“Pizza and Cuban food, what a combination!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #31 of 94 Restaurants in Crystal River
Cuisines: Italian
Homestead Florida
“Pizza and Cuban food, what a combination!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Stopped and ate on a recent trip up the coast. They have a cafeteria type of prepared Italian and Cuban food, plus you can order pizza freshly made for you with your choice of toppings. We ordered a pizza and it was very good, thin crispy crust with tasty toppings. Not your chain conveyer belt oven pizza, cooked in a real pizza oven. While eating our pizza, i noticed many patrons eating humongous plates of Cuban food, so I went and checked out the selection. Looked so good I ordered two plates to go. Had picadillo, yellow rice, plantains for one serving, and pork chuncks with the same sides for the other. After a night in the fridge, and getting zapped in the microwave, both were very, very good the next day, in fact better that most places I have eaten in South Florida. Go figure!!
The place is clean and the staff is very outgoing and friendly, as are the other patrons. It was a most enjoyable meal, and we will definitely return.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Hernando, Florida
“ALWAYS BUSY”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

It doesn't say outright, but this restaurant is a cafeteria style. You view your choice and choose. Choices change frequently. Nice selection of authentic Italian pastries.

Visited June 2012
Crystal River, Florida, United States
“A treasure.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

Natalia's is a secret gem in Crystal River, that is starting to not be as much of a secret anymore. The word is out that Natalia's has delicious food, huuuge--generous portions, friendly staff and great prices. For less than a crappy combo at a fast food restaurant, I can get a full plate of delicious Italian and Cuban food. The lunch special is under $6 and you can choose two items from the hot bar, plus salad and garlic knots. There are usually about 6 different entrees to choose from on the hot bar which change constantly, but often include cuban pork, italian pork, lasagne, picadillo and different pasta dishes. They also have great pizza and probably the best Cuban sandwich I have ever had. They also have a dinner hot bar.

Visited January 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“Wow, what a find!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

I was not expecting this in Crystal River. Walking in I overhead some of the employees speaking Italian, Ok I thought, they should know what they are doing. Lots of choices right there in plain view for you to look at. They were very persuasive about us ordering one of these items instead of something from the menu. Numerous choices and all looked very good. The food was excellent. Flavorful crust and fresh ingredients. I'm from Chicago and know pizza pretty well. This was all top notch. They served my large group quickly as well. The chef/owner? came out and greeted us, thanked us for our business and asked us to come again. I will. Plus, there is a small bakery in the restaurant to take a desert to go.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1,154 reviews 1,154 reviews
“Local and delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

I had a fabulous spinach and cheese Stromboli here after a morning of swimming, and it was probably the best I've ever had! The marinara sauce was fabulous, and the owners are super friendly--which counts for a lot in my book! Definitely give it a try. This is where the locals go, so you know it's where the good stuff is!

• Visited December 2012