“Yum!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 10 Restaurants in Cross City
“Yum!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

Absolutely delicious! Very fresh! A great lunch break while traveling and much better than any fast food. We got there right before noon on Sunday. By the time we left it was packed. Buffet with nice salad fixings, fried chicken, mac and cheese, mashed potatoes, green beans and greens, just to name the highlights. I would love to know how the greens were prepared. They were great.

Indiana
“Awesome Southern hospitality”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

Great southern style food at a reasonable price. We ate supper and breakfast there. Both times the food was wonderful.

Visited December 2013
Anna Maria Island, Florida
“An Excellent Old-Fashioned Buffet”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

PROS: We had the buffet when fried chicken and beef were served, both were delicious, as was everything else on the menu. Many, many items to choose from on the buffet, including salad fixings. Amazing for a place this size. Everything was super-fresh, service was out of this world, and the price cannot be beat. We went back for breakfast, and it was just as good, if not better. Two adult meals which could have fed 3-4 adults for less than $10.00.

CON: The decor.

• Visited November 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Orlando
“Won't stop again”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

We stopped in on Sunday 10/27 just before noon.
We love diners and always make an attempt to eat at non-chain restaurants.
The place wasn't that busy and there seemed to be at least three waitresses and a blonde woman that I'm assuming was the manager/owner.
They had a buffet set up and I'll be honest and say the food looked pretty good.
But alas I can't eat enough to justify the price of a buffet and my husband doesn't care for them at all.
Never fear we found a menu and decided to order off of it.
(note we had to "find" the menu it wasn't offered to us)
After being told to sit where we wanted we proceeded to wait about 10 minutes for someone to come and take our drink order. I asked for water with lemon in a to-go cup and husband did the same with his Diet coke. Another 5 minutes passed and another employee brought the drinks in regular cups....still no a big deal, we'll fix it before we leave.
Another 5 minutes pass and yet another waitress appears to ask if we're ready to order. We do so and she leaves. A good 10 minutes later my husband is looking out the window and asks....isn't that our waitress out there changing the sign? Sure enough there she is. No worries, surely someone will cover for her.
We hear the dinging of the bell. (you know the "order up" ding) Since we're sitting right by the drink station we can hear the conversation between two other's about how that is the ding for our waitress. Still no food. Just about the time, my husband was ready to get up and walk out, here comes our waitress in the door....ok...the food will come now. Another ding ding! Ok the food will come now. Nope, she stops and fills drink orders for three other tables!
What were these other employees doing there? It seems this poor waitress was having to do everything.
We even chuckled when one of the other patrons summomed, who we assume was the owner/manager, over with the prelude of ...."before you get real busy".....really? busy?
After yet another ringing of the now famous bell, our waitress brings us our food. Just as I thought....dried up bun on my cheeseburger and husband's ham steak was gettin pretty dry as well. This tells us the food had been sitting under the heat lamp all this time.
We were very hungry at this point so went ahead and ate it but even fresh it wouldn't have been that great.
But guess what....the bill came very quickly. But we never saw her again.
Because it didn't seem to be our waitresses fault that she was expected to do everything I still tipped her well.
I think the manager/owner knew that we were not happy because when she rang us up she barely acknowledged us and didn't ask how things were. Or.....it's another case of "we just don't care."
I can't say that I've felt this unwelcome in any other establishment. It's odd too because the sign out front said "Bikers Welcome".....I had a HOG shirt on and my husband had a Harley Davidson shirt on. I guess that wasn't true either.
The final straw was when I picked up a business card (so I would remember the name and address) and turned it over and it had tipping instructions stamped on the back. Tacky.

Next time we pass that way, we will be passing this place by.

• Visited October 2013