“Unsympathetic Management During Family Emergency” 1 of 5 stars

Save 10-30%
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Crestview
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Garner, North Carolina
“Unsympathetic Management During Family Emergency”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

July 6, 2012

To Whom It May Concern:

This letter is in regards to our most recent stay at your hotel, The Holiday Inn Express (Crestview, FL). Let me say that I held your facility in high regard prior to my most recent visit (7-2-12 thru 7-6-12). From the very reservation this stay went south…I called into the inbound customer service line to make my reservations and was placed on hold for an extremely long time. I was then told by the attendant that he would need to call me back to complete my reservation (around 1AM EST).

I arrived at the hotel on Monday morning and was told that I was going to be charged a “No Show” fee, because I was a day late (which I originally requested Monday through Thursday with the option of Friday). On Thursday I received the statement which included the “No Show” charge, which was later removed by the front desk clerk. As a result of the correction, I made another reservation for the month of July (7-23-12 thru 7-26-12 with the option to include the 7-27-12).

While at the hotel (during our most recent stay), we reported several issues to the front desk and/or housekeeping personnel. The first issue had to do with a housekeeper blasting music which included cursing and vulgar language. The second issue we had was a baby crying making it very difficult to sleep. The thirds issue was with breakfast being at times under prepared and finally the fire alarm systems going off without warning (with no posted apologies). We mentioned to housekeeping that our daughter had an accident (soiled bed) and that her bed needed cleaning. They came in and conditioned the soiled mattress for the sleeper sofa. They never mentioned that we would be charged for a soiled mattress, nothing was posted at the front desk or in the room that soiled mattresses are to be replaced at the guest expense. When we returned from the hospital this morning with our 3yr old son who was having trouble breathing the night before (and who ultimately had to be admitted to the ER), we were told that we were obligated to replace the mattress. We tried to explain to the front desk representative that we just returned from the ER with our son and that we would be a little late (10 min to be exact) with checking out. The Rep was very rude and unsympathetic; and never made eye contact with us. We were not given an advanced notice that hotel management was going to charge us for the bed. They made us feel like we were not worth talking to about the matter. Our daughter continued to sleep on this mattress 2 more nights without health considerations. We were made to feel that the mattress was safe and able to be reused in the future, so we continued to allow her to use this mattress.

Please know that going forward, we would not recommend this establishment to anyone in the future. The establishment is not considerate and/or sympathetic regarding emergency situations that many families face.

Consider this letter as a termination of all future business/service use.

The Cooper’s

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, IHG Care at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Crestview, responded to this review, August 3, 2012
Dear davidcooper844,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property. We are deeply sorry we fell below your expectations. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product and for this reason your comments are very troubling and will certainly be looked into. We’d like to obtain some additional details regarding your experience, so we have sent you a private message.

We look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Janice A.
Case Manager
IHG Care

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Tupelo, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

My family and I stopped in Crestview on the way to the beach in Florida. I had read reviews on TripAdvisor about this hotel so we stayed here for one night. It was so clean and looked so nice. It was located next to a couple of restaurants which made it convenient. The front dest clerk was so nice and helpful. I will stay here again for sure!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Hendersonville, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

I am a Priority Club Platinum member. That means I stay in hotels ALOT. HIE anywhere has always been my first choice. Unusually good service and impeckably clean rooms at most HIE's 95% of the time. HIE IS WHAT A VALUE HOTEL FRANCHISE SHOULD BE. At this HIE hotel service means something different, in a bad way, and it is a top down thing. I will not stay at the HIE in Crestview anymore. I've stayed in this hotel several times in the last few weeks. I had an experience with the GM of this hotel that was totally out of line. In 20 years of business travel I cannot say that I've ever experienced anything like this. Bottom line, the situation that the GM was handling was mis-handled and there was ZERO attmempt to fix. Unfortunately it was so badly mishandled that I could not reccomend this hotel to anyone - no matter how clean the rooms are... Etc... Etc. If you stay at this hotel be forewarned, if you have an issue MANAGEMENT here does not understand how to handle customers in the hospitality business.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Crestview, responded to this review, July 18, 2012
Dear Jenkinsas,

Thank you for being a Priority Club Platinum Member and for your review regarding your experience. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to our attention and apologize for any inconvenience the hotel management may have caused. We will follow up with the management to ensure similar incidents won't happen again. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services.

Once again, we appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with us. We know you have many choices when it comes to lodging and we hope your future travel plans will continue to include Holiday Inn Express.

Regards,

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

My husband and I stayed here twice in the past four months and like it very much. Rooms were spacious and quiet. Cleaning service was great the four days we were there. The breaskfast was great every morning and the lady in there was very nice and helpful when i needed something a little different because of my diet. Front desk was very nice and helpful in suggesting places for dinner.Easy on and off I-10. We will be staying there again. Nice clean, quiet hotel.

Room Tip: We stay on the fourth floor no one above us, just four floors.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Sebring, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2012

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express for two nights. It was excellent. Check in was fast they had our rooms ready. Rooms very clean and spacious. It was quiet and close to I-10 for my travel. Brandon was the Front desk staff for both nights and he was AWESOME!!!!!! He suggested a restaurant for dinner, which turned out to be fabulous. I usually stay at a Hilton or Marriott but I was very satisfied during my stay. I would certainly recommend.

Room Tip: My room was facing the highway and near the elevators and had no issue with sleeping.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Raleigh, NC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel twice before, however on this recent trip, I went into the breakfast area, no one was in the room, I turned the TV to Fox News and the breakfast hostess came over and changed the TV. I asked to speak to the manager and was told he doesn't get in until later. I have called him 3 times and he has not returned my call. The GM is unresponsive. I'll stay in Niceville or move to another local hotel next trip

Room Tip: Stay at the Hampton Inn
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2012

Had a good stay,fast checkin -Very clean and fresh decor Glad that we picked this place along I - 10. Breakfast fine...and back on the road.
Used AAA discount

• Stayed January 2012

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Crestview? Share your experiences!