“Good value for a standard room” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Fort Lauderdale Airport South Inn & Suites

You added BEST WESTERN PLUS Fort Lauderdale Airport South Inn & Suites to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS Fort Lauderdale Airport South Inn & Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1900 Stirling Rd, Dania Beach, FL 33004   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Stay 2X get $50 gift card
Ranked #11 of 18 Hotels in Dania Beach
New England
“Good value for a standard room”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

The hotel grounds are kept nicely, so are the lobby and the common areas including the pool and computer room. The hallways really need new carpeting and paint to get rid of the old, musty smell. The rooms are pretty good considering the low rates. The front desk staff members are very good and helpful.

The breakfast is pretty good, just not fancy.....some heat-n-eat egg rounds, a meat dish like bacon or ham, waffles, cereal, toast and muffins, fruit, etc. If you are a light sleeper get a room away from the highway.

There is a restaurant across the street named Las Vegas which is very good, a local chain of 12 locations with Cuban foods otherwise you will need a car to get to any store or other restaurants.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Desiree M, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Fort Lauderdale Airport South Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and found the staff to be helpful and breakfast good. We are working on the carpets in the hallways so that should no longer be an issue for our guests soon. Thank you for the tips for other guests regarding the nearby restaurants as well. We hope to see you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

Pictures are very deceiving! Pictures online really are beautiful but oh the pictures online are not appears to be in real life once you check in the hotel. Bleach stain in the hallway to the room, laundry room just nasty along with the elevator! The room it self was not properly cleaned! No face towels and dirty linen. The front desk clerks were real nice but this hotel does not meet the quality standard at all. Will never stay here again and would not recommend to any one!

• Stayed August 2012
Desiree M, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Fort Lauderdale Airport South Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 1, 2012
We are very sorry that your did not enjoy your stay with us. We are in process of investigating the issues you discussed in your review. We always appreciate feedback and thoroughly investigate any issues that we hear of to ensure that we address the concerns so that future guests will not incur the same issues. We do hope you will try us again in the future. We are glad that you enjoyed our staff. Again we apologize for the inconveniences you experienced and will make sure that all concerns are addressed.
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

Clean hotel overall. Breakfast area very nice. They had water and lemonade during the day. Breakfast selection pretty good. Our room had a fridge, which was nice because we could keep our drinks cold. Very spacious. The elevators can get a bit busy in the mornings, but other than that, it was a pleasant experience. Very convenient. Right off the freeway. Staff was friendly. Free computer/internet & printer service in the business center. We did have an issue with not being able to connect to the internet in our room and they offered to move us to a different room, but didn't bother with the hassle. Bathroom was clean. Looks like it was renovated recently, so the shower/tub was nice. Parking was convenient too.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Desiree M, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Fort Lauderdale Airport South Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Dear Angelilez,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review for our hotel. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and enjoyed the lemonade provided during the day and our friendly staff. I apologize for the issues you had concerning internet connection in your room and can assure you that we have addressed it to ensure that it does not continue to be an inconvenience in the future. Again thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you again in the future.
Jacksonville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

The hotel seemed clean, but our room did have some funky smell. The beds are comfortable, and there is a fridge which is always a plus. They have breakfast, computer with printer, and a free airport shuttle. It's not the best location if you don't have a car. There is nothing in walking distance except one shopping plaza that does have 2 restaurants, and there is another restaurant across the road. Alex at the front desk was very friendly and helpful. But the shuttle driver who picked us up from the airport was so late. I know it's a free shuttle, but when I called I was told it runs every 30 minutes, and it was before 5:00 so I was thinking good, it should be here soon. But it didn't get there until a little after 6! I'm baking in the hot Florida heat, I don't appreciate waiting over an hour...

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
bwbridgeport, Property Revenue Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Fort Lauderdale Airport South Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 7, 2012
Thanks for taking the time to fill out a review and post it. Glad you enjoyed parts of the hotel and sorry to read there were some that you did not enjoy. I will pass these comments along to the management team so that they can be addressed.
Brooklyn, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

Stayed 7/29/12 in room 607 with husband and son following a seven night cruise on Royal Caribbean's Allure of the sea. Our pre cruise stay was at a Holiday Inn. I am a rewards club member and am usually loyal to them. This was my first time in a BW hotel. I booked them when I was browsing and saw that they had a one day sale. Also I thought the hotel looked really nice, and I like how close it was to I95. The grounds were immaculate and there was ample free parking.
We arrived early around noon and was told our room was not going to be ready before 3PM. Which was check in time. Other travelers were waiting also. The lobby was very practical and spacious. Right off the lobby there was a dining area which served free lemonade. I thought that was nice. Ray, the manager was helpful, seem to take his job seriously. But I noticed a tinge of aloofness. I guess its just his personality and I did not mind. He assisted us in storing our luggage. We used their internet and charged our cellphone while we waited.
Our room was ready before 3PM. Thank goodness. The room was facing the front of the hotel with a view of I95. I immediately turned off the AC because it was to cold. The room was spacious, modern and well appointed with a fridge and microwave. I noticed that the areas of the carpet with lighter hues like off white or light beigh, if you looked close enough you can see dirt. But you had to be looking for it. Also I found a few brown hairs in the bathroom near the sink. But a few hairs does not a bad stay make. I was not alarmed because I found hairs, a black bra, a wallet and an underwear in my stateroom on the Allure of the seas. I always bring my own gloves and disinfectant wipes when I travel, so these things don't make me neurotic. I can handle anything except bedbugs. And I have not had the misfortune of encountering any. I really liked the bathroom. There was a retractable clothes line and I liked the faucet. The toilet seat was a bit crooked.
The TV was a flat screen with the usual offerings. The remote is a "clean remote" which makes it easy to disinfect. We opened the window to get a nice breeze. I did not mind the sound of I95. It was actually soothing. When the window is closed you can't hear it. The bed was very comfy too.
The free breakfast was the best I have seen thus far. There was a waffle maker, crossiants, potatoes, sausage, eggs, bagels, yogurt, fruit... I was very impressed. The only thing that ruined breakfast was one of the staff, Carolina. Breakfast ended at 9AM. I got there at 850 AM. I sought her assistance with the waffle maker. But she was abrupt, dismissive and did not provide assistance. Her response to me was,"well breakfast ends at nine." I was about 855 AM. I could not understand this attitude. Then, she was restocking the plastic utencils and I said excuse me and took a spoon. It seemed to bother her, she stopped and let out an audible sigh. The other employee in the breakfast area was very helpful. But Carolina appeared to be in a bad mood. It made me feel like I was in her personal dining space. I was disturbed enough that I made a complaint at the desk to Edward.
Inspite of that experience. I had a pleasant stay. I really like this hotel. I know that there are grumpy people everywhere. We had asked for late checkout and was given an extra hour. So we checked out at 12 noon on the dot. We had a late flight and was going shopping til then. BTW there is Marshalls, BJs, Ross, Office depot, Home Goods, K Mart, Walgreens, Mc Donalds and many more stores within walking distance. I did not visit or use the pool.

Room Tip: Make your room request and preferences known when you are booking.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
First, thanks for taking the time to fill out and submit a review about your stay with us. I am sorry to read you had a bad experience with breakfast the next morning and thank you for mentioning that to the hotel management so that it can be addressed.
New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

Stayed for one night, very easy to find from I95. Room was clean, clerk was very helpful. My only problem with this hotel were the dirty carpets in my room and throughout the hotel. Price was also very reasonable.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
bwbridgeport, Property Revenue Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Fort Lauderdale Airport South Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
Sorry to hear you found the carpets dirty, I will make sure your comments are passed along to the Management Team. I would like to thank you for taking the time to fill out and submit a review.
Canton, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

Recently stayed here while on a trip to Ft. Lauderdale. Great service and our room was very clean. I would use this hotel in the future. My only complaint would be the location is on a one way road, so getting in can be a little tricky. The staff had a great deal of patience with our multiple questions as it was our first time in the area.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
bwbridgeport, Property Revenue Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Fort Lauderdale Airport South Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
Thanks for your recent stay with us and for taking the time to submit a review, glad to read you enjoyed the property.

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Fort Lauderdale Airport South Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!