“"Fantastic"” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Cudjoe Key
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Thai, Asian fusion
Description: Innovative fresh local seafood. House Smoked Fish Dip is phenomenal, a definite "must try"!! Our Conch Chowder and our Key Lime Pie are also something you should not miss. We also have a great Square Grouper Fish Sandwich, 16 oz Grilled Ribeye (Certified Angus Beef!), Salads and lots of small plates to share...Flash Fried Conch with ponzu and wasabi.
Milford, Connecticut, United States
“"Fantastic"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2014

My family and I have been going to the Keys for over 12 years and this is by far my favorite restaurant. Great food, great service and a great atomsphere.

• Visited April 2014

Jacksonville, Florida, United States
“2 visits in short frame of time.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2014

My wife and I had the blue plate special and it was delicious and everything went great!!

Couple days later I have family "In Town" and decided on this jewel of a restaurant to present to my family. Joe's Meatloaf really shined........we did not care for the "perfumed" Ice Tea......I asked for a refill of Pepsi or Coke to avoid another glass of the Ice Tea.........without ANY provocation your "cold" tall blonde, friendly waitress cuts me down in front of my family and says "You will need to pay for that drink separate!".....I was speechless and my Mom immediately exclaimed about the waitress "That was so RUDE and uncalled for!"............ It will be a while before I visit your establishment again. I always tip 20 percent to my waitress/waiter but for this Cold Shark......I spilled 10 percent...........Fault me for not returning later in the day to address the waitress problem to management. Yes, I am a Local and ashamed of the treatment that your staff delivered to my family and I.

• Visited August 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Key West, Florida
“Best in the Keys”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2014

You will LOVE the atmosphere and service. The food is AMAZING ... only fresh, locally sourced ingredients in this place and you can taste the difference. Also check out their wonderfully priced blue plate lunches, you will not be disappointed!

• Visited July 2014
edinburg, texas
“Holy smoked fish!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2014

Blue plate is great and includes a brewski can't beat that! Additionally do yourself a favor and order a smoke fish dip for the table. It's amazing and you'll thank yourself for doing it. Enjoy I know we did :)

• Visited September 2013
“Great local recommendation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014

A local from Key West recommended Square Grouper to us and we are so glad we went. It has a cool, contemporary feel with a fabulous Asian fusion/seafood menu. Service, from hostess to bartender to server, was awesome - super friendly. Our server, Tracy, recommended the conch small plate (flash fried with a little wasabi cream drizzle and sesame/teriyaki sauce) - great flavors and perfectly cooked. My husband has a particular taste and didn't want anything fruity with his dish (like pineapple salsa) so he asked Tracy if he could have a simple fish dish. She asked if he would like a grilled fish (hogfish) with mashed potatoes, asparagus and a key lime butter sauce (not a dish on the menu) and it was exactly what he wanted. I had the chili rubbed scallops with asparagus and corn polenta cake - which was oh so good. The total for the app, both entrees and two beers with a 20% tip came to $105 - absolutely worth the meal, service and atmosphere!