“Great hotel in Crystal River, Florida!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Crystal River
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersSilver level
Saint Simons Island, Georgia
“Great hotel in Crystal River, Florida!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2011

Great value for travelers. Staff was super, from front desk to housekeeping. The breakfast was very well done. This was our first trip to Crystal River and the staff were very helpful as we planned our days in the area. We will be back!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2011

I've used Trip Advisor as a reference for years but never felt positively (or negatively!) motivated enough to submit a review, but this hotel has inspired me! I have visited #1 rated hotels from Trip Advisor multiple times before; however, this is the first time I completely agree with other reviewer's top ratings. I personally dread staying in hotels because they are never clean enough but this is the cleanest hotel I have ever stayed in-. It's noted by other reviews that this hotel is new but we all know new does not always equal clean. I believe the cleanliness of this hotel reflects the care and attention of the staff. I found the desk and house staff to be genuine, helpful, and accommodating- specifically Imran the manager. I lived in Florida for years but never visited the Crystal River area. I didn't know what I was missing!! On our short trip returning back from Orlando to Clearwater, we spent the day tubing the beautiful, crystal clear Rainbow River then checked into this hotel in the evening for an unbelievably comfortable night's rest. (The beds were so comfortable my elderly parents didn't want to leave them!) The next day we planned to go snorkeling with the manatee but our trip was delayed because of rain. I cannot tell you how grateful we were that Imran allowed us to wait out the storm with a late check out with no extra charge! When does that happen at a major hotel chain? Of course, the rain did clear (it's Florida after all!) I wouldn't expect to receive this courtesy if the hotel was in it's busy season but it is a example of how the staff at this hotel go above and beyond in accommodating their guests. I can't wait to go back to Crystal River for Christmas during Manatee season and I am looking forward to returning to this hotel.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Falmouth, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2011

The hotel is brand new and it shows! When I checked in the front desk person was extremely nice and went out of his way to help me. He gave me cookies and bottles of water and sent me on my way. My room was nice and clean and everything was new and modern looking. My room smelled a little weird but nothing that made me need to change rooms. It's a very quiet place so I heard every little noise outside which made it a little difficult to sleep. The modern AC unit didn't provide any background noise. In the morning there was a beautiful breakfast area with a complimentary breakfast. I was in the area for a manatee diving adventure so the hotel actually granted me a pretty late checkout when they found out. The parking lot is spacious and safe. The pool was beautiful but I didn't get to go in. There are quite a few restaurants in a short distance. Very nice overall!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Orlando, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

Staff was great. Room very clean. A great small property and the best value in Crystal River.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2011

Great free hot breakfast and good service despite being a busy weekend stay, staff extremely helpful and friendly, clean rooms, and great rate with the dive company we used. Would definitely recommend this hotel for great value and comfort.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2011

Friendly, helpful staff. Excellent breakfast. Clean and quiet comfortable rooms. What more do you need ?

• Stayed September 2011
Ocala, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2011

The best hotel in citrus county, central location, very clean. And staff is friendly and personable.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Holiday Inn Express Crystal River? Share your experiences!