which should arrive shortly and we will be installing it throughout the hotel.
Woodinville, WA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

While this hotel is a good value for a pre or post cruise stay, it has some drawbacks. Not sure what happened to the carpets, but it looks like a bleach stain is everywhere. The general property looks like it needs to be updated with fresh paint and carpeting. A rigid, only on the hour airport shuttle wasn't optimal, because we had to miss the free breakfast to make their 6:00 AM shuttle. The room was large and spacious, but a 32 inch screen tv was a little on the small side compared to other area properties. Easy access from the freeway and a 10 minute drive to the airport. Didn't seem to have as good a quality as we've found in other Best Western plus level properties.

Room Tip: Rooms facing away from the freeway are quiet.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

The carpet is old and strained. The deadbolt was broken. The coffee maker didn't work. Though seeing a bug in the bathroom woke me up anyway. Another bug in my coffee cup at breakfast made sure I didn't fall back asleep. There was no ice machine on my floor. The lack of a do not disturb sign wouldn't have been a big deal if housekeeping bothered to knock. On the plus side the shower head is really nice.

I'll be staying somewhere else on my next visit.

• Stayed November 2012
Curitiba, PR
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

right on the other side of the road there is a Cuban restaurant. Very tastfull.
Also there is a subway 5 min walk.
Front desk is friendly.

I had a rented car, so location wasn´t a big deal for me. Its very easy to be accessed by car but not well located if you think about going around by foot.

Room was spacious and bed comfortable. They had cable, AC, hot water, WIFI, fridge and a small sink and micro wave just beside it. I had no problem at all with noises ... so sleep quality was perfect.

Breakfast had waffles (prepared by yourself), breads, juice, coffee, yogurt, corn flakes and any other fruit (I wish they had more options of fruits). It´s ok ... not a great buffet but wasn’t bad either.

Its 20 min from sawgrass mills by car. Very easy to get there with a GPS or even a google maps would work.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Grand Rapids
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

We were cruising out of Port Everglades and we always fly in the day before. We picked up this hotel on a online site for a great price. There were 6 of us staying there and we all enjoyed it. I've read some bad things about this place, but I can't see why. The room was just fine. Clean and bright and the bathroom was spotless. The hotel shuttle was prompt and efficient. We wanted to go out for dinner as a group at a nearby restaurant and the front desk arranged transportation for the evening. They also have a 2nd party shuttle that took us to the cruise port and then back to the airport after the cruise. They had breakfast that consisted of eggs and sausage, make your own waffles and toast & juice. It was nice to get some breakfast right in the hotel. There were a lot of cruisers staying there, so sign up for the shuttles early.

Room Tip: Sign up for the port shuttles early
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Doral, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

I had a 1 night stay at this hotel and I loved it. Clean rooms, working internet, hot breakfast and a friendly staff. The check-in was fast, which was good as i was in a hurry. I asked the front desk clerk, Carolyn, for a good restaurant in the area and I was given many options to choose from which showed how well she knew the area. At night I had a problem with the t.v and called the front desk, Rafael, answered and even though he couldn't come up and help me because he was working alone he walked me through on how to reset the t.v while on the phone. Overall I had a great stay and will recommend this Best Western to all of my friends.

Room Tip: I stayed in a room facing the interstate and even though there was light traffic I didn't hear a...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
hemaray, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Fort Lauderdale Airport South Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Hi Eduardo,

Thank you so much for the wonderful comments. Our primary concern and responsibility is to provide all guests with a VERY clean and comfortable room as well as excellent service. It appears that we met that objective for you. I do apologize for the TV acting up, but I am so happy that our guest service representative was able to walk you through resetting it. I was our pleasure to have you as a guest and we all look forward to your next stay with us.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dania Beach
Cambria Suites Ft. Lauderdale, Airport South & Cruise Port
BEST WESTERN  Fort Lauderdale Airport/Cruise Port
BEST WESTERN Fort Lauderdale Ai...
#46 of 136 in Fort Lauderdale
4.0 of 5 stars 713 reviews
Hilton Garden Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport-Cruise Port
HYATT house Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport South
Hyatt Place Ft. Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Fort Lauderdale Airport South Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!