“Delicious food, wonderful service” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: We are a Family Restaurant. We are Known for our Fried Shrimp Specials as well as the Best Hamburger in Citrus County. We Feature New England Whole Belly Clams, New Bedford Scallops, Maine Lobster. Alligator is also a Local favorite as well as Raw clams And Oysters. Our Clam Chowda is Wicked Awesome! Dan is from Manomet Mass.January 25th Dan's will be open for 20 years
Crystal River, Florida
“Delicious food, wonderful service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

Thoroughly enjoyed our visit to Dan's Clam Shack. We were greated promptly and chose a cozy table. The servers were friendly, prompt and did a great job. My husband and I both started with the clam chowder, and it was creamy, thick and the best that I've ever eaten. We shared the conch fritters, which were crispy outside with a creamy filling and then he chose the Captain's Platter while I ordered the Fresh Grouper Burger. The food came out piping hot and delicious from the kitchen and the server was friendly and attentive without being intrusive. I know that we will not only bring friends and family here, but also point it out to anyone who visitis as a great place to have seafood in Crystal River.

• Visited March 2014

“Best Place In Town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

My aunt took me there tonight after her initial first visit and let's just say I Love Love Loved it ... Staff was very friendly and the food was amazing . The best part is that Dan took the time out of his night and showed my family and kids the lobsters and taught us neat things about them. The environment was very welcoming . With no hesitation I definitely recommend to anyone looking for a nice seafood restaurant with a friendly environment.

Lecanto, Florida
“Fantastic Crabs and Food!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

My husband and I went last Saturday night with our two kids 9 and 10. I had a pound of Crab legs, they were sweet and full of meat, excellent. My husband had the Philly Cheese Steak, it was also excellent. I don't eat red meat, but I had a piece of my daughters huge hamburger and it was the best hamburger I have had, and my little guy had a simple Grilled Cheese Sandwich and he loved that too. The Fries were seasoned to perfection and done just right, nice and hot, and the Onion Straws were some of the best I have had in a long time, but they could have been hotter, they were a little too cool for my taste. My only suggestion to them is to step it up on the Iced Tea, it tasted like mud. The service was great and the atmosphere was great too. We are going out there to eat again tonight with my Niece and Nephew and their family. But I will order a coke this time....

• Visited March 2014
Crystal River, Florida
“Dan's doesn't take plastic”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

I don't carry money around so I rarely eat at Dan's. Why? Because Dan's doesn't take plastic. If he did I'd probably eat there once a week. Dan's is a true seafood shack although he also pushes his burgers. He does have good burgers but he is superb with his seafood in a fish stand sort of way. I have never been disappointed. His portions are good and everything is well cooked. I always go there for the opening of stone crab season. He gives the best deal. Dan is a good member of the local Crystal River community and supports many charities and worthy causes. He's good to talk to and available unlike some restaurant owners. He is not open on Sunday.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Spring Hill, Florida
“Fabulous shrimp and service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

I've passed by the restaurant dozens of times but was always too busy to stop. When my sister got a craving for shrimp, she found Dan's Clam Stand on the GPS while I was pumping gas. We went in, and the place was hopping!! Servers were practically dancing from the kitchen to the tables, but we were still greeted and told to sit anywhere.

Our server, Chris, was very pleasant and took my diet restrictions seriously, offering several different options that were not on the menu. My sister got her shrimp po'boy and loved it. Her onion rings were perfection. My grilled shrimp was amazing - the best I've ever tasted. Chris kept our glasses filled and was great!

Many more customers came in and some had to wait, but they didn't seem to mind. When they were told to plant their butt anywhere, they did! Cannot wait for my next trip through Crystal River at lunch time!

• Visited February 2014