We came for just one night and we found the hotel very clean and the staff very friendly and accommodating in every way. They upgraded us to a junior suite overlooking the water area and canals. The room was huge with a small fridge, microwave. They rooms are a little dated but fine. The sink did have some rusting around the drain. The grounds are beautiful and the pool area very nice but not amazing. This hotel is not over the top but much better than any Holiday Inn down the street which costs a little less than this one did. This hotel also takes AAA. The food at the restaurant was very good but the service was very slow. They actually brought us the wrong entrees and I think had to reorder,them again so it was a long wait. They did apologize but by the time we got our dinner, we weren't that hungry. We had the seafood special which was out of this world, the shrimp and grits, and the ribs. Again, the food was excellent but the wait was LONG!! With everything said, we would definitely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Plantation on Crystal River A hidden gem located on the Nature's Coast of Florida and the Gulf of Mexico, our beautiful 50-year-old eco-friendly and green luxury resort hotel's surrounded by the natural springs of Kings Bay. This bay, in Crystal River, is one of the largest spring systems in the state and home to more than 500 West Indian Manatees that migrate each year to the warmth of the springs. We sit on 232 acres of lush preserve land with emerald greens and grand oaks, and house hundreds of birds and wildlife that include: Osprey, Sandhill Cranes, Blue Heron, Red-Bellied Warbler, Yellow-Bellied Warbler, Neotropic Cormorant, Great Egret, Eagles and Grey-Horned Owls to mention a few. OUR HOTEL IS THE PLACE TO STAY & PLAY IN CRYSTAL RIVER, FL Centrally located from Tampa and Orlando, we are a great location for your next • Florida vacation • Corporate Meeting or Retreat • Florida golf vacation • Incentive Group • Florida Wedding • Family Reunion • Fraternal Groups Should you have frequent business in the Citrus County, we have corporate rates available. We have over 12,000 sq. ft. of flexible indoor meeting space and beautiful outdoor locations with water views a great backdrop for your special occasion, team building event, or to simply relax and take in the Florida Sunshine and perfect weather. Remember to visit Spa Bleu at Plantation while staying at the Resort to experience a moment of wellness at our first class Aveda Spa. Offering facials, massage therapy,body treatments, Vichy shower, pedicures, manicures, and a full hair-care Salon. And don't forget we are a world class fishing destination as well. Our Adventure center offers guided fishing charters as well and many other water based activities. Including our Trip Adviser top rated "Swim with the Manatee tours". We are the place to play and stay! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Choice Hotels, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your Plantation on Crystal River reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Plantation On Crystal River Hotel Crystal River
- Plantation Hotel Crystal River
- Plantation Resort Crystal River