“$49.99 Average Hotel” 3 of 5 stars
Review of America's Best Value Inn

America's Best Value Inn
You added America's Best Value Inn to your Saves list
America's Best Value Inn
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   4255 South Ferdon Boulevard, I-10 exit 56 Hwy 85 S, Crestview, FL 32536 (Formerly Days Inn)   |
Hotel virtual tour
Special Offer
Stay 2+ Nights - Save 20%
Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Crestview
“$49.99 Average Hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012 via mobile

Got king bed room for $49.99 + tax. Around $54.00 total. For location its the cheapest on the main rd. Without going to a no name brand hotel. Location was good. Hotel had good not great but good Furniture and bedding. Would stay again if in area. Cleanliness was average. Hotel lobby was not to pretty. Room was ok. If was in a smaller town and not in fl the room would have been $39.99 im sure.

• Stayed October 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Hazelwood, MO (St. Louis)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

I needed a place to stay as it was beginning to rain and my phone showed red down the road. I called 3 motels from my GPS and headed for the cheapest one. On my way I saw "This Place". As I have a "Value Club" card with ABVI, I figured, why not. It is close to I-10, but hard to find the entrance. I asked the price and it was the same as where I was going, so I stayed. I asked about the "Value Club" discount. Was told the "regular price is higher and your discount would cost more than todays specal low price. Still high 40$ range with tax. Got a ground floor room toward the back on the South side. I saw the ice machine was 3 doors down. This is important later! The room was old, dated but fairly clean. Better than some Motel 6s but worst than others. I'm not picky, I want clean sheets and a clean bathroom. Room was good size with a smaller TV but a good selection of channels. After unloading the bike and changing into shorts, and no shoes (so good to be out of boots after 7 hrs, I walked to the ice machine and found you HAVE TO PAY FOR ICE! I've only seen this one other time, in GA, off I-75 south of ATL about 10 years ago! Walked back to the room for 25 cents. Put the money in and pushed in the slide. I was knocked off my feet by an electrical shock that numbed my hand and arm!! No GFI on an outside machine? Hand was still numb and tingly 30 mins later. On safety, the battery slide on the smoke detector in my room was open with no battery installed. Safety seems to be on the short side here. Breakfast was the 'make your own waffle', coffee, and some other rolls. The breakfast room has two doors, no windows and 3 or 4 small tables and was very dark. There was a sign, "Do Not Take Food out of this Room". I cheated and went outside to eat, I can't eat in the dark! The dark may have been to hide something. After killing 3 cockroches and flushing their bodies, I quit flushing and just left the bodies of the next 6 on the walls and table tops in my room. On check out I informed the man of the electrical problem and he did ask which machine and said ok. For some reason there was a 6 to 8 inch hole in the floor between the bed and table several inches deep covered by the carpet. The outside was nice, looked as if it had been painted with all new outside door lights. I thought I saw lightening, but when I went outside to look, it was only 3 of the new lights on the 2nd floor strobing off and on! Someone had dumped a large bag of trash in the parking lot I saw unloading the bike. An hour later a man was out picking up the loose trash from the bag that had blown around on the lot. Didn't bother to pick up the trash that had drifted over to the grass. In all fairness, this is the worst ABVI I've stayed, and I think I'll forget the "Value Club" and find another chain.

Room Tip: Look for bugs on check-in. Plan on eating breakfast in the dark, if you follow the sign.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Midland City, Alabama, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

Found out that I had to go back to Pensacola the next day after leaving the city, so I stopped at Crestview since I had been to the Super 8 before and it was decent. But saw Americas Best Value Inn which look like it had recently been renovated and looked nice. I decided to give it a shot since they were the same price as Super 8, that was a mistake. Started out decent, lobby was nice, advertised soft slow recovery form mattress which it did have. Furniture was decent, but dated. Room had been renovated, but by someone who did not have a clue or did not care. Nice granite used in bathroom and shower but lines were not sealed correctly and faucet did not fit sink. Advertised Wi-Fi, but could not connect. When turning on the light over the sink, I got a bright flash then the light over the sink and bathroom would not work. Called front desk and described problem, when I woke up problem still not fixed. Called them again and the Indian cleck came to room with screwdriver and messed with a wall outlet cover screw that was on the wall and the lights came on. They obviously had a short somewhere in the wall but did not want to fix it. Lights went out a few minutes after he left, kicked the wall where the outlet was and they came back out. Took quick shower and left before placed burned down. Also, cigarette burn on comforter in a non-smoking room

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
myframe, General Manager at America's Best Value Inn, responded to this review, July 28, 2012
Thank you for your comments. We do apologize for what you have been through during your stay with us.We assure you of better and improved service the next time you vist us. While we take every effort to keep our service the best for the price, we regret for the remark about the name of the country which you assumed the clerk belongs to. This sounds a bit racial to us. This can better be avoided the next time you write a comment about some other establishment in order to maintain the credibility of your remark.
Tampa, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2012

very basic, not extra nice...but cleaner and newer furnishings than alot of the other hotels in the area. friendly service

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
sussex
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2010

This was an average experience in terms of the quality of provision - breakfast was provided in a spartan, windowless room. However we left with a warm feeling after the Eastern European manager went out of his way to give us use of his cell phone and refused to accept payment. Close to the Interstate exit but it is a difficult entrance to find

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
myframe, Manager at America's Best Value Inn, responded to this review, November 1, 2011
Dear Traveler,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay with us. We appreciate your comments. Please come back anytime and stay with us again.

Management
Cincinnati
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2009

The place is dated and looks it. The only reason I stayed there was at $90/night it was the only place that fit what I wanted to pay that was available. The next lowest was $140.
Beds were not comfortable and the room did not feel clean. The security chain bracket was installed backwards rendering it useless. The floor had a hole underneath the carpeting in one spot.
Was woke up twice by drunken guests outside in the wee hours of the morning.
Continental breakfast was barely that. The area to eat had three tables and six chairs.
The staff was friendly and seemed eager to please.
The place needs to be razed and rebuilt.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Detroit, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2007

This place was not good at all!!! It looked okay until I stepped foot in the room. The carpets had stuff all in them. I stepped on something & hurt my foot within the first few minutes we were there. I turned down the sheets & all of the white sheets had yellow stains all over. The shower had black chunks floating in my water, and there was tape in the bottom of the tub. I kept feeling like something was crawling on me as I laid in bed. Just not a good experience at all!!! So disgusting!!! Keep driving if you can & find something else. I should have slept in my car that night!!!

• Liked — The front desk guy was nice
  • Disliked — yellow sheets
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to America's Best Value Inn? Share your experiences!