“awesome” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 33 activities in Crystal River
Type: Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: River Ventures is a full service Manatee tour center located in beautiful Crystal River, Florida. Tours to swim and snorkel with the manatees in their natural habitat are conducted daily, year round (reservations in advance are highly suggested). Come join us on an exciting wild adventure to Swim with the Manatees in the Crystal River National Wildlife Refuge. Our highly experienced Guides will escort you into the refuge to the best locations for viewing, swimming, and snorkeling with the gentle Florida Manatees. River Ventures offers daily group trips of up to 12, and also offers private trips for both large and small groups including amenity full houseboat tours. Manatee Tours, Houseboat Tours, Kayak Rentals are available daily year round at River Ventures.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
minnesota
8 attraction reviews
“awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

My husband, our 4 kids (ranging in age from 6-15), and my mother & father-in-law just did this this morning. We did a private tour wit captain Shawn. What a great experience. We were the first group out this morning, & that was a bonus for us. We were out there all by ourselves for awhile. We saw tons (meaning hundreds) of manatees within literally the first 1/2 hour.

I booked with this company because of the reviews i read on here & they were right on. This is a good company to work with. Book the earliest tour of the day if you can, if you have enough people, I thought the private tour was really nice. The guide had lived there all his life & was very knowledgeable about the area & wildlife.

Dearborn, Michigan
“Best Mantee Tour company. Period.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

This was a great tour, the whole team was great from arriving and getting hot chocolate to getting suited up and staying with us for a guided tour of the springs. Capt. Sean was great, friendly, and very knowledgeable. Out of all the tour groups we saw and people this was by far the best choice to get a great experience and respect the Manatees way of life. I have already recommended to others and would do so again.

Saint Augustine Beach, Florida, United States
“Best Manatee Tour Guides”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

My boyfriend and I had a wonderful time with Captain Jan! She provided a once-in-a-lifetime experience for our entire group, took great pictures, and had hot chocolate to warm our shivers afterward! We went in early March on a very cold morning at 6:15am, but it was well worth it! This tour company keeps the groups small enough that you don't feel crowded, provides complimentary breakfast for the early risers, and basically takes care of everything - all you have to do is enjoy! It is worth every cent, including the picture cd at the end! After searching around, they seem to have the best deal in the area, and I believe the best experience as well!

Visited March 2013
“THE MOST INCREDIBLE, BREATHTAKING THING I'VE EVER EXPERIENCED!(besides giving birth to my children)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

This company by far is top notch. My husband and I did the 6:15am tour and drove in from Orlando.(not a bad ride to get there and easy to find) The staff we all very friendly and very knowlegable. We had captain Sean. He was very humerous yet so professional. The morning we went it was only 34 degress but the water being 72 degress made it feel like bath water. Our only stop was the 3 Sisters Spring. We stayed there the whole time because there were so many active and friendly manatees. The captain was able to capture pictures of the manatees kissing me and chewing in my braids! Once in a life time experience for sure! Worth every penny and more!!!

Laurinburg, North Carolina, United States
“Lifetime Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Most Professional manatee tour in Crystal River. Excellent equipment from the wetsuit you wear to the boats. I recommend the 6:15 AM tour to avoid the crowds that develop later in the day and request Capt. Mike. He is very knowledgeable and has a true love for the Manatees and his job.