“great staff” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Crestview
Nashville, Tennessee
“great staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

The front desk staff at this hotel, especially Lauren Holt, was very helpful and friendly. Our room was clean and spacious with nice mattresses and bedding. The A/C was terrific! The breakfast at his hotel was not great--eggs were cold on most mornings, the coffee was weak, and the whole wheat bread tasted stale. However, Sharon came on duty toward the end of our stay and the service certainly improved. The hallways and elevators were wet most evenings from all the kids going in and out of the pool. There were no towels in the fitness room on 2 mornings. We saw one maintenance staff person asleep on the sofa in the lobby! Internet service was extremely SLOW! Overall, though, very clean and convenient to interstate.

Room Tip: Ask for Lauren!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Springer, New Mexico
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

Arrived late and were greeted by Sarah who was juggling three phones, desk, cell and cordless. Husband on one and customers on the other. We were given our key and when we got to the room, I discovered I had somehow booked a handicapped room. When I asked if it could be changed she said, "You already paid for it, so nope, sorry." No problem, we keep the room. However there are no towels, so back to the desk. There is a lady waiting at the desk to check in and as I take a couple of things to the car, I see Sarah on the bench in front of the hotel, smoking a cigarette and texting on her phone.

Get the towels finally and then we discover, no fridge in the room. We later learn that the franchisees can choose what they want to put in a room....

Breakfast was ok, but again, not anything different and limited juice choices.

PLUS, it was over $100 for the night.

AND, the room was not the cleanest I had ever seen. Dust bunnies around and the filters for the AC were dirty....

It is convenient from the Interstate.

We were there June 22, 2014.

Room Tip: Off the Interstate so nice and quiet.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
HOLIDAYINNEXPRE... C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Crestview, responded to this review, June 28, 2014
Thank you for your feedback. We spoke at the front desk while you were checking out and the concern with the agent at the desk has been addressed. It is very typical for only one agent to work the desk in a hotel this small. During the average 3 pm to 11 pm shift there is not really any 15 minute period suitable for a federally mandated break during which a guest does not walk by the desk or a phone does not ring. Sarah has never been found to abuse her time and does at some point during her shift take a break as any hard working employee in any US place of employment is entitled to do during her 8 hour shift. I have however addressed your concerns with her being on a personal call the while at the front desk. I appreciate you bringing that to my attention.

It is also not typical and not acceptable for any amenities to be missing from the room upon check in. I apologize that you experienced that and I have followed up with the housekeeping department as well. We expect your stay to be comfortable and worry free and I'm sure should you chose this property in the future you wouldn't encounter the same issue.

Lastly I do want to address the comment regarding the mini fridge. Every room in our building currently offers a mini fridge and microwave except in the case of our executive suites which have regular sized refrigerators. I'm not able to explain why you would have thought your room did not come with one. In the event from time to time that one of the mini fridges stops working we have several on site ready to be swapped out so that no room is without a fridge. I'm sorry that you had the impression of not having a fridge available to you but I assure you after checking personally the fridge is there and was not missing at any time.
Homewood, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

I had a very hard time finding a "stop-off" hotel, before continuing on to
our resort on Panama City Beach. There were not a lot of choices. I was very pleased with my decision. Awesome location.
Great location, very clean fresh smelling room.
We had a long day of traveling, we were very tired, and we did not need any surprises at our hotel.
The 2 queen style room, was very roomy.
I highly recommend this hotel.
Great value for your money!!

Room Tip: Loved the third floor, at the end of the hallway.
Coral Springs, Florida, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

The rooms were clean and the A/C was cool.
The TV had a weird quasi cable thing going on and you had to punch in the channel numbers to get to stations. Not knowing the local programing made it pretty annoying to watch.
The breakfast is right out of military surplus Iraq. Powdered eggs and turkey sausage. It was so bad we paid to eat at Cracker barrel instead.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
HOLIDAYINNEXPRE... C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Crestview, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I'm glad to hear that you found our facility to be clean and comfortable. I'm sorry to hear about the malfunction concern with your television. Of course that is not a typical concern and we will gladly follow up internally to resolve that problem. In response to your displeasure with our breakfast, I apologize that you weren't happy with the selection. In addition to the items you mentioned we also offer fresh pancakes and a wide selection of cereals, pastries, yogurts and fruit so that there is a variety of items available each morning. Unfortunately we have little choice in the vendors who supply our breakfast options and to maintain consistency across the brand, all similar hotels offer the same items. Once again thank you for your feedback. We welcome any opportunity to grow and better serve our guests.
Valdosta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

