“pros and cons” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 9 attractions in Dade City
Type: Zoos
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Dade City's WIld Things is a non-profit sanctuary zoo and natural botanical gardens. Stop by and visit our Dade City Gift Shop, featuring a zoo animal theme, While waiting for our authentic trolley to take you on a short ride to the zoo to experience a once in a lifetime, walking tour of over 150 animal exhibits. Hours of Operation: Tues - Sat. Gift Shop & Ticket Sales: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM 'Sunken Jungle Trek' Tours: 9:30 AM and 2:00 PM. Also offer 'Jungle Safari riding Tour: 9:00 AM - 10:30 AM - 1:30 PM - 3:00 PM Visit our website for more info.
Orlando, Florida
“pros and cons”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

If you enjoy seeing animals than this is the place to be! I would say that the tour is UNNECESSARILY very long. They could have sped up the 2 hour tour into 45 minutes. I believe that they have the tour so long so the tiger cubs get a bit of rest before their encounter. If that's the case they should start the tour later. The tour was so awkward because the guide would say a sentence, pause for 2 minutes, say another sentence and so forth. I just wanted to ask 'can you hurry up?'. People who just went for the tour and didnt pay for the tiger encounter dont get the full experience. I think it would be boring if it wasnt for the encounter. I wish the encounter was longer. I think it was maybe 5-10 minutes. I loved my pictures but I had to crop so many because the trainer was in all my picks. They cant find a way to not ruin peoples pictures?Also I dont think an encounter is worth it if they are not baby cubs because even at 4 months you cant hold them and that's what I wanted to do :(

Visited March 2013

Dade City, Florida
“animals”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

dade city's wild things has an interesting park loaded with a variety of animals, several were rescued and well cared for now

Visited November 2012
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Good, but won't be wasting my money going back.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

It's been my life long dream to play/touch tigers and when I found out that this place did it, I was 100% on board especially since it was for my birthday. I live in Fort Lauderdale, so we drove 3 1/2 hours to go ahead with this experience. Boy, was I disappointed. First we did the Sunken Jungle tour, it was so heart breaking to see all these animals living in such small cages. Then for the Tiger encounter, first off.....it was a private encounter with 4 of my friends (5 total) and we paid for double time so it was basically almost $600 for the encounter. They brought the cub out and started to feed her with the bottle and we all quickly took pictures with the cub. After they gave us a toy to play with her but we weren't allowed to touch her so we were all just basically standing around watching her. There was 3 trainers in total there and NONE of them have people skills, they BARELY talked to us (only one girl was talking because I was asking her questions so it wont be so awkward). The three trainers were in their own little world and at one point they were the ones playing with the tiger while the 5 of us were just standing around....we did NOT just pay $600 to watch THEM play with a tiger. Then the photographer (they have one because you're not allowed to take pictures there) didnt even take out a lot of pictures. He too was caught up talking to the trainers while he was suppose to be taking pictures of us playing with the tiger. There was a lot of photo ops that he missed because he just wasnt paying attention. I only gave this place 2 stars because of the tiger, she was beautiful but I was so disappointed with the trainers and how they made us feel like we were bothering them by being there. I honestly won't ever be going back there, I wouldn't give my business back to them.

Visited March 2013
West Brookfield
7 attraction reviews
“A happy surprise for animal lovers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

We were visiting friends in the area and were just looking to pass an afternoon. We weren't expecting much. A little zoo in Dade City seemed a bit too hokey. When we found the small house where they sell tickets and start the tour, our expectations sank even lower. It's a bit shabby and (to us) not very professional looking. Prices were pretty high, we thought. But, we laughed, got on the trolley and off we went. The trolley pulled into what looked like someone's yard and we laughed a little more - definitely hokey. From that point on everything changed. We were met by a young, but very knowledgeable, man who gave us a guided tour of some of the most beautiful animals we had seen at any zoo - Bengal Tigers, Siberian Tigers, lions, leopards, monkeys, deer, etc. Most of the animals were in pairs and were full grown (huge). Cages were primarily chain link and seemed very clean. Because it was a guided tour, you were very close to every animal and the guide had a story and a wealth of information at every cage. This is not a tour for young children. The tour moves slowly. But, it is a fascinating time for teens and adults who love animals. They also had special tours to pet baby tigers, etc. Recommended.

Visited January 2013
NJ
19 attraction reviews
“A lifelong dream come true”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I've always wanted to touch a tiger my entire life. When I saw this place on TV I knew I had to go. We planned a trip to Florida to swim with a tiger. I loved the experience. I did the tiger encounter with Katness and the swim with Petra. My husband and I were lucky since it was just the two of us for the swim. We couldn't stop smiling. The tiger cub was friendly and playful. I never felt afraid and the tiger cub enjoyed the swim. We also loved that we fed the bears, buffalo and deer (goats just weren't hungry). It's an amazing experience to tell friends and family about and I was amused by the various reactions. Many people seemed to think I was crazy for doing this. I think they are crazy for NOT wanting to do this. The day we went wasn't crowded at all. There was only 5 of us for the walking tour and just my husband and I for the trolly tour. We loved that they took the pictures since we have so many beautiful pictures with me and my husband together. Since we did three things (walking tour, swim and trolly tour) we had to take the trolly back to the office between each. We didn't mind. There were 2 very friendly cats in the office who enjoyed being pet. I bought a beautiful tiger shirt.

Visited January 2013