“Hidden Gem in Tampa” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 17 Attractions in Dade City
Type: Ranchs, Ranch & Farm
More attraction details
Owner description: Go on a high-quality, guided safari on a working exotic game ranch in Tampa Bay, Florida.
Palm Harbor, FL
11 attraction reviews
“Hidden Gem in Tampa”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

If it hadn't been for Groupon, I probably would have never heard of the Giraffe Ranch. They had a good deal on there so I decided to purchase it and check it out. When we got there, we were first a little skeptical, but once we got inside we knew that this was going to be fun. We pad the extra $20 to feed the lemurs (worth it in my opinion). After that, it was on to the tour lead by owners (husband and wife) around the entire ranch. It was a blast, they were very knowledgable, also let us feed the giraffes, hippos, warthogs, ostriches, zebras, and horses. This is a great place for everyone to go and check out.

Visited September 2011

West Palm Beach, Florida
“Bought their Groupon - SO glad I did”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2012

I bought a Groupon package for the camel ride for my husband as a Christmas gift. I just went today and it was AMAZING. My husband and I rode on separate camels for an hour tour around their very large ranch. There is even a little petting zoo with goats, turtles, pigs, guinea pigs, and various birds. We got very up close and personal with zebras, giraffes, rhinos, ostrichs, warhogs, hippos, capyberra, lemurs, etc...We even got to feed a family of giraffes, the pics came out great. Great memories for us!

We were very impressed the tour and staff. The staff was very knowledgeable and enthusiastic. We were very happy with our experience. You'll love it there. A wonderful place for families!

Orlando, FL
6 attraction reviews
“You may want to move in!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

Hand feed lemurs, birds, and giraffes! Where else can you do that? Not a big "touristy" place, which is nice for central Florida. Yes, it's a working farm (you can buy eggs from their chickens!) These people truly care for the Earth and its residents. They're educated, compassionate, and will answer any and all questions enthusiastically. If you love animals and respect their roles on the planet, make the drive. Call for a booking though- don't just show up.

Woodbridge, New Jersey
25 attraction reviews
“Wonderful experience and great learning”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

I did not know giraffes slept for 5 to 30 mins a day, or that reddish skin color of animals mean that it is a deep forest species with the cat family as its predator (they confuse red with the surrounding green), or that ostrich chicks are so dumb that they need to learn to feed every day when they are young. The entire visit was almost like an Animal Planet / Nat Geo experience.

We got to see animals comfortably roaming around that you normally would have to go to great lengths to see for close quarters. The giraffe or the Indian rhino, for example. I also saw demonstrations of use of principles of sustainable use of the land. If you are interested in animals there is no way you will not like the the time you spend there.

You MUST call in for reservations and expect to leave a message. They always call back. Carry cash or personal checks, credit cards are not accepted. The gift shop is good so budget for some expenses there. The camel ride and the lemur feeding carry additional charges - but you will not feel left out even if you don't sign up for them (we did not.)

We had spend the previous night at Dade City, but you can comfortably do a day trip from anywhere in the Tampa Bay region. I got a reservation for the 11 o'clock slot - and I would prefer that to the 2 o'clock one.

Land O Lakes, Florida
47 attraction reviews
“Giraffe Ranch was so much more that we expected.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

Great place to visit. Reservations are required. We enjoyed every minute of our visit. We saw guinea pigs, porcupines, baby cow, turtles, monkeys, lorikeets, hippos, rhinos, giraffe, zebras, zedonk, and much more. We even took a 10 minute camel ride. The owners and the people that work there take lots of pride in what they do. Very educational for those of you with children. Will definitely do it again.

Visited March 2012