Our family spent a few hours here and really enjoyed ourselves.
1. Very unique attraction. You will never get this close to lions, tigers, baboons, bears, Florida Panthers at any other attraction. You wont find any other attraction where you can play and cuddle with a baby tiger, coyote, feed a bear etc
2. NO CROWDS! You tour with a group of 10-20 people during your stay, probably less in the low season. You never felt crowded. No lines .
3. Photo package is quite reasonable. $25 for the photographer to take photos of you. Its best to travel in a group because one photo package pays for all the photos (not per person)
4. The guides were very laid back and tried to get the animals to interact with the visitors. There was no "corporate" stiffness youll see at Disney, Busch Gardens or large zoos. The staff and owners have a better connection with their patrons
5. We appreciated the snack stations along the way. $1 soda and .50 cents snacks were really reasonable. They dont price gouge like EVERY other park youll visit
1. 2 hours is too long to walk around for older people. There is too much standing while listening to the guide talk about a bird or a monkee. 1:20 would be more appropriate.
2. The gestapo staff wont let you make a phone call or Google something on your cell phone. I understand the no camera rule, they want to sell photo packages. But if someone already paid for the package, let us take a little video of our kid.
If youre visiting the Tampa/Orlando area, this park is well worth the visit. Book the basic package tour, and add at lease one animal encounter. The baby tiger is adorable. Patrons get about 20-30 minutes with the tiger which is split among the group. We had an awesome time.
We will always remember our visit to Dade City Wild Things
If you own or manage Dade City's WIld Things, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.