“Good and Bad” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Coral Springs
Washington DC
“Good and Bad”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2008

Eveything about this hotel continues to be good and bad. And usually the good brings me back, as the bad is not quiet "bad" enough!

Hotel is a nice property, centrally located in Coral Springs and comfortable rooms. Staff is 50/50. The good ones area VERY VERY good and others are worthless! Michelle and Myra were incredible at dealing with our large group. Brent and Alan were worthless. Sorry guys, but maybe time for a new job.

We have stayed at hotel three years in a row and everytime the hotel is under some type of renovation. Also HUGE news, the gas station across the street went out of business and now there is little or no options for drinks ect that are not already being sold in front desk. Salads did not look fresh, but McDonalds ect close by took care of food.

Bottom line, I would rather stay at this hotel than any of the local La Quinta's. Keep an open mind! And tell Michelle hi from Judy in Virginia!

• Stayed October 2008
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Arlington, Vermont
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2008

This is a very nice Courtyard Mariott off the road and quiet. It was the first time I was not disturbed by any road noise or doors opening and closing. The chamber maids do not start cleaning until later in the morning. My only main complaint is that we had an inconsiderate neighbor for 2 nigths who played the TV loudly and which kept us awake for an extra 2 hours. The 3RD night was totally PEACEFUL. ROOM SIZE was excellent with lovely amenities. Also, we LOVED the windows actually opened for some FRESH AIR. the entire hotel is very clean. The breakfast buffet is a good deal for $7.95. It would be great to have an alternative CONTINENTAL BREAKFAST with a ltittle fresh fruit and or yogurt. Coffee could be better. We would definitely stay here again, hoping not to have noisey neighbors. The pool is nice with a great little jacuzzi. Staff is very nice and helpful here.
DO NOT GO UP THE ROAD TO LA QUINTA AT 3100 N UNIVERSTIY DRIVE- WHATEVER YOU DO!! SOME FAMILY STAYED THERE AND IT WAS HORRIBLE.

P.S. It is wonderful to stay at a non smoking hotel, though the hallway reeked of smoke on my way to the room.

• Liked — Quiet & attractive hotel, nice pool, walking distance to mall
  • Disliked — that the walls are thin enough to hear TV next door and that hall smelled of cigarette smoke
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Chicago
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2008

We stayed at this hotel for training for our company that is about 5 miles away. The room was nice, the sink area could have been a bit larger so there was more room to unpack, but other than that it was a fine stay. The morning buffet was nice and we ate there most days. They could offer a litte variety, but if you're in a hurry its good. Overall, it was good for a business stay, I wouldn't stay there if I was on vacation.

• Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Ft. Laud, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2007

I have lived just 2 blocks from this hotel for many years but I never had any reason to stop in.....until the night my air conditioning died...in June...in South Florida!

I couldn't get the a/c fixed until the next day. There was no way I could spend the night in that house....with the temps in the 80's and 90's. So I phoned the hotel and they told me they had one room left. I asked them to hold it for me and I'd be right over. The staff was very helpful and polite.

This occured the week after I had returned from a vacation in Santorini, Greece where I had paid over $600 per NIGHT for the accommodations. And I would have to say that the Courtyard by Marriot in Coral Springs was NICER (the physical facilities, ...definitely NOT the scenery).

The renovations mentioned by other reviewers seemed to be finished. We were given a standard room on the first floor. It was very attractively decorated and immaculately clean. The bathroom facilities were excellent and everything appeared to be brand new. Best of all, the a/c was freezing.

This hotel is certainly not a resort destination. But if you have a reason to be in Coral Springs, this would be a very pleasant place to stay.

Stayed June 2007
Birmingham
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2007

The hotel was excellent for my location and had recently been renovated. Rooms were average size and had good amenities (refridgerator, cable tv, two king size beds). Staff were helpful and proivded map of local restaurants etc.

Breakfast was good with a selection of waffles, pancakes, bagels, cereals etc but no pastries. The hotel doesn't have a bar which was a slight disappointment.

• Liked — staff
  • Disliked — lack of a bar
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2006

The positives: Very nice people, tried very hard to satisfy the guests' needs, breakfast buffet with cooked-to-order omelettes, lobby coffee, nice variety of complimentary newspapers.

The neutrals: Fairly typical small pool, elevators, dining room, ersatz fireplace with light bulb and cylindrical foil tube meant to emulate warm fire (this isn't really needed or expected in South Florida), location, internet access in room, coffee service in room (only provides one cup at a time)

The negatives: Hotel is being renovated, public spaces dusty as a result of renovations, poor room design (television is on side wall, not viewable from bed), small rooms, poor lighting, food past its's listed expiration dates, printer in business center not functioning.

If the staff and management were the primary criteria to stay there again, we certainly would...but the rooms are too small and the fixtures, furnishings, equipment in the rooms just aren't where they should be, which ultimately made our stay less than comfortable.

With our apologies to staff and management - you were great but the facility wasn't.

• Liked — Staff
  • Disliked — Room design
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Cleveland, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2006

My husband and I stayed one night at this Courtyard. I chose it because we were flying out of Ft. Lauderdale Airport, and wanted a reasonably priced place to stay.

We tried to check in a little early, and the clerk tried to accommodate us. It was the Martin Luther King holiday, and she said she had a lot of early check-ins. Not many rooms were available, so she showed me a smoking suite (I requested a nonsmoking room). She made it available if I wanted it at the rate I booked my regular room ($119). It didn't seem too smokey smelling, so I took it. It had a small refrig and microwave, one TV in the sitting room, and another TV in the bedroom, which had a king bed.

This Courtyard also had a heated outdoor pool and a breakfast area, where breakfast is served from 6:00 a.m. (menu or breakfast buffet for a price). We didn't have the time to eat there, but it looked nice and clean.

Overall, it wasn't a bad place to stay. It was maybe a 7 minute drive from the Sawgrass Interstate, and about 15 minutes from Sawgrass Mills Outlet. From the airport, it was about 45 minutes during the end of rush hour.

• Stayed January 2006

Been to Courtyard Coral Springs? Share your experiences!