“Will return.” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dessert, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Takeout
Description: Casual oceanfront family restaurant featuring fresh local seafood.
st. augustine, fl
“Will return.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012 via mobile

We ordered oysters (local), shrimp, and crab cakes. They were all delicious! The corn bread is yummy too. The upstairs atmosphere was good. Quiet and over looking the beach. We will certainly return!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

• Slovak first
Saint Augustine, Florida
“Great location and atmosphere, but average seafood fare.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

With so few restaurants in the area with an actual beach view, we had been wanting to try this out for some time. We were seated outside with a nice view of the beach/ocean. Our server was courteous and prompt. We started off with a cup of their Roasted Corn & Blue Crab Chowder. Very very rich and tasty, I think if I had opted for a bowl, it would of been my whole meal. Definitely worth ordering again. For dinner, my wife ordered their Fried Crab Cake Dinner, and I ordered their Fried Shrimp Dinner. The crab cakes were nothing special and she ended up not even finishing them. The dinner came with sides of Datyl Cornbread, French Fries, and Coleslaw. Brought the cornbread home for later, but the french fries and coleslaw were delicious. For my own dinner, I very much enjoyed the fried shrimp. The were crispy, but not overcooked, and very flavorful and fresh tasting.

Would we go back for the food? Only if we were close by. Would we go back to just hang out, have a drink, enjoy the view? Definitely.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Franklin, North Carolina
“South Beach Grill had excellent seafood”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

Enjoyed a lunch with friends we hadn's seen for a 15 years or so. Shrimp were luscious. Beer was very cold. But the conversation was outstanding! I have eaten at this establishment many times, and the quality is consistent.

Visited October 2012
Denver, Colorado
“What a find!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

The outside is not very impressive, in fact had it not been for TripAdvisor I never would have thought abut coming to this place. Even as we entered the front door, I was a little hesitant.

The host let me know that we had just missed the rush, it was about 12:45pm on a Friday. We pulled up a seat at the bar but there was plenty of seating inside and out.

When I got the menu, I had already decided what I wanted before I noticed the daily fresh fish specials and the 3 choices in the way you could have your fish prepared. I changed my mind immediately!

My husband and I split a 1 pound peel and eat shrimp. The were so delicious I could have literally eaten an entire pound on my own. For my lunch entire (for $13!!) I ordered the mahi-mahi with the paprika and dill preparation- the waitress let me know this was the closest to blackened on the menu. WOW. The fish was fresh, cooked perfectly and the seasoning was so unique and out of this world!. I was seriously surprised by how good the fish was. Even the side items that came with the fish, green beans, rice and a garbanzo beans "salad", were nothing short of amazing. I am serious, each of those side items were perfectly cooked and seasoned.

My husband knew I must be enjoying it when I was almost entirely done with my plate and had not yet offered him a taste.

On our way out (at 1:45pm) there was a wait of about 5-10 people. Regardless, this place would be worth the wait for me. Great find!

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Woodstock, GA
“Superb Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

We went for breakfast the Saturday after Hurricane Sandy blew through. The location is right on the beach, and the decor is beachy rustic. Menu choices were extensive and well priced. I highly recommend the macadamia nut banana pancakes - the pancakes are the size of dinner plates, and I could barely finish even one of the order of three. In the aftermath of the storm, the power went out at least 4 times during our visit, and the staff didn't miss a beat. Our waitress was outstanding, really hustling to make sure everyone was happy. We will go back and often.

Visited October 2012