“No room for Trailers!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Cove

Holiday Cove
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cortez
Holiday Cove
Save Saved
You added Holiday Cove to your Saves list
11900 Cortez Rd. West, P.O. Box 713, Cortez, FL   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Cortez
Atlanta
“No room for Trailers!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

No room for trailers! Even though I called ahead and said I had an enclosed motorcycle trailer, upon arrival I was told I could not keep on my site! Strict HOA rules. Went down the street to Buttonwood Inlet RV Resort, same accommodations for less money !! I kept my trailer on site and was closer to beach!!

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Daisy1339
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

This will be our third year at Holiday Cove RV Resort. The place is immaculate and the staff is friendly and helpful! We love VIP (Village Idiot) Pizzeria and Taylors ice cream! The laundry room is always clean and I've never had a problem using it. The landscaping is gorgeous and I love love love the little lizards that scurry everywhere! We've seen bald eagles, flamingos, manatees and osprey! Just a beautiful, peaceful place! CLEAN! CLEAN! CLEAN!!!

The only con that I could possibly say is completely beyond the resorts control. That would be the swarms of no-see-ums (biting midges). My husband and I get nailed every time we stay and the itching and scarring is pretty terrible. Up until last year Off Skintastic did the trick, but last year they viewed it as a condiment because they bit us straight through. These are not like mosquito bites, either. They are like tiny, itchy marbles under your skin and they last for weeks after and sometimes leave a scar. Don't open your windows, because they can squeeze through average window screen. They are all over Florida, so there's no escape, but Holiday Cove and Anna Maria Island are worth it!!

Perhaps the owners could do some sort of weekly extermination spray into the foliage? My guess is that they already do and it's probably as good as it's gonna get. Bring extra bottles of OFF!

Room Tip: The water side sides are fun, because you can see and hear the mullet fish jumping out of the water...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
NB Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

We spent the month of march at the RV Holiday Cove... Just a word-- LOVE.

We look around the aera , while we were there, just to compare., and we will be back for sure at Holiday Cove. Extra clean, help for parking when we arrived. Charming people and very calm place. Bus pass every hour, to go to Anna Maria Island or to stores on Cortez Road, for a 1,25$, great deal and very helpful.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

We stayed here again for several days recently and had a nice stay. The park is small, but it is very well maintained, attractive and clean. We rent the site - we do not own, and always enjoy our stay. We love this area and it is close to the beaches, close to shopping and restaurants.
We were met at the office by a person who escorted us to our site and then he directed my spouse on backing into the campsite as they are tight. I saw him do this with several coaches as they arrived.
The grounds are well kept, the dog walk is clean and fairly well lighted. I did need a flashlight after dark as there are areas that are pretty dark though. The laundry room is still very small, with a high demand for washing machines. (they have 3) It would be nice if they had more washers. We were one street over from Cortez road and while you can hear traffic, it was not disruptive and it gets very quiet at night which leads me to believe that even if you were backed up to Cortez Road, it would be ok. The sites by the water are very nice and seem to be larger.
It's not an inexpensive resort - but they can charge due to the convenient location. We'll go back.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Cortez, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

We first visited three years ago, loved it and have been back each year since, most recently earlier in March. Each morning the "guys" get together for coffee and discussion and I've always been welcomed as a visitor. The facilities are great, it's walking distance to the beach and all the things to do on Anna Marie Island. We bring our boat and either rent a dock or just put it in at the park or at other nearby boat launches. We love the area and this is the only place to stay in this part of Florida.

Room Tip: Great RV resort.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Sarasota, Florida, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

After making a reservation, we drove to the Holiday Cove Rv park, which appeared ok. When I walked in to the office to confirm my reservation, I was told I couldn't stay at the park because my '93 Fleetwood motorhome was not in "like new condition". If when I talked to the office they had explained their policies, I would not have wasted my time driving an hour to their park. Our motorhome is clean, & in great condition, but it's a '93. It does not look brand new. Their policy can be whatever they want, but they need to handle it much better. They gave me no indication they fealt bad about what they did to us. After a short drive we found a much nicer park happy to have us for our anniversary.

Room Tip: We go to rv parks, rv resorts, state parks, & events two to three times a month for 4 years, thi...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Branson, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

My family stayed at this camground from 6/2-6/7 and had a wonderful stay! Everything is kept very clean. We enjoyed the music by the pool and the clean bathrooms. The camp host in the evening were truely friendly and kind! Close to lots of stuff to do and had an amazing pizza (V.I.P) and ice cream (Taylors) right across the street! We would love to stay here again. My husband did get ate up from some kind of bugs and is still trying to heal.......

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Cove? Share your experiences!