“Loved seeing all the animals!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 19 things to do in Dade City
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Go on a high-quality, guided safari on a working exotic game ranch in Tampa Bay, Florida.
ILLINOIS -USA
22 attraction reviews
“Loved seeing all the animals!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

I really enjoyed my trip to Giraffe Ranch. The animals seem happy and well cared for. I think the husband and wife team who run the ranch were so friendly love what they do and both are very informative in so many areas. It was a little pricey and feeding the Lemurs I thought was over priced but it was such an amazing experience I couldn't pass it up and recommend it for everyone to try it. If you are not an animal lover or have never dreamed of doing a safari ride this might not be for you. But if you can't resist animals this is for you. They definitely do not rush you everything is very laid back and easy going. Also there are only a certain number of people per visit so you are not competing with tons of people for a look at the animals. It is a little off the beating path but well worth it. This is a great family day trip!

Arlington, VA
3 attraction reviews
“Awesome experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

My wife and our friend both wanted to do this. Me...not so much. But in the end, I was the one who couldn't stop talking about it. lol. We all had an excellent time. It was cool to hear about the animals before we started our ride. We fed the lemurs which was my highlight of the whole thing. Feeding the giraffe's was cool as well.

A few things, please make sure you look at a map before you go there. You can easily get lost if you don't pay attention. My phone's GPS system got us there without an issue. I compared it to google maps as well just in case. Make sure you bring sunscreen if its sunny outside. Although the ride is covered, you can still get sunburn on your arms and/or back.

Overall, we had a great time. The staff was friendly, they were knowledgeable and they didn't hesitate to answer any questions.

Tampa, Florida, United States
“Amazing experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

This was an absolutely amazing experience, truly one of a kind! I highly recommend it to anyone considering it. I think everyone has been to "safari/petting zoo" type places and think they know what this is and what it is going to be like (I did), and couldn't be further from the truth. The facilities are amazing, the animals and grounds are well cared for, the enclosures are large and spotless. The animals have so much room to run and play, it is just a beautiful thing to see. Owner are lovely and knowledgeable people, just wonderful!

Dade City, Florida, United States
“INCREDIBLE Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

My family and booked a private tour today at Giraffe Ranch, and all of our expectations were exceeded! There were 16 of us and every one of us were truly impressed. The knowledge that the owners have of these animals is truly amazing. Although we live locally, I am ashamed to say this was our first visit and can't believe we waited this long. It is an African Safari in our own backyard. The personal interaction you get with these animals is an experience of a lifetime. Thank you Giraffe Ranch for creating unforgettable family memories!!

Clermont, Florida
19 attraction reviews
“Incredible Hands on Experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

Incredible! I love Giraffes and it was an awesome experience to be this close to them. We hand fed several of the Giraffes including a baby. There were numerous other types of animals including Forrest Hump the camel, ostrich, warthogs, hippos, lemurs, monkeys, zebra, one of which was not quite one week old... and more. We rode in vehicles around the property to view the animals up close and personal. Although you do have the option of taking the tour by camel back. There is also an area where you can feed the lemurs. The personnel at the park were very informative. I highly recommend this as a must see! I know we will definitely visit the park again.