“Manatee Tours” 4 of 5 stars

Type: Tours, Adventure
Crystal River, Florida
“Manatee Tours”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

I took visitors to Crystal River for a snorkel with manatees trip. We got wetsuits and snorkel equipment at the office and set out on our 3-hour tour. Even though it was basically past manatee season, Captain Dave was able to find several manatees for us to swim with. The best part was swimming into Three Sisters Springs. There we found several manatees of various sizes. Huge ones were resting on the bottom and coming up for a breath every few minutes. You can swim over the 3 springs--awe inspiring. Three Sisters is a well-known part of the Crystal River National Wildlife Refuge. Captain Dave also took us to several other sites around Kings Bay where we found quiet areas not often visited by tour boats. Our day was well worth it as the cost is quite low for the lifetime, awesome experience you get. I recommend them.

Charleston
3 attraction reviews
“Very affordable and fun!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014 via mobile

Called last minute after getting into town and Capt Dave was very accommodating and nice enough to get us in the schedule. The six person limit is very nice compared to the huge tour groups of 40+. Not a lot of manatees but it was the end of the season. Snorkeling Three Sisters spring almost alone with my 8 year old daughter was one of those beautiful father daughter experiences that don't happen often. Definitely worth the very reasonable rates and don't forget to show your gratitude with a nice tip!

Visited April 2014
“Best day ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014 via mobile

Very personal experience, Captain Dave was amazing, he was the best experience I've ever had with a tour guide. They have over 40 manatee diving tours in crystal river and after seeing how many people were on the other boats compared to ours was amazing. I loved the personal experience and truly had one of the best days ever!

I have been obsessed with manatees since I was younger and came to crystal river about 14 years ago to have this experience. I chickened out. I am so happy I gave it another go!! The manatee was all in our faces kissing and begging us to touch her. It was amazing!! Thank you Captain Dave you made my experience top notch!!!

Jacksonville, Florida
“A Blast with Capt. Dan & the Manatees!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

My husband and I just got off our first manatee snorkling tour and had a blast! Although the check-in building was a bit shabby, the staff and overall tour couldn't have been better!

The rental gear was all in good condition and worked well. The staff were all friendly and eager to share their knowledge and answer any questions, particulary our boat captain Dave. Over the 3 hour tour Dave made sure we had the best experience we could; stopping at 5 different snorkling locations so we could see and have interactions with lots of manatees. And we saw manatees! Lots of them! At the final location everyone on our tour (all 5 of us; a wonderfully small group allowed for a really intimate experience) got to have awesome interactions with at least 5 manatees, including one calf.

Overall I would 100% recommend Adventure Diving if you are interested in a fantasticly manatee-y experience!

P.S. Dave is the man.

Jacksonville, Florida
“Had a blast!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

Captain Dave was great. He was very knowledgeable about the manatee and the King's Bay area. The boat was in pretty good shape and the crew and staff were more than courteous. Other's reviewers mention the outside appearance of the building, but don't let it dissuade you. These were top notch folks. Other reviewers mentioned not being able to reach them on the phone. I never once had this problem. We first went out to Three Sisters Springs, but were limited on time due to the tide coming in fast. Captain Dave made up for this by offering all of us a 50% off coupon to return. He also scoured the bay looking for manatee at other springs for us to swim with. His knowledge and effort were commendable. My father and mother in law both rented wet suits for $10 and they appeared to be in decent shape. My wife and I did not and we both were fine with the water's temp. Be prepared for a ton of people at three sisters springs, but again don't let this dissuade you. Get your butt in there and have some fun. I was nose to nose with a manatee that swam up to me and my mother in law. We both got to pet it gently and you could tell the manatee liked it. I also got to touch another manatee that swam up to us. All in all well worth the trip if only for the three sisters spring experience alone.