Save Saved
You added BEST WESTERN PLUS Fort Lauderdale Airport South Inn & Suites to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS Fort Lauderdale Airport South Inn & Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1900 Stirling Rd, Dania Beach, FL 33004   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Low Rate, Guaranteed
Ranked #11 of 17 hotels in Dania Beach
“Nice hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2012

I was put in a hotel by my airline after I was bumped from a flight. The free shuttle from the airport was not available, so the hotel told me to take a cab, for which they would reimburse me. They did with no problems. There are several "suite" hotels within a few blocks of this hotel. My room was very clean and nice - granite counters, fancy sink, nicely decorated. It's not quite as nice as as the nearby Hilton, though. I think the airline paid over $200 for my room, which seems ridiculous to me. I would not have paid that much for this room. They may have been taken advantage of, though. The breakfast in the morning leaves a bit to be desired, but you can't expect much for free.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo

543 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Boulder CO
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2012

We stayed here for our pre-cruise stay for one night. We had to wait 45 minutes for the shuttle which is understandable because it was a busy cruise weekend. We booked a non-smoking room and when we got here he said that we had a smoking room booked and that is all he had left. We reserved a non-smoking room 3 months ago and arrived at the hotel at 6 PM at night and the assistant manager still said that they were overbooked and had nothing else available.

The hallway reeked and our room was so disgustingly bad that we got physically ill standing in it. We returned to the lobby and said it was unacceptable and they promptly gave us another smoking room even though he had just said they had nothing else available. The second room was more tolerable but it was still an obvious smoking room. We had no choice to accept this because we needed a place to stay and had already paid. The room was filthy and the hallway carpet was disgusting with burn marks and stains all over it. The elevators had so much dirt in them, it looked like it hadn't been swept or cleaned in months.

We know we booked a non-smoking room and didn't receive it. We were told nothing else was available at 6 PM at night. Then I asked about restaurants and stores around and he said there weren't any. I looked on the Google maps and there was plenty enough around.

There was a small bar in the lobby and I asked how much a beer was and the bar attendant said "I don't know, $4 something". How could you not know how they were when you are selling them? He had just completed an order to another group of the exact thing I was asking about.

I will never stay in this hotel again and never assume that what I have booked is what I'll receive. I do not know how this hotel is rated 3 stars on other sites because it was no better than a 2 star and I have stayed in cleaner and better smelling 2 star hotels.

For the price we paid, we definitely feel ripped off.

Room Tip: Definitely call and confirm smoking or non-smoking room preference.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
bwbridgeport, Property Revenue Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Fort Lauderdale Airport South Inn & Suites, responded to this review, January 13, 2012
First thank you for taking the time to fill out a review, I am very sorry to hear you did not enjoy your stay or the hotel, I will pass your concerns along to the management team, the Bar just opened a couple weeks ago but that is not a excuse for the staff not knowing prices, again thanks for the review.
NSW Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2012

Our family of 4 spent 1 night here in transit between Nassau and Kansas City.
This hotel exceeded my expectations - I expected it to be clean and comfortable, but it was actually quite attractive and roomy.

We were upgraded to a suite and appreciated the extra space. Staff were pleasant and helpful. The shuttle bus was prompt and efficient. We enjoyed the yummy Cuban restaurant just across the road, there is also a little mini-mart sort of thing in the lobby where you can buy drinks, snacks and basic food like 2 minute noodles, sandwhiches and microwave burritos (in case you are too tired to cross the road to the Cuban restaurant). The complimentary breakfast in the lobby was very good and even included a make-your-own waffle maker. Good value.

Watch out for long distance phone charges. A 20 minute call to Kansas cost me $20. (Didn't have a cell phone as we are from Australia and our cells don't work in the USA).

Would highly recommend as a great hotel to stay in transit - and will happily stay here again.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
It was a pleasure to read you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for taking the time to fill out a review.
Calgary, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at this locale on Dec 23 and Jan 1st, 2011/12 pre and post cruise. For this purpose, this locale was fine as we overnighted only.

It was rated as low for affordability as the rooms at this time of the year are generally expensive.

Rooms are very basic, although fairly new construction are starting to show wear and tear. Rugs were worn in our rooms and room central air was a window mounted unit which could'nt keep up. When checking in for our 2nd night, the staff was great in getting us in early, but our room was still dirty..floors not vaccuumed, linen in pore shape and they were quick in relocating us to another one.

Location to airport and port terminals were a short distance. Hotel had a handy shuttle which picked us up at airport when we called. It also delivered us to the port. Make sure you sign up on the shuttle list at the front desk upon your arrival. Also note that the hotel shuttle will NOT pick you up at the port, so take a $30 taxi ride.

There is a mini mall approx two blocks away with TJ's and K Mart, a McD's, and across the street is a small restaraunt call Las Vegas Cuban Food which was excellent.

Taxis from this location to other than the port or airport is costly, so consider a car rental which is much cheaper...we used Gold Coast rental, which was great and recommended by staff.

I also noted the first photo on this site is not from this hotel.

• Stayed December 2011
Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review about your stay with us.. I am very sorry to hear you foung housekeeping issues within your room. I will make sure this is passed along to our management team.
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2011

Nice hotel for the price. Free shuttle pickup at the airport was timely and they provide shuttle service to the port for $8 p/p. Certain areas of the hotel could use some new carpet and furniture but still decent enough to feel comfortable. Good breakfast too...I would stay again.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
bwbridgeport, Property Revenue Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Fort Lauderdale Airport South Inn & Suites, responded to this review, January 3, 2012
Thanks for filling out a review about your stay it is good to hear you enjoyed our property.
Raleigh, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2011

We stayed here on our way to catch a cruise. THe internet was a bit slow and the swat team entered while we were in the lobby so we were a bit nervous..... However, the service was decent and the breakfast was ok for the money. When we call the hotel to have a shuttle pick us up from the airport, the customer service representative seemed to have a bit of an attitude,

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
First I would like to thank you for taking the time to complete a review about our property. We have had some issues withe the Internet Speed but it is currently being addressed and will be upgraded. I will pass your concerns along to the management staff regarding the attitude of the front desk, I am really sorry to hear that. Again thanks for staying with us and taking the time to fill out a review.
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2011

This was our second pre-cruise stay at this hotel and we would definitely return. We previously had what we felt wasn’t the best experience during our three-night stay at this property and reported as such…believe past management may have been the issue; can’t really say. We decided to return for a second three-night stay and brought friends knowing that this property was worth a second try.

This second visit was great. The staff was accommodating and cheerful. The rooms were clean and well stocked. We felt welcomed and that they were pleased to have us as guests in their hotel. The morning breakfasts were just right. Thank you for a wonderful return visit and we’ll see you again next year I am certain!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the "nursery side" as this will keep you off the freeway side of the hot...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
bwbridgeport, Property Revenue Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Fort Lauderdale Airport South Inn & Suites, responded to this review, December 12, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review. We have made a lot of changes at the property over the past couple months and will continue to improve on our property and the services offered.

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Fort Lauderdale Airport South Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!