I arrived at the hotel for a late check in. The gentleman at the front desk was very nice and showed me where my room was on the map. I made it to the room and when I walked in everything looked fine. I put my bag on the floor and noticed a bug on my arm. I flicked it off thinking that it was on me from when I walked in from the outside. Ummmm, NO. I went to take a shower and notice a couple more bugs in the sink and when I looked at them, they jumped. Still not really thinking anything about it, i jumped in the shower. I went back into the room and noticed that there was a flea on my leg and then on my arm. I immediately called the front desk and notified them that the hotel room had a flea infestation. I was told they would move me immediately and they did. I quickly grabbed my bag and ran out of the room to get the new key. I spent the rest of the evening in the new room going through my suitcase making sure the fleas were not in my suitcase. I did not get a lot of sleep.
To be fair, the hotel staff reacted appropriately and moved me immediately. He upgraded my room but sadly it was so late at night, the view he gave me was wasted on me but I appreciated the gesture. I did get to enjoy the view in the morning. My friend stayed at the hotel on following Friday and did not have any problems. I did tell her what room to stay away from just in case.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Plantation on Crystal River A hidden gem located on the Nature's Coast of Florida and the Gulf of Mexico, our beautiful 50-year-old eco-friendly and green luxury resort hotel's surrounded by the natural springs of Kings Bay. This bay, in Crystal River, is one of the largest spring systems in the state and home to more than 500 West Indian Manatees that migrate each year to the warmth of the springs. We sit on 232 acres of lush preserve land with emerald greens and grand oaks, and house hundreds of birds and wildlife that include: Osprey, Sandhill Cranes, Blue Heron, Red-Bellied Warbler, Yellow-Bellied Warbler, Neotropic Cormorant, Great Egret, Eagles and Grey-Horned Owls to mention a few. OUR HOTEL IS THE PLACE TO STAY & PLAY IN CRYSTAL RIVER, FL Centrally located from Tampa and Orlando, we are a great location for your next • Florida vacation • Corporate Meeting or Retreat • Florida golf vacation • Incentive Group • Florida Wedding • Family Reunion • Fraternal Groups Should you have frequent business in the Citrus County, we have corporate rates available. We have over 12,000 sq. ft. of flexible indoor meeting space and beautiful outdoor locations with water views a great backdrop for your special occasion, team building event, or to simply relax and take in the Florida Sunshine and perfect weather. Remember to visit Spa Bleu at Plantation while staying at the Resort to experience a moment of wellness at our first class Aveda Spa. Offering facials, massage therapy,body treatments, Vichy shower, pedicures, manicures, and a full hair-care Salon. And don't forget we are a world class fishing destination as well. Our Adventure center offers guided fishing charters as well and many other water based activities. Including our Trip Adviser top rated "Swim with the Manatee tours". We are the place to play and stay! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Choice Hotels, Orbitz, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your Plantation on Crystal River reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Plantation On Crystal River Hotel Crystal River
- Plantation Hotel Crystal River
- Plantation Resort Crystal River