“Needs Refreshing” 3 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Fort Lauderdale Airport South Inn & Suites

Save Saved
You added BEST WESTERN PLUS Fort Lauderdale Airport South Inn & Suites to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS Fort Lauderdale Airport South Inn & Suites
Ranked #11 of 17 hotels in Dania Beach
Woodinville, WA
“Needs Refreshing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

While this hotel is a good value for a pre or post cruise stay, it has some drawbacks. Not sure what happened to the carpets, but it looks like a bleach stain is everywhere. The general property looks like it needs to be updated with fresh paint and carpeting. A rigid, only on the hour airport shuttle wasn't optimal, because we had to miss the free breakfast to make their 6:00 AM shuttle. The room was large and spacious, but a 32 inch screen tv was a little on the small side compared to other area properties. Easy access from the freeway and a 10 minute drive to the airport. Didn't seem to have as good a quality as we've found in other Best Western plus level properties.

Room Tip: Rooms facing away from the freeway are quiet.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

493 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

The carpet is old and strained. The deadbolt was broken. The coffee maker didn't work. Though seeing a bug in the bathroom woke me up anyway. Another bug in my coffee cup at breakfast made sure I didn't fall back asleep. There was no ice machine on my floor. The lack of a do not disturb sign wouldn't have been a big deal if housekeeping bothered to knock. On the plus side the shower head is really nice.

I'll be staying somewhere else on my next visit.

• Stayed November 2012
Curitiba, PR
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

right on the other side of the road there is a Cuban restaurant. Very tastfull.
Also there is a subway 5 min walk.
Front desk is friendly.

I had a rented car, so location wasn´t a big deal for me. Its very easy to be accessed by car but not well located if you think about going around by foot.

Room was spacious and bed comfortable. They had cable, AC, hot water, WIFI, fridge and a small sink and micro wave just beside it. I had no problem at all with noises ... so sleep quality was perfect.

Breakfast had waffles (prepared by yourself), breads, juice, coffee, yogurt, corn flakes and any other fruit (I wish they had more options of fruits). It´s ok ... not a great buffet but wasn’t bad either.

Its 20 min from sawgrass mills by car. Very easy to get there with a GPS or even a google maps would work.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Grand Rapids
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

We were cruising out of Port Everglades and we always fly in the day before. We picked up this hotel on a online site for a great price. There were 6 of us staying there and we all enjoyed it. I've read some bad things about this place, but I can't see why. The room was just fine. Clean and bright and the bathroom was spotless. The hotel shuttle was prompt and efficient. We wanted to go out for dinner as a group at a nearby restaurant and the front desk arranged transportation for the evening. They also have a 2nd party shuttle that took us to the cruise port and then back to the airport after the cruise. They had breakfast that consisted of eggs and sausage, make your own waffles and toast & juice. It was nice to get some breakfast right in the hotel. There were a lot of cruisers staying there, so sign up for the shuttles early.

Room Tip: Sign up for the port shuttles early
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Doral, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

I had a 1 night stay at this hotel and I loved it. Clean rooms, working internet, hot breakfast and a friendly staff. The check-in was fast, which was good as i was in a hurry. I asked the front desk clerk, Carolyn, for a good restaurant in the area and I was given many options to choose from which showed how well she knew the area. At night I had a problem with the t.v and called the front desk, Rafael, answered and even though he couldn't come up and help me because he was working alone he walked me through on how to reset the t.v while on the phone. Overall I had a great stay and will recommend this Best Western to all of my friends.

Room Tip: I stayed in a room facing the interstate and even though there was light traffic I didn't hear a...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
hemaray, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Fort Lauderdale Airport South Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Hi Eduardo,

Thank you so much for the wonderful comments. Our primary concern and responsibility is to provide all guests with a VERY clean and comfortable room as well as excellent service. It appears that we met that objective for you. I do apologize for the TV acting up, but I am so happy that our guest service representative was able to walk you through resetting it. I was our pleasure to have you as a guest and we all look forward to your next stay with us.
DeLand, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

My stay was nothing like some of the reviews I've read on this hotel. I found the staff very attentive and friendly. Their manor was very professional. The rooms were very nicely appointed and clean. Bathrooms were just as clean. We will be back in December for another stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Hi travelered222,

Thank you so much for the review and your wonderful comments. We are always monitoring the comments on this site in order to improve. It was because of others that you had such a great experience with us, so we thank them as well. We are looking forward to seeing you in December!
Dayton
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

We flew into town and stayed here for one night prior to embarking on a cruise at Port Everglades. Pros: Having the hotel shuttle pick us up at the airport; rooms were like new, clean and beautifully furnished; fitness room; fresh breakfast in the morning.

Cons: Staff took awhile to appear at check-in and seemed overwhelmed during check-out next morning. The hotel did not have enough shuttles the next morning to get everyone to the cruise port / airport in a timely fashion. Location is not ideal for walking. There are restaurants but you must walk up to 1 mile along busy highways to find a good variety of places. Finally, there were clear signs of walk-in sex trafficking. After using the fitness room, I shared the elevator with a rough looking dude who escorted a young woman to a room just down the hall from us, and then waited by the elevator. There's no way they were staying at the hotel. I was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. It may not be possible for the front desk to screen everyone who walks in. I do not plan on staying here again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Fort Lauderdale Airport South Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!