“OK” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Crestview
Sarasota, Florida
“OK”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2011

Manager and helper at desk when I checked in. Hotel was hard to find and set back a ways from Rt 85, my GPS couldn't locate the address. Hotel is nearly new and good looking, an outside pool at North end. Entrance has large automatic opening doors making it a snap to bring in luggage. When I got off the elevator (which is larger than those in most other hotels) and started down the corridor I thought I was in a kennel as dogs were yapping in at least 3 of the rooms. This is a pet-friendly hotel and in residence are several Army families recently deployed to the area. The ice machine was out of service, requiring a trip to one on the other two floors. Nice large and clean room with a separate sofa bed, two upholstered chairs, a micro and fridge. Only two towel sets and two coffee cups, one water cup. Room had a Lemon Pledge like chemical odor that faded as it got later. The shower head is out of reach for anyone less than 5' 6". The typical Comfort Inns breakfast selection was welcome after a quiet restful night. I would stay here again but would prefer a room in a pet-less section.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Austell, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2011

My family of 4 (2 adults, 2 teenagers) stayed here in late September 2010. We enjoyed our stay! We stayed in a 2 queen bed room, and it was spacious and clean. No complaints on amenities, except for the internet was kinda slow (which was not an issue for me since I have my own hotspot through my cellphone).

The continental breakfast was better than most - it had the make-your-own waffles, the standard hot and cold fare (boiled eggs, instant grits/oatmeal, varied pastries, toast, English muffins, yogurt, cold cereals, fruit, juices, coffee). The hotel also had coffee in room and was very generous in giving me extra coffee upon request. In the afternoons, the hotel offered cookies at the front desk along with coffee in the lobby.

This is a newer property, but we were able to stay for around $125 with a special deal for Delta employees. Definitely book through their website, you get the best rates and if you are a Choice Rewards member, you get quite a few points for your stay! We also requested late check-out which is complementary for Choice Reward members.

The pool looked nice, but we were not around much to use it. Hopefully next time! Not sure if they had a fitness room or not, but we were not there long enough to use it if there was one there.

All in all, we will return!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2011

I stayed here July 8th ... arrived very late with reservations. GOOD THING too... because only one room remained when I arrived.... and the last weekend had ended up with a "Super 8" an exit away....and will never stay there again. Rule #1 - Make Reservations in this area even if just stopping by on your way to Disney... because LOTS of folks seem to do that. I'm comparing this room a LOT to my stay at the Country Inns & Suites because both are VERY comparable. Paid $104... this is their busy season. Very nice and knowledgable lady at front desk... was still there when I checked out at 11a... joked that she must work 24/7.
Anyway check in was very smooth... 3 floors. One entry door... which makes me feel safer as a single female traveler. No ICE on second floor... this hotel looks very new. Their tub seems larger than Country Inns. Similar nice rectangle refrig, microwave and coffee maker. Free Wifi. nice Flat screen TV. Beds very soft and comfortable with nice assortment of square type pillows. I remember reading of sounds from other rooms... I did hear a few others in the rooms nearby but don't recall this being an issue at Country Inns. Its a toss up on which I would choose in the future as both are very similar. Going East... you would exit to the right for Comfort Suites and look for Wendy's on the left... you'll turn left onto a darkish road off the main road.... as mentioned seems fairly new. Had Breakfast at Cracker Barrel (very good) which is VERY close so did not try the Free continental Breakfast provided. Check out seamless and the lady remembered my name... nice touch. Shampoo conditioner and lotion provided and plenty of towels. Good Stay.

Room Tip: Make Reservations in the summer busy season
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2011 via mobile

Our family 2 adults, 2 children stayed here one night last week on our road trip from Texas to Florida. Nice room, super bright and clean, poolside, spacious bathroom, iron board, coffee maker, hair dryer. The breakfast was very nice, good presentation and clean area. We make the mistake to book a Red Roof Inn in the area of Kissimmee and it was not even comparable. I would definitely recommend the Comfort Inn for and ecomomic bed & breakfast!

• Stayed April 2011
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2010 via mobile

When greeted by the boy behind the desk be had NO personality. We were so exhausted and rhe only thing that drew me in is that it was brand new and looked so clean. The price was way too high and after only sleeping for 4 hrs it sounded like the people above us were going to come through the floor. Very noisy and they need thixker padding so you can walk without the entire hotel hearing you. Not a place to try and get good rest.

• Stayed April 2011
chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2010

Stayed one night on the way to Mobile. Nice new hotel. Very clean and nice staff. Good breakfast, waffles and sausage and eggs. Good computer in the lobby. Beds and room are great. Could not find on gps

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with friends
Jacksonville, FL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2010

Price was very good. Lobby was clean and attendant was reasonably attentive. Bed was very comfortable. Room was nicely appointed. LOVE the # of electrical receptacles for charging my electronics (this is normally sadly lacking but there were a BUNCH of places for my "toys").

HOWEVER:
1) Found a pillow with dried blood in my room (was the "extra" pillow in the closet, but GROSS anyway). Thank goodness this was noticed before sleeping on the nasty thing. I was too tired to deal with this that night so I tossed it on the floor and took it to front desk the next morning. I was given a verbal apology, but was NOT offered any type of compensation (i.e., credit toward my bill, credit toward future stay, etc) and while I'm not "out for a freebie" I would at least have liked to be offered such so I could turn it down or accept it.

2) Food was just "okay" at breakfast. Bread slices are individually wrapped but were so stale that they were "hard" before toasting and even harder after toasting. The bagels were also on the stale side. The waffles were good and for the gravy was GREAT! BUT - there was no fruit, and no protein (i.e., boiled eggs, etc) - so it's basically a heart attack waiting to happen.

3) Desk chair was missing a screw in the left arm and when I sat down it nearly tossed me out as the arm was very loose. (To be honest, at the time of this review I had not yet reported this but will be doing so upon checkout.)

Overall - a good stay. I will try this location again - but I'll bring my own breakfast items (or at least a supplement for the wonderful gravy).

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Crestview? Share your experiences!