“Unknown Treasure!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 17 Attractions in Dade City
Type: Ranchs, Ranch & Farm
More attraction details
Owner description: Go on a high-quality, guided safari on a working exotic game ranch in Tampa Bay, Florida.
Orlando, Florida
6 attraction reviews
“Unknown Treasure!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

My children's elementary school visited this wonderful attraction and I volunteered as a chaperon. I went in not expecting to much, however, I was amazed.
Lets start with their location, way off the beaten path and nowhere near any other attractions. I recommend bringing a canoe or kayak so you can paddle the Withlacoochee River the next day since your already out in the sticks and it seems like its the only other activity in the area.
We were the only folks touring the animals so we never felt rushed. The owners love and take wonderful care of each and every animal and it shows. These were not caged and defeated animals, they were happy to see their owners and lively playing with each other.
I especially enjoyed having the pin point focus on education and conservation.
When you go spend the extra money and feed the Lemurs. My two boys loved it, keep talking about it, and want to go back right away.

Sarasota, FL
“A delightful experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised to find that Giraffe Ranch is much more than a petting zoo. There are a number of exotic (and not so exotic) animals available for viewing. For an additional fee one can feed ring tailed lemurs or ride camels. The main attraction is a "safari" ride across the ranch to view the numerous animals-zebras, rhinoceros, deer, and of course giraffes. A high point of the tour is the opportunity to feed the giraffes, while keeping an eye out for the too inquisitive ostriches and a dog with a strange attraction to cabbage. In spite of the opportunity to commune with giraffes, view a 400 year old tree, or see my first zedonk, the best part of the tour was the commentary of the tour guide and owner. With a background as a zoologist, our guide provided unique insights and humorous commentary throughout the tour. His contribution made this experience truly informative and enjoyable.

Tallahassee
“What a great time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

We went with another couple to visit the Giraffe Ranch in Dade City, FL. We had a wonderful time and so enjoyed being taught by such educated and animal loving individuals. Recommend this place to any and all and look forward to visiting their Safari Wilderness in a few months.

Visited April 2013
Alex S, Manager at Giraffe Ranch, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Fantastic! We appreciate you recommending us! Hope to see you again soon!
Spring Hill, Florida
9 attraction reviews
“Special Mothers Day Treat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

My family knowing how much I like giraffes treated me on Mothers Day at Giraffe Ranch. What a great experience! The safari tour took you out onto their 50 acre property which was filled with animals from Africa and Asia. The guides were very informative and educational and the safari bus stopped at each type of animal to give you the opportunity to see them up close and personal. And of course you had the opportunity to feed the giraffes from the bus. For an extra fee you could go into the lemurs cage to feed them, which my daughter loved. The cost was a little high for three adults,comparable to a Florida theme park, but we spent over 2 1/2 hours there so it was worth the cost.

Alex S, Manager at Giraffe Ranch, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
We're so glad to hear you had a nice Mother's Day at our ranch! We hope to see you again!
st. pete fl
“New Customer Service, please”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

I am sure it is very fun once you get in there. I couldn't get past the "lady" that answered the phone. I tried talking with her three times to schedule an appointment. She was rude, un-cooperative and sarcastic. I finally got to the point where I wanted to throw my cell phone. At that point I realized that I didn't want to spend my money there. Good luck with that. I hope she's nicer to the animals than she is to potential customers.

Visited April 2013
Alex S, Manager at Giraffe Ranch, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We apologize for your frustrations during the booking process. We must work expediciously and efficiently when we are on the phone. Not all of our guests have the necessary information we require to book their reservation when they call. To some this may prove frustrating, but is a necessary process for our reservation system. We ask our guests to understand our directness is not intended not to be rude.