We booked June 5 thru 9 through Booking.com and requested handicap on 1st Floor. We got room 321. The next morning we discovered it was not a handicap room with bath facilities. My wife could not bathe but I showered. The tub was slippery and I fell out and onto the floor. I am 77 and I hurt my back and hip. I notified the front desk of my accident and asked them why there were no rubber mas in the tub. I was told that Corporate would not allow them as the next guest might complain about who stood on the map. That is a stupid answer, why would the guest not complain about who stood in the tub? We were then switch to a handicap room on the second floor. On Sat my wife suffered a seizure after 12 min in the hot tub. So all said and done, it was not a good experience. The rooms were nice and the staff are great. I was unhappy to see the charges on my Credit Card as my receipt shows $572.40 but my card was charged $693.80. I called the General Manager and was told that the extra was for possibly incidentals?? Say What? There is a card in the rooms that say if you have problems and are not satisfied, that day's charge will be refunded. The GM said that there is a difference in interpretation between Holiday and Corporate but she would take $50.00 off my bill due to my inconvenience. It was a accident due to their negligence. The tubs were allowed to lose the protective surface.. I do not think that I will stay in Holiday again as it was not a good holiday.

Room Tip: Rooms on the first floor are close to the pool and dining room. e were told that the hot breakfast...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
HOLIDAYINNEXPRE... C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Crestview, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Thank you for you feedback. Overall we are unhappy to hear that your stay with us was out of the ordinary with your wife's illness and the other random problems that popped up. I do appreciate your statement that our building and staff is nice, and I'm glad that they were able to help you so quickly with some of the unfortunate things that occured.
As we discussed regarding the request for shower mats in the floor of the showers, it is a violation of IHG's policies to provide suctioned bath mats or anything simliar in the shower floors. This policy applies to every Holiday Inn and Holiday Inn Express in the United States. I understand the reason it was requested, but I wanted to clarify the reason we were unable to meet that request as you and I discussed it fully and what I read in your feedback is not the reason I gave you. Our showers are also designed and approved by IHG and are installed in accordance with their exact specifications and are inspected by their own corporate reps prior to allowing us to open. I understand that there was an accident and we are very sorry to hear that happened during your stay, but it is not a common occurence.
I'm also sorry you were not aware of our credit card authorization procedures. The authorization you described is an industry standard process imposed on all credit/debit cards upon check in not just at this hotel but at most, if not all major brands. We authorize $25 per night for potential incidentals and damages. In my experience most hotels authorize a larger amount, typically $50 and up per night. As we discussed this is just a pending hold and will be released. In order to avoid confusion we also have a fairly large sign at the front desk describing our policies and procedures for credit card/debit card usage.
Lastly, regarding the signage in the room, The Hospitality Promise reads as such: "Making your stay a complete success is our goal. Just let our Manager on Duty or Front Desk staff know if any part of your stay isn't satisfactory. We promise to make it right or you won't pay for that part of your stay." The main concern you voiced is that you didn't get the room type you wanted upon check in. We showed that you booked a suite without handicap accessibility. In order to correct any potential error on our part we kindly asked that you supply any confirmations stating that you booked a handicap accessible room and we weren't given any. Even after speaking with corporate IHG and booking.com both agencies confirmed that you were given the exact room type you booked. We have been extremely busy as of late and luckily we were able to move other guests around so that we could help relocate you to the handicap accessible room you desired. I'm very sorry that you had the unpleasant experience you had, but up to this point we have not been able to prove that there was any error on our part in the least by giving you the original room exactly as you had booked it. As soon as you indicated your desire to move due to an out of the ordinary accident, we immediately moved you into the room type you wanted, even though it meant changing around another guest who had already confirmed that room in advance. In regards to the policy quoted above, we took an issue that was not any error of our own, and immediately made it right, by giving you that other room and even went a bit further and discounted that room for you. There are other hotels, Hampton Inn is one of them, which do have a policy that states any problem will immediately be corrected with a free room. Our policy, as defined by IHG is to solve the issue, any issue. Resolving the problem is the main concern of our property before moving on to free stays. I feel as though we went above and beyond to resolve the issue, but I apoligize as I have several times so far that we chose not to give a free stay because of the room type. If you had booked the handicapped type and we failed to give it to you, then yes, there would be no discussion on my end. But to this date we only have your original confirmation for the non-handicap accessible room that was given to you exactly as you booked it.
Lakeland, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

Very convenient, comfortable stop for travelers. Quiet room, pleasant staff and decent breakfast. Only downside was poor lighting in room. I also stay @ Holiday Inns frequently but if I were to need to stay a few nights in a row I'd have to bring my own toilet paper; their's is one step above hay! Restaurant tip: Wild Olive. Cute little bistro with very good food.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Portsmouth England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

This was an overnight stay on a long drive from New Orleans to Port Canaveral with our grand daughter and we were very impressed with this hotel. I am a Priority Club member and try to use IHG hotels if they are in the area we are travelling
The rooms were excellent and very nice indoor swimming pool and a great breakfast. The hotel staff were very helpful and extremely pleasant. I would recommend this hotel to anyone

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
HOLIDAYINNEXPRE... C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Crestview, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
We appreciate any feedback and are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! Kindest Regards.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Crestview? Share your experiences